Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Asshole extraordinaire Brett Ratner harassed Ellen Page during the production of X-Men III: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...en-set-1057053

I'm going to kill that motherfucker.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    For what seems to be the 2nd or 3rd time...physically blocking the door so people can't exit sort of negates being able to leave 'at any point', no?
    I've read the NY Times article the second time and there wasn't anything about physically blocking anyone, so I guess there's some other story that I'm missing? Although, if NYT planned this story so long ahead, it seems a bit weird to me to leave such crucial detail out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I'm confused about why you hyperlinked the word "fan" to a picture of an actual table fan from the home depot site. Seems like an odd thing to do.
    Guess I'm an odd guy
    Last edited by telee.kom; 11-10-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: fan

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    The problem is that LCK spent years lying his ass off and claiming it was nothing but false "rumors," basically calling the women liars. So it's hard for me to believe that he's genuinely remorseful. He did an interview with Vulture just last year where they mentioned the accusations and he said...

No. I don’t care about that. That’s nothing to me. That’s not real.
    NYT put out this article just from this September where they brought it up much more directly and he said...

"I’m not going to answer to that stuff, because they’re rumors,” Louis C.K. said during the Toronto interview, as he told Vulture last year. But he added on Sunday, “If you actually participate in a rumor, you make it bigger and you make it real.”

So it’s not real? “No.” he responded. “They’re rumors, that’s all that is.”

And what did he make of the comments by Ms. Notaro, whose work he has championed? (Louis C.K. is an executive producer of her Amazon series, “One Mississippi,” though she has said they haven’t spoken in over a year; a new episode of her series features a plot with echoes of the rumors about Louis C.K.) “I don’t know why she said the things she’s said, I really don’t,” he replied...”
    Seriously, look at that shit: "I don’t know why she said the things she’s said, I really don’t".... Dude, fuck you, of course you know what a huge piece of shit you are, you shameless fucking LIAR.

And now here he is not even TWO MONTHS later and we're supposed to believe that he's all of a sudden become incredibly remorseful? Just all of a sudden? Gimme a break. The ONLY reason he's saying this shit is cause he's shitting himself because he knows he's totally busted and it's all going to shit and so he's forced to acknowledge it. He would have never admitted anything otherwise. He would have been a-okay with everything going along as it was, business as usual, keeping the "rumors" at bay, claiming that it was all a lie. Which is why it doesn't really mean much. The actual apology itself was moderately okay, or at least it was written better than what we've been seeing from a lot of these fucking idiots, but when you put it in the context of his recent history and the timing, I can't help feeling like it's a somewhat calculated attempt at damage control.
    Last edited by Mantra; 11-10-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I've read the NY Times article the second time and there wasn't anything about physically blocking anyone, so I guess there's some other story that I'm missing? Although, if NYT planned this story so long ahead, it seems a bit weird to me to leave such crucial detail out.
    I literally linked to and quoted it above on this same page lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I literally linked to and quoted it above on this same page lol.
    Ah sorry I missed it. Doesn't really explain why NYT article does not mention this. And I'm sorry, but I have little more faith in NYT truthfulness as oppose to what tabloid like Gawker says.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No doubt, I feel you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Mantra , those are all REALLY good points, thank you. Considering all those other points you cited, he’s a bigger asshole.

I still contend that his punishment is to be determined by his accusers.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't know what to make of the Louis CK thing... I'm really trying hard not to let my personal appreciation for his work interfere with how I feel about it. I also need to do some more reading before I could even begin to weigh in.

From what I've read, I haven't heard the response given after he whipped it out. If anyone can fill me in there, please, but I'm hoping to find it. He also asked, and got a laugh, as if it was a joke. I am not sure if he earnestly believed at the moment that he was just moving ahead with something crazy. I haven't heard that he tried to do more beyond masturbate in front of them.

I think, based on what I've read (and again, I've not read enough, I still need to read his full "apology"), that it's plausible that he regretted doing it, and that he realized in hindsight that what he did was shameful. Denying it goes along with that.

I don't know. I guess I'm going to dive into this deeper. At the very least, failing to confront the allegations when they became a public scandal months ago is cowardly, and makes the whole thing more pathetic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't believe it...I really can't. Next up... George Takei

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    NO! NOT SULU!!!!!!

