Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Add me if you wanna do some Mario Mart sometime...

SW-1962-5257-1119

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Really thinking about getting the Switch for my day of birth just for Mario Kart. For the sake of my bank balance please someone tell me it's rubbish!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Really thinking about getting the Switch for my day of birth just for Mario Kart. For the sake of my bank balance please someone tell me it's rubbish!
    I wouldn't know. I can't find one anywhere to buy anyway :')

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    all i can tell you is that mario kart 8 on the WiiU is incredibly fun

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    15 minutes into their E3 presentation and they already announced rocket league, a pokemon RPG being developed AND METROID PRIME 4.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    15 minutes into their E3 presentation and they already announced rocket league, a pokemon RPG being developed AND METROID PRIME 4.
    Super Mario Odyssey looks even more insane than I thought it would be. Plus, Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS. Fuck, Nintendo and Sony killed it this year.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    can't fucking wait for samus returns.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A little bit surprised to see a new 3ds game announced. Would imagine they would try phasing out the 3ds sooner than later since they have two handhelds now. Nintendo knocked it out of the park though. Mario not too far off. TWO METROID ANNOUNCEMENTS! I'm definitely going to pick both of those us. A switch version of samus returns would be nice. I want more reasons to play my switch. It's just in limbo atm.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't see Nintendo given up on the 3DS anytime soon considering they're bringing out a new 2DXL next month (obviously for those of us that never used the 3D option...which is everyone)
    They clearly have a plan for both going forward, and considering the battery life on the Switch they might still view the 3DS/2DS as their handhelds and the Switch the console.

I'm definitely getting a Switch now though, judging by the talk from 3rd party devs who are making games for it, it looks like the Switch will be the Vita successor i've been waiting for.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions coming to 3DS as well! I'm seeing the $$$ signs racking up and it's making me cry a little, but I'm so excited for all these games coming out. Samus Returns is definitely an unexpected surprise.

I've been obsessively watching the Treehouse feeds all week haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have to get a Nintendo DS 3DS and SWITCH now because of Metroid. Can't wait for them both.

Mario Odysessy looks amazing as well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    been umming and ahhing over getting a Switch after E3, it certainly looks like the next bedside gaming thing that I can get behind a la Vita. But I'm so bummed out on the WiiU, I picked one up cheap to play BotW and gosh.. its not.. good.. but then.. Mario Odyssey...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    been umming and ahhing over getting a Switch after E3, it certainly looks like the next bedside gaming thing that I can get behind a la Vita. But I'm so bummed out on the WiiU, I picked one up cheap to play BotW and gosh.. its not.. good.. but then.. Mario Odyssey...
    Haha, did you just say BOTW is not good? I bought it the day it came out and I'm still playing to this day.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Haha, did you just say BOTW is not good? I bought it the day it came out and I'm still playing to this day.
    yeah, did you mean breath of the wild isn't good? or the WiiU isn't good? either way, what's your complaint? it's honestly the best game i've ever played, and i've had my WiiU for several years and absolutely love it.

meanwhile, my wife is ADDICTED to ocarina of time. she's playing it on the DS with headphones and keeps yelling when she almost dies, which is hilarious. but it's really awesome seeing her, at 32, be SO INTO something in the same way that i was when i was 12. it makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Wii U gamepad is a bit clunky and toy-like. There's absolutely no comparison with the Switch, if that's the problem you've been having with it. If BOTW is the problem, then.. I'll echo the sentiments that it's up there with the very best of games I've ever played. I know Zelda games tend to get that distinction a lot, but I feel like it's absolutely deserved in this case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm playing it on the Wii-U, but I'm using the Pro Controller which I find to be a very comfortable and sturdy controller.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ha! No, I meant the Wii U is not good, its just.. slow, I've been playing on a PS4 / laptop for years and going back to a Nintendo UI is.. difficult.. the gamepad is way chunky, the messaging system is horrid.. I got a pro controller too to see if it was that, and it still just felt stiff. buttttt.. I will say I didn't love BotW as much as everyone else (it seems). Don't get me wrong, its a very very very solid game and I totally get why people adore it (unless its the yickky voice acting, thank goodness for that patch..).. but it just landed at the wrong time and place for me. It's actually annoying to realise you are not enjoying something as much as everyone else, and its not that its bad, and it does some amazing things, but yeah.. it just doesn't click. I also played the Wind Waker HD just before I got BotW, and was so much more into it, which is probably part of the problem. I do however want to go back to it, and properly mobile too so yeah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    SNES Classic finally officially announced.

September 29th. Game list IS CLEARLY MISSING ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS, but it's still solid lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

September 29th. Game list IS CLEARLY MISSING ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS, but it's still solid lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy shit, an official release of Starfox 2?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The lack of Chrono Trigger is upsetting.

But holy shit indeed. This was going to be impossible to find even without Starfox 2. There won't even be a chance in hell now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, Chrono Trigger. They have FFVI/III and Mario RPG but not that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And it'll probably be extremely limited and impossible to find.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Oh yeah, Chrono Trigger. They have FFVI/III and Mario RPG but not that?
    And Secret of Mana. Which in itself is a bit of a surprise. But that game is no Chrono Trigger

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's funny but on Twitter I'm only seeing a couple games that everyone keeps bringing up: Actraiser and Chrono Trigger.
    Last edited by allegate; 06-26-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't even understand the ActRaiser thing. That game was alright back in the day for an early SNES title, but I definitely wouldn't put it in a top 20 or even 50 games for the console.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The lack of Chrono Trigger is upsetting.
    Agreed

Also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV, deserved to be there...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I would say it's more due to the music than anything. I still listen to the soundtrack, especially the orchestral arrangement they put out a few years ago.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I just came...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

...well Nintendo has won 2017 for me!