Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    like, if I wanted to know I was going to die I'd ask Dr. Google. :P

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Actually, the less immune system you have, the less sick you get...

The only thing that I don't like about it is that the agency I'd work for, who gets paid by the state, requires fingerprinting.
    Ok so, with me, idk. I'm woefully underinformed.

An autoimmune disease features an immune system so robust that it attacks things that SHOULDN'T be attacked, (like my fucking hands and feet.)
    But then, the drugs I'm taking...they LOWER the immune system. Idk.
    @chuckrh managed to get vaccinated.
    I'm gonna do it by Monday, I think.

Also, and this is drift, I guess, but regarding fingerprinting, are you worried about false accusations, or just invasion of privacy, or what?
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-30-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I hear you @allegro . There's a reason we've never done "23 and Me."
    But as far as FINGERPRINTS?
    IDK, I had to have them to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred Hospital- the one for ventilators and long term wound care.

ALSO...lololol. I've been fingerprinted by the fuzz in at LEAST six towns from Dallas to Oklahoma, back in the days. ;p

ANYWAY.

I've several appointments coming soon. There is a break between 9 and 14.

Perhaps I'll go for it on 9, the corona vaccine.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-30-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Being fingerprinted by “the fuzz” (lol) is what it is.

I’ve been fingerprinted BY THE F.B.I. (long story). I have a F.B.I. file - mug shot and everything!

But employees just willingly provide way too much personal data. Copies of drivers licenses, credit reports, HAIR, etc.

Working in someone’s HOME is likely because of the possibility of THEFT. But it’s an illusion of security. Nobody can use that info without probable cause. But if someone STEALS your employee file? They can steal your identity.

I actually DID Ancestry. And was contacted by that cousin in Florida LOL (who’ve I’ve dropped like a hot potato because she is a radical Trump nut).
    Last edited by allegro; 11-30-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @allegro I think it’s a strong possibility. My doctor and my mom (retired RN/surgical nurse) are unsure but lean toward “somewhat.” I had leukemia when I was a kid. When I get sick, whatever it may be, I often get very sick (and my body vehemently hates antibiotics).

This was a lot worse before 2016, when I figured out all my food allergies and changed up my diet. However, I still get all the horrible side effects from my medication and anytime I have to take antibiotics.

I never put it together that vaccines wouldn’t help me as much, though. So that sucks. Like I said earlier in the thread, I got pretty beat down by Pfizer dose one. Was pretty sick for about 8 or 9 days.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @allegro I got pretty beat down by Pfizer dose one. Was pretty sick for about 8 or 9 days.
    Did you talk with your doctor about the possibility of your having HAD Covid? Or another virus? Like the flu or something? All the literature about Covid vaccine side effects don’t extend past 24 hours. Maybe you actually HAD Covid?

Allergies and stuff, yeah, I hear ya. I react to drugs really strongly, too. I am allergic to several drugs. I got C-DIFF after taking antibiotics for bronchitis! Ended up spending about 6 hours in the ER in HORRIBLE pain until they finally figured out what was wrong with me. If I ever have to be on antibiotics, I have to be really careful which ones and be sure to do a ton of probiotics. My mom is allergic to most antibiotics. She had to be watched after her Covid shot for 30 minutes because she’d had an anaphylactic reaction.

Then I got the 2nd Moderna shot, I got DIZZY within SECONDS after getting the shot, to the point where I almost hit the floor within about 10 minutes. A nurse took me into the triage area behind a curtain, and had me lie on a cot. About 10 minutes later, a girl was wheeled back there, got up and went over like a tree, omg. For me, it was all more embarrassing than anything.

I’m glad you got the shots and got through it.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-30-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I actually took a COVID test during that time frame (can’t recall exactly what day as that was late March) and it was negative. I was told some people get sicker than others from the vaccine.

C Diff is no joke. I was quite sick in October of 2019 (could have been COVID perhaps but I’ll never know for sure) and that was one of the things I tested negative for. Still don’t know what that was. Wasn’t back to myself until early December.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-30-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Another one bites the dust...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    In this, the season of giving, I have zero fucks to give for him.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegro I think it’s a strong possibility. My doctor and my mom (retired RN/surgical nurse) are unsure but lean toward “somewhat.” I had leukemia when I was a kid. When I get sick, whatever it may be, I often get very sick (and my body vehemently hates antibiotics).

This was a lot worse before 2016, when I figured out all my food allergies and changed up my diet. However, I still get all the horrible side effects from my medication and anytime I have to take antibiotics.

I never put it together that vaccines wouldn’t help me as much, though. So that sucks. Like I said earlier in the thread, I got pretty beat down by Pfizer dose one. Was pretty sick for about 8 or 9 days.
    Damn, bro. I'm sorry. That sounds like an entire jumblefuck of grim bullshit...all of it. :/

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    It definitely sucks. I’ve delved into all this in a few threads here over the years and I don’t want to derail this thread with it all, but thanks.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    It definitely sucks. I’ve delved into all this in a few threads here over the years and I don’t want to derail this thread with it all, but thanks.
    Nor do i wish to derail the thread. BUT, as far as childhood medical trouble, i had a horrific and strange case of Bell's Palsy as a kid, wherein half my face was paralyzed: it can usually be fixed with drugs, but mine went on and on, and finally required a seriously invasive surgery. AND i fell 20 feet from a loft at age 5 and landed on a solid oak table, and ALMOST died, which totally changed my personality, permanently (it's probably part of why i'm a massive NIN fan.) I had chronic Fifth's Disease (fucking rashes and fevers and all kinds of grim shit.) I ALSO grew up with a bizarre allergy to too much sunlight; it caused nasty skin issues. (at least that one made me feel like a vampiric superhero.)

