Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    it would have to be a completely different story. no returning characters apart from zuckerberg. and what would the crux be? I guess those senate hearings a while back.
    I haven't paid very close attention to Zuckerberg and his life, so I can't answer that question. I also concede that it's more than likely the most interesting part of his story was told in the first movie, so a sequel probably wouldn't live up to the original. Still, if anyone could make a sequel that meets the quality of the original, it would be Sorkin, Fincher, Trent & Atticus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I haven't paid very close attention to Zuckerberg and his life, so I can't answer that question. I also concede that it's more than likely the most interesting part of his story was told in the first movie, so a sequel probably wouldn't live up to the original. Still, if anyone could make a sequel that meets the quality of the original, it would be Sorkin, Fincher, Trent & Atticus.
    Zuckerberg has increasingly become more and more robotic over the years. I think with such a dull, lifeless character as modern day Zuck, any sort of enjoyable movie would be quite hard to achieve.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    Zuckerberg has increasingly become more and more robotic over the years. I think with such a dull, lifeless character as modern day Zuck, any sort of enjoyable movie would be quite hard to achieve.
    There was a time where he was seen as the normal guy in tech. Every time I see him now I wonder what the hell happened.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listened to the vinyl last night and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Amazing imaging and really clean sound. Haven't heard the OG version, so can't help with comparisons, but this sounds great.
    The essay, on the other hand....

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There was a time where he was seen as the normal guy in tech. Every time I see him now I wonder what the hell happened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Available now. $47 CAD.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The first movie works because zuckerberg is just barely relatable as a human. That’s no longer the case so I can’t see how they could make a sequel.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The first movie works because zuckerberg is just barely relatable as a human. That’s no longer the case so I can’t see how they could make a sequel.
    it'll do well in the lizard-people markets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all!

Just wrote a longread on the genesis of The Social Network soundtrack over on my blog

With The Social Network Soundtrack Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross broke free of the growing pains of Nine Inch Nails stigma – revealing an award-winning artistic duo capable of dramatic nuance, emotional depth and sonic power.

https://adamsteiner.uk/2021/04/23/st...rk-soundtrack/

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The Social Network is coming to 4K as a part of (the) Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 2 (4K). Atmos on the "Unrated" version:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28733

Took a screenshot instead of dealing with formatting copy/paste:

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Only 11 years old, and already considered a 'classic' alongside some pretty amazing films... that's not bad innings.

I wonder what exactly is included in the 'unrated' mixes that differs from the Theatrical ones? Is it just , over and over, swirling around in the rear and overhead channels?
    Last edited by botley; 06-15-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I wonder what exactly is included in the 'unrated' mixes that differs from the Theatrical ones?
    They dubbed over a couple 'fucks' in the theatrical version in order to keep it PG-13. They also changed the note that gets passed to Mark in class so that it said "u dick" instead of "cocksucker".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i hope we’ll get the dolby atmos version on apple music soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A source tells me that Sony is planning a steelbook release for The Social Network 4K standalone a few months after the box set is released. Not sure if it's a boutique or something common. The special features I think are going to stay HD.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    There may be a standalone release eventually, but I think it's likely to be more than a few months after the box set. We're more than a year after the release of Vol. 1, and only 1 of those titles has been announced as a standalone release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    There may be a standalone release eventually, but I think it's likely to be more than a few months after the box set. We're more than a year after the release of Vol. 1, and only 1 of those titles has been announced as a standalone release.
    Just repeating what I was told by someone with ties to DF and Sony.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    Just repeating what I was told by someone with ties to DF and Sony.
    Though Sony seems to hate Dragon... please let me be annoying and ask you to ask them if it will eventually get the same treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Though Sony seems to hate Dragon... please let me be annoying and ask you to ask them if it will eventually get the same treatment
    There is a 4K release ready for it. If anything it will probably be digital 4K long before a physical release.

There are also preparations for a Dragon Tattoo Definitive Edition early next year/possibly later this year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There is a 4K release ready for it. If anything it will probably be digital 4K long before a physical release.

There are also preparations for a Dragon Tattoo Definitive Edition early next year/possibly later this year.
    Definitive? Like NIN/Vinyl DE?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yaaassss! By far my favourite TR/AR score!

Do you have the link of an article or something talking about this definitive edition?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Social Network's Dolby Atmos mix is also available now on Apple Music.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OK, A) that's brilliant.

B) the fuck do I need to do to get it downloaded. It says I need to sync my library instead of give me a download option but when I do that it actually removes my access to iTunes on my computer. So I can only stream this? Every page I've read says I can download Apple Music files and yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    OK, A) that's brilliant.

B) the fuck do I need to do to get it downloaded. It says I need to sync my library instead of give me a download option but when I do that it actually removes my access to iTunes on my computer. So I can only stream this? Every page I've read says I can download Apple Music files and yet.
    Might need to download it while watching the network activity with wireshark to expose the urls, but I don't know enough about that to do it. I think this is what people did with Beats and the HM remix album. A streaming service's Download option -usually- stores it in an inaccessible/encrypted format, if I'm not mistaken, so they're more "downloaded" for offline access through the service.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    no, it's an Apple Music thing. If you want to download from the store you have to, as far as I can tell, tell your device that iTunes is no longer the way to get music onto it. I assume for security's sake so people don't download these Atmos mixes and then pull them from the device when connected to a computer? I mean it even says "if you turn this setting off every Music download will be deleted" so it makes the most sense.

I finally just said fuck it and turned the setting on on my ipad. Can't wait to listen to it in a little bit when I start this boring admin paperwork for hiring.

edit: boring paperwork has begun and wow this sounds great. the ipad is showing artwork for a totally different artist but it's playing the Atmos mix and it sounds great. Not as much separation as I expected from previous Atmos albums but the space the music has is much larger.

Carbon Prevails is the first song where it's really noticeable.

Head tracking is supposed to be coming this fall, probably in the new iOS update? that'll be weird.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-01-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Will there be an Atmos score release on Blu-ray?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    Will there be an Atmos score release on Blu-ray?
    At this point, it's looking unlikely. The big music industry players are leaning heavily into streaming exclusives; even The Beatles' new Atmos mix of Revolver is only going to be available as a stream.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Physical media is dying.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Physical media is dying.
    Except for vinyl!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    At this point, it's looking unlikely. The big music industry players are leaning heavily into streaming exclusives; even The Beatles' new Atmos mix of Revolver is only going to be available as a stream.
    Yes, lot of my friends are mad about the Revolver Atmos mix won't be part of the Super Deluxe Edition. All Atmos mixes were part of the box sets since 2017. Crazy times...