Aw fuck. I hate Hollywood.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now added to the list. Disgraced FIFA president and co-founder Sepp Blatter: https://sports.yahoo.com/hope-solo-a...204752918.html

This one isn't much of a surprise since he is a scumbag.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Rolling Stone founder, Jann Wenner, offering work in return for sex: https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...os/jann-wenner
    I guess there's more reason to use that magazine as toilet paper.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don’t see anything posted on here or by friends on FB or whatever to be “ugh” because it’s obviously a genuine concern that is all the time, not just at specific opportunities; women really do need men’s support in the workplace for this shit to no longer be accepted. We will all continue to fight, either way, there’s safety and power in numbers. When you do and say things at work to thwart harassment, it MATTERS. It’s important.

But I think what @Volband was talking about was that specific Twitter link to a famous guy and @Volband said said that guy is playing “White Knight” to the world of (anonymous to him) women and that seemed disingenuous, and I saw what he meant. @Volband has been supportive here in his attitudes, as you have, but we are a kind of anonymous “family,” here, and it’s really great having your support. But I think @Volband had a valid point about bewaring or wondering about the Twitter White Knights, people on Twitter aren’t always very genuine.

Social Media can be a great platform, it can be a creepy platform, and even scary. This is a message forum, and that type of online media way predates Social Media.

I apologize if members here think that I meant people here. I was referring to a Tweet and Twitter.

Re The View, I mostly get a kick out of Joy Behar, she HATES Trump — more than anybody I see on TV, more than ME, even — and we watch it most days during breakfast; it doesn’t mean I agree with everything, sometimes I agree with Meghan McCain, LOL. I stopped watching for years because of Simone and Cameron Bure and some others. This current panel is balanced. Although, I don’t like Sunny Hosten, at all (too Catholic Church with everything). Whoopie provides a different perspective as a black woman from a different generation. The View is now mostly a Liberal echo chamber but ... I like that lol.
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with defending anybody, who is is clearly not enjoying any of the shit being thrown at them. As long as you can recognize and separate banter from any form of harassment, you are good to go. Though when mysogynists or racists talk at my workplace, I just lay low; they don't hurt anybody right there and then, and I sure as hell don't want to confront some of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

But you see, what that disgusting white-knight wrote in his twitter post is nothing more than disingenuous PR talk. "Trust women" is one of the dumbest sentence you can utter, and it remains just as dumb if you exchange women for men. It has nothing to do with trusting women, and everything to do with trusting reliable sources.

In fact, that prick actually hurts and derogates women, and any girl with a sense of dignity* would laugh and say "fuck off" to him. If I were a woman (though the same sentence could be said for every gender), I'd like to be addressed as a normal person, and not some handicapped toddler. Don't fucking condescend to me by telling others what to do with me. I would not want anyone to trust my words just because I have a vagina. I would want people to listen to me as they would listen to anyone else, and decide themselves if they believeí me or not. Everyone would be more than welcome to help me out, but not by pointing out my genitals, which has nothing to do with being a reliable source, but by strenghtening my arguments, backing me up with useful facts.

*I could understand how some desperate women would fall for phony people like this scum. He is basically trying to win over people by giving them some candy that looks really delicious from the outside, but absolutely rotten inside. If you want to be on a pedestal, then eat his words up. If you want us to be equal, then laugh just laugh at idiots like him.

theimage13: Yes, not only thiy guy is fake af, it is also not a good way to net that pussy he is looking for. He might get them as voters, but girls prefer guys with an actual backbone. You know, when your forced personality revoles around "WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. I LOVE WOMEN. WOMEN ARE SO SMART AND AWESOME. WOOOOO!!", it can be quite repelling and boring. The thing with being a nice guy is that you never try to sell yourself as one. People will notice, and that should be enough. You don't bark at waiters, you don't force down your opinion on others, you don't throw hissy fits and you can treat women equally without the need to tell them that you are in fact treating them equally - which in turn would result in the exact opposite. When nice guys complain about "girls liking jerks", there is always more to those stories. If your grand plan in wooing a chick is to figuratively lick her ass, then you immidietly strip yourself from any personality traits she might've found appealing otherwise.

You should watch Black Mirror s02 e01. It is about a woman, who loses his husband, but gets to rebuild him as a total lookalike "robot" with all the information about him being downloaded from his social accounts, so the doppelganger behaves as him. There is a scene that pretty much sums up everything I've been talking about in this post.

Now why would any self-respecting person would want to live with someone like this? It's boring, it's fake, it's "trust women", it's uhhh.

allegro: hahaha, understandable about The View. We all have our guilty pleasures. Too bad Hollywood took another spin of that expression.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-11-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Andrew Kreisberg, producer of the dc tv shows, has been accused by 14 women and 4 men of sexual misconduct.

As a fan of the flash tv show I️ feel pissed. Fuck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ironic in a sad way, since his son is one of Spacey's accusers...

Richard Dreyfuss

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Ironic in a sad way, since his son is one of Spacey's accusers...

Richard Dreyfuss
    Maybe an algorithm needs to be adjusted? Surely this wasn't intentional.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At this point it feels like ths should have its own thread with a running list at the top of all the names...it's so hard to keep up :/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't believe it...I really can't. Next up... George Takei
    Takei has fully disputed the claim.

Friends,
    I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Brunton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.
    The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not outof the moment.
    Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.
    Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.
    Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.
    Yours in gratitude,
    George

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with defending anybody, who is is clearly not enjoying any of the shit being thrown at them. As long as you can recognize and separate banter from any form of harassment, you are good to go. Though when mysogynists or racists talk at my workplace, I just lay low; they don't hurt anybody right there and then, and I sure as hell don't want to confront some of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

But you see, what that disgusting white-knight wrote in his twitter post is nothing more than disingenuous PR talk. "Trust women" is one of the dumbest sentence you can utter, and it remains just as dumb if you exchange women for men. It has nothing to do with trusting women, and everything to do with trusting reliable sources.

In fact, that prick actually hurts and derogates women, and any girl with a sense of dignity* would laugh and say "fuck off" to him. If I were a woman (though the same sentence could be said for every gender), I'd like to be addressed as a normal person, and not some handicapped toddler. Don't fucking condescend to me by telling others what to do with me. I would not want anyone to trust my words just because I have a vagina. I would want people to listen to me as they would listen to anyone else, and decide themselves if they believeí me or not. Everyone would be more than welcome to help me out, but not by pointing out my genitals, which has nothing to do with being a reliable source, but by strenghtening my arguments, backing me up with useful facts.

*I could understand how some desperate women would fall for phony people like this scum. He is basically trying to win over people by giving them some candy that looks really delicious from the outside, but absolutely rotten inside. If you want to be on a pedestal, then eat his words up. If you want us to be equal, then laugh just laugh at idiots like him.

theimage13: Yes, not only thiy guy is fake af, it is also not a good way to net that pussy he is looking for. He might get them as voters, but girls prefer guys with an actual backbone. You know, when your forced personality revoles around "WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. I LOVE WOMEN. WOMEN ARE SO SMART AND AWESOME. WOOOOO!!", it can be quite repelling and boring. The thing with being a nice guy is that you never try to sell yourself as one. People will notice, and that should be enough. You don't bark at waiters, you don't force down your opinion on others, you don't throw hissy fits and you can treat women equally without the need to tell them that you are in fact treating them equally - which in turn would result in the exact opposite. When nice guys complain about "girls liking jerks", there is always more to those stories. If your grand plan in wooing a chick is to figuratively lick her ass, then you immidietly strip yourself from any personality traits she might've found appealing otherwise.

You should watch Black Mirror s02 e01. It is about a woman, who loses his husband, but gets to rebuild him as a total lookalike "robot" with all the information about him being downloaded from his social accounts, so the doppelganger behaves as him. There is a scene that pretty much sums up everything I've been talking about in this post.

Now why would any self-respecting person would want to live with someone like this? It's boring, it's fake, it's "trust women", it's uhhh.
    I don't understand why you're rambling on and on about this guy just for saying "trust women." What exactly is the issue here?

Women have been saying that since forever, because for years the default mindset for most people (especially men) has been the OPPOSITE. A woman comes forward to tell people that she was sexually assaulted, and the general response was just equivocating cowardly bullshit like: "Well, IF that really is true, fine, I agree that's terrible, but honestly, we shouldn't jump to conclusions because, after all, women lie too ya know. It's not like women are perfect. In fact, that attitude is just another kind of sexism! Plus the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. So, for now let's just assume this woman is a liar by default until I see irrefutable proof to the contrary." The pervasiveness of this mentality has resulted in a culture that, by default, doesn't give a shit about what happens to women. It's half the reason sexual assault is so under-reported. "What's the point? No one will believe me anyway."

The whole attitude needs to change, which is why women have been saying some variation of "start believing women" "trust women" for so long. The default reaction needs to stop being "You're a liar until proven otherwise."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That’s really true. I had no problem with the Twitter guy “trust women” comment, in itself, wasn’t offended by it, didn’t see it as degrading or disempowering women etc. I don’t know that it’s chivalry, although there’s nothing wrong with chivalry.

But it’s BECAUSE women haven’t been trusted (or have been igonored) in these matters for so long that when a celebrity says that to his masses, I tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to not trust him, wondering his motives (or if he’s the next one in line on the abuser chopping block). It’s an anxiety based on that general mistrust that society has exhibited about these issues.

I follow Anthony Bourdain on Twitter and he’s been posting a LOT about these assholes but Bourdain’s GF is Asia Argento and he’s feeling her pain; he admits that he worked in the restaurant business that was FULL of sexual harassment. I follow Ronan Farrow who wrote the New Yorker piece, and he admits that he ignored his own sister’s abuse (by his father) for years and feels bad about that, so much of his motivation for this piece was to give these victims a voice.

A male voice, because another female voice probably wouldn’t have had the same impact. That’s part of what’s so screwed up about all this, but it’s reality.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-11-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Legally in most states, it's not sexual assault (requires actual physical contact)* but, that aside, isn't he saying that it's kinda WORSE that he USED his position of power and the knowledge of same (that these people admired him) to do it? It's like he's saying that the combo of his position of power and that "audience" was WHY he did it, like the masturbating in front of them COMBINED WITH that position of power is the whole power-fuckery to him? (To MOST: That’s exactly HOW harassment happens.)

Sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct ... NONE of them are REALLY about "sex" and are EVERYTHING about power.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ual-harassment

*Most sources are referring to it as sexual misconduct.
    You are sayng none of these activities are based on sexual excitement/thrill/pleasure? I can attest to that not being true.

I think the victim would feel it as a loss of power. a definite violation of freedom, self-ownership... it's definitely about power from the victim's side.. but the perpetrator could have many reasons for engaging in sexual misconduct. There's a good book called PERV, by Jesse Bering. subtitle: the sexual deviant in all of us
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 11-11-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I can attest to that not being true.
    Of course you would.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I don't understand why you're rambling on and on about this guy just for saying "trust women." What exactly is the issue here?

Women have been saying that since forever, because for years the default mindset for most people (especially men) has been the OPPOSITE. A woman comes forward to tell people that she was sexually assaulted, and the general response was just equivocating cowardly bullshit like: "Well, IF that really is true, fine, I agree that's terrible, but honestly, we shouldn't jump to conclusions because, after all, women lie too ya know. It's not like women are perfect. In fact, that attitude is just another kind of sexism! Plus the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. So, for now let's just assume this woman is a liar by default until I see irrefutable proof to the contrary." The pervasiveness of this mentality has resulted in a culture that, by default, doesn't give a shit about what happens to women. It's half the reason sexual assault is so under-reported. "What's the point? No one will believe me anyway."

The whole attitude needs to change, which is why women have been saying some variation of "start believing women" "trust women" for so long. The default reaction needs to stop being "You're a liar until proven otherwise."
    His tweet implies that on 1 on 1 accusations, we should trust the women, because they are women. Giving a shit and immidietly assume that women are saying the truth are not the same. If he wants to say the former, then word it accordingly.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well that's hard to believe considering some of the things he has said and done in recorded interviews. There was the classic Howard Stern interview and, I believe, something very recent.
    We have:
    - him saying it wasn't an issue that an adult took advantage of him when he was 13, because he thought the guy was attractive
    - him admitting to grabbing dicks without consent because some people are shy
    - him jerking off a nervous dude, on camera, while explaining that Brad isn't watching
    I just googled and watched the last one. What. The. Living. Fuck.

So, is that funny and okay because he's gay? Seems like there were some issues before that allegation as well.

edit: ok, read about the context. still fucked up, but... better, I suppose.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Anthony Edwards says he was molested, as a child, by producer Gary Goddard.

Of course Goddard denies it. But Goddard was one of the men accused alongside Bryan Singer in 2014. The suit was later dropped.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    His tweet implies that on 1 on 1 accusations, we should trust the women, because they are women.
    Uh, no, his statement very clearly stated that he was referring to the FOUR women who came out against Roy Moore, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "1 on 1 accusations" thing from. There's nothing wrong with what that tweet. He's 100% right: all of those women who have spoken out against Roy Moore should be trusted.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Anthony Edwards says he was molested, as a child, by producer Gary Goddard.

Of course Goddard denies it. But Goddard was one of the men accused alongside Bryan Singer in 2014. The suit was later dropped.
    Not that it matters, but I believe Anthony. Besides, it would be extremely evil to make up such a claim.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    You are sayng none of these activities are based on sexual excitement/thrill/pleasure?
    I think it's impossible to draw a clean line between the power dynamics and the sexual excitement because the power trip IS the very thing that they get off to. Saying that they didn't do it for the power but simply for the sexual thrill is like arguing over what came first, the chicken or the egg.