(and now i've got epilepsy, and RA, and broke my fucking back in five places, and all sorts of mental health issues)

I say all of this to say that, i can feel your pain, at least to a certain degree. At least i didn't have childhood leukemia, though. I'm glad you're here, my man.
    Stay strong.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-01-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My little brother had Bell’s Palsy. He couldn’t close his eye, slept with one eye open. His face was never really the same after that, he had a crooked smile. My boss had it, too. TWICE! Same thing. He had to wear a patch on his eye, couldn’t drive, we had to take turns driving him to Court. His eyelid was permanently screwed up.

/drift

Re the Omicron variant: They / we were blaming South African countries but now it ends up it was in Europe way before that? And fingers were wrongly pointed at South African countries?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/omi...rt-raised/#app

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/01/w...-21/index.html
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Write-up regarding the Minnesota OMICRON \m/ case...of note (emphasis mine):

The person with the Omicron variant is an adult male, is a resident of Hennepin County, and had been vaccinated. The person developed mild symptoms on Nov. 22 and sought COVID-19 testing on Nov. 24. The person’s symptoms have resolved. The person spoke with MDH case investigators and reported traveling to New York City and attended the Anime NYC 2021 convention at the Javits Center from Nov. 19-21. The person was advised to isolate from others. Minnesota epidemiologists will continue to investigate in collaboration with New York City and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    https://www.health.state.mn.us/news/...vid120221.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh that's bad timing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    oh that's bad timing.
    Yeah, not only that but it's further evidence the variant has been here for much longer than we first assumed, as was the case in Europe.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well I just got put on a list for the gif search I wanted to put here, whoops.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

did you hear about the new Matrix movie coming out?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Oh that thar irony.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-rally.html

Aboriginal elder dies in Covid hospital ward TWO WEEKS after he was cheered by large crowds while speaking at an anti-vaccination rally

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok so, with me, idk. I'm woefully underinformed.

An autoimmune disease features an immune system so robust that it attacks things that SHOULDN'T be attacked, (like my fucking hands and feet.)
    But then, the drugs I'm taking...they LOWER the immune system. Idk.
    @chuckrh managed to get vaccinated.
    I'm gonna do it by Monday, I think.

Also, and this is drift, I guess, but regarding fingerprinting, are you worried about false accusations, or just invasion of privacy, or what?
    Posting late but my fiancee can't get the vaccine due to autoimmune issues. After we had Covid, she had very severe pain in her joints and legs, and they're afraid it will do it again if she gets vaccinated. We're hoping one day to do both (vaccine and other meds) but not looking good right now. It's a strange case, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    In this, the season of giving, I have zero fucks to give for him.

Delicious A+ example of fitting gif response.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, this sounds bad.

https://www.cp24.com/news/there-is-a...cron-1.5704993

I've got my booster shot booked for January 4th, which is the first day I'll be eligible. I'm hoping I can dodge this thing until a couple weeks after that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Got my booster last night. All good, just a sore arm.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I got my booster too. The reminder for my appointment said to drink at least 16oz of water 1 hour before. I drank about twice that and only had a sore arm too. I think I was a bit tired that night but otherwise great. I'm so glad to get it tho. When my unvaccinated child got covid, I was scared I was going to be one of the vaccinated people who got it but I didn't get it. the only people who got it from my son were unvaccinated. next week will be two years since I caught covid. I'm pretty sure I caught it the first week of January 2020 and it was a rough go for 6 weeks. I never want that again and if a shot prevents that then sign me up for the lifetime plan.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It's running through NYC hot and heavy right now. Not sure if it's OMICRON or not but it seems like people are testing positive left and right. Seeing an uptick here in NJ, too. Even though we're boosted and our son is vaxed I still have covid anxiety.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    My health provider organization is saying I'm going to need a 4th shot in February. I'm in the high risk category unfortunately.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    getting my booster on the 27th. just need to push through until then....2 and a half more days of school. there's been a few cases, probably more unchecked, in my school this past week. one of my classes had to mostly quarantine as a student had it. the way schools have been handling it has been HORRIBLE, especially with communication and quite honestly how to handle things. I'm about 15 mins outside of NYC in NJ so I know omicron is around here too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    My health provider organization is saying I'm going to need a 4th shot in February. I'm in the high risk category unfortunately.
    Our son's pediatrician told us the kids will probably get a booster in May he expects a 2nd booster for all adults around the same time.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Posting late but my fiancee can't get the vaccine due to autoimmune issues. After we had Covid, she had very severe pain in her joints and legs, and they're afraid it will do it again if she gets vaccinated. We're hoping one day to do both (vaccine and other meds) but not looking good right now. It's a strange case, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    That's pretty much that. I'm not getting it. I'm just mostly staying home, masking up, etc.
    I see my rheumatologist on the 23rd, and will ask him about it again, but last time, he wasn't sure if I should get it or not.

I'm PRETTY fucking sick/disabled like 90% of the time. I'm not trying to get fucking SICKER from a covid shot. Autoimmune shit is NOT FUN.