Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    According to Reddit, Trent said during the show he read online that the fans wanted some deep cuts after Burn then after Came Back Haunted he said "Forgot about that one huh?" I hope he opens the next show with Hurt and says "Haven't done that one in awhile."

In all seriousness, I think a Hurt opener would be pretty damn interesting.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-14-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The three songs that have been played at every NIN show I've been to are wish, march of the pigs, and hurt, and one of them was missing tonight

(honorable mentions go to gave up which was not played at tension and head like a hole which was not played on the Bowie tour)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Posted a fucking long-ass post in the tour journal for tonight, too dead to do anything else. I might have gotten like 3 photos and a short video snippet, too busy enjoying the best setlist of my life.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Holy fuck what a setlist 0__0

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This looks a whole lot like we'll be getting short but radically different setlists every night.
    Can't be happier Glad I'm going to so many of these shows!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Great clips from night one filmed by Marla Mattola-Marino:

Find My Way

I'm Afraid of Americans

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is an awesome set list. My only slight gripe with it would be how heavy Year Zero it is since I don't particularly care for that album's cuts ... but there's a LOT of great stuff there. Hopefully a full video of God Break Down the Door is out there somewhere.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I love the year zero songs being played. Opening with metal. Plus no hurt. Wow. Damn can’t wait to see the next two setlists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yeah, this is an awesome set list. My only slight gripe with it would be how heavy Year Zero it is since I don't particularly care for that album's cuts ... but there's a LOT of great stuff there. Hopefully a full video of God Break Down the Door is out there somewhere.
    Watching the live setlist updates unfold, I was expecting Hurt then Burning Bright to finish.

Surprised nothing of NTAE made it. But first shows before the tour.. bit of a testing ground.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Here's a slightly shakier clip of three songs ("Letting You", "Gave Up", "Even Deeper" aka the 'SHUT UP TALKERS... oh cool, Ilan is singing the Nah-Nahs... OMFG I miss Lisa Fischer' version)

Same taper (Timothy Rusling) grabbed part of "Only" plus "Wish" and HLAH
    Last edited by botley; 06-14-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I love the year zero songs being played. Opening with metal. Plus no hurt. Wow. Damn can’t wait to see the next two setlists.
    No hurt OR hand that feeds.

Not seeing those songs almost makes the scalper friendly onsales worth it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so if trent didn't play sax for god break down the door, who did? or is it just pre-recorded?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so if trent didn't play sax for god break down the door, who did? or is it just pre-recorded?
    Josh Wink did behind the curtain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Alessandro on his 4-Track tape

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I need to know what GBDTD sounds like live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I need to know what GBDTD sounds like live.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj_s6uEAzyT/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I can do without THTF. But I love Hurt. Would love for it to be in the slot right before Wish and HLAH

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Josh Wink did behind the curtain.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really hoping another TDS deeeeeeeeeeeep cut makes it on the rotation for this tour. Heresy or Ruiner would be so dope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll bet these Vegas shows are a real mix of tracks. The real surprise would be festival sets with high variation in the setlist.
    Then I'll bet the variety continues for CBI tour; c'mon, no way they won't mix it up for themselves during a six-night run in Los Angeles.
    Here's hoping for a version of "Sin."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    I'll bet these Vegas shows are a real mix of tracks. The real surprise would be festival sets with high variation in the setlist.
    Then I'll bet the variety continues for CBI tour; c'mon, no way they won't mix it up for themselves during a six-night run in Los Angeles.
    I could see some of the rarer ones make it to the festivals. They played a good mix of songs in 2009 on a bunch of festivals.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Really hoping another TDS deeeeeeeeeeeep cut makes it on the rotation for this tour. Heresy or Ruiner would be so dope.
    I'd vote for The Becoming but those two would be great, too.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Yeah, this tour seems like it sure might be pretty badass for people catching multiple shows.
    Now I'm trying to figure out how to see both nights at red rocks instead of just the one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah, this tour seems like it sure might be pretty badass for people catching multiple shows.
    Now I'm trying to figure out how to see both nights at red rocks instead of just the one.
    I couldn't help myself and just committed to getting two. I'll spend the next 3 months rationalizing and making up for it financially. ^^' Hope you can make it happen man!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    im gonna be blunt, outside of im afraid of americans and i do not want this that setlist f'ing sucked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is simply the best set-list I've seen in a real long time (that's including only active years, btw). Fantatic. Opening with METAL then a YZ treble... this is sick! Plus, no Hurt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    This is simply the best set-list I've seen in a real long time (that's including only active years, btw). Fantatic. Opening with METAL then a YZ treble... this is sick! Plus, no Hurt.
    I liked it more than all of the ones last year (outside of Webster Hall, tough to beat Somewhat Damaged as the opener.) However, the Euro 2014 sets were really dope too.

edit: Also, I could do without Only. Would honestly rather have THTF or Closer.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 06-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I hope there is more of a focus on material from all three newer EP's as the summer rolls on. That, and never play Came Back Haunted or Survivalism again. I love the YZ focus, but not the tracks selected.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Love-Hate that setlist (YZ anything and Only, for a couple of mentions)...but hopefully by what TR said about them playing what they want, setlists this year