Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Reptile AATCHB source?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reptile AATCHB source?

anyone know which show the version of reptile on 'and all that could have been' (dvd2) is from?

sounds like it could be from the 6/3/2000 cox arena san diego show? http://ninlive.com/shows/2000/20000603.html

any help is greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    AATCHB is known to be spliced from several (dozens?) sources, sometimes several times during a song, so it may include that date or another. Watch out for Robin's hair at 4:50 then at 5:00.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 09-15-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've often been curious as to what songs' audio are sourced from which shows.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 09-15-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    AATCHB is known to be spliced from several (dozens?) sources, sometimes several times during a song, so it may include that date or another. Watch out for Robin's hair at 4:50 then at 5:00.
    This is true. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Do we know if they also dubbed parts on AATCHB in post, or was the audio purely ripped from live soundboards?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Reptile is quite different from the rest since it was only played like 5 times on that tour. Should be easier to find a right show (in theory).

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I think many of the sources came from the San Francisco, Cow Palace show. Reptile's audio definitely came from that, as well as The Great Below from that date.

Ironically, I just added a bunch of video recordings from the west coast swing and I think it's in Phoenix that you can see a boom mic over the soundboard. Assuming that was used for crowd noise for the board feed. There is a soundboard feed of the APC opening set floating around and there is a snippet of the NIN soundboard of just 'Hurt.' If they recorded the last song of NIN, I would assume the whole set it out there.

These are all assumptions, but they filmed the whole tour and maybe only audio recorded the last handful of west coast dates? By that time, the set had been dialed in.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I think many of the sources came from the San Francisco, Cow Palace show. Reptile's audio definitely came from that, as well as The Great Below from that date.

Ironically, I just added a bunch of video recordings from the west coast swing and I think it's in Phoenix that you can see a boom mic over the soundboard. Assuming that was used for crowd noise for the board feed. There is a soundboard feed of the APC opening set floating around and there is a snippet of the NIN soundboard of just 'Hurt.' If they recorded the last song of NIN, I would assume the whole set it out there.

These are all assumptions, but they filmed the whole tour and maybe only audio recorded the last handful of west coast dates? By that time, the set had been dialed in.
    All of the shows were recorded...just not for the album / video release.

Also, what's this about an APC soundboard from that tour?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also, what's this about an APC soundboard from that tour?
    Live in Phoenix boot, the same show where MTV proshot footage was taken

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Audio seems to be from 1 show, and the video is at least 2 shows.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Live in Phoenix boot, the same show where MTV proshot footage was taken
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise. A lot of those tracks were also on the 3 Libras/Hollow import cd/vinyl singles from Mer de Noms. I'm not sure if that's just coincidental to Tool also putting live soundboard songs on the Sober/Prison Sex singles to thwart the bootlegged album.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 09-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise.
    It's probably what it's sourced from anyway. There aren't any real photos of it though, just a fan-made cover(s).
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...791#post311791
    The sound quality is too good even for a pre-FM mix or whatever. No way it's not professionally mixed.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise. A lot of those tracks were also on the 3 Libras/Hollow import cd/vinyl singles from Mer de Noms. I'm not sure if that's just coincidental to Tool also putting live soundboard songs on the Sober/Prison Sex singles to thwart the bootlegged album.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's probably what it's sourced from anyway. There aren't any real photos of it though, just a fan-made cover(s).
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...791#post311791
    The sound quality is too good even for a pre-FM mix or whatever. No way it's not professionally mixed.
    Live In Phoenix was a "radio special" and was mixed as such. I have yet to find a picture of the original "radio-only promo" CD, but there is evidence it exists. I had a cassette, bought by a girlfriend from a record store in 2001 (Bloomington, IL), that was the entire thing (intro, bumpers, and the Matt Pinfield interview); artwork was just a pink j-card with black text. I have no idea if this was "official"; no one else has mentioned a cassette release and information is scarce.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have never heard the APC board from Phoenix. But "Hurt" from that show is definitely from a raw board feed.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    its fairly well documented that they did LOTS of overdubs in the studio for this release. don't ask me to provide proof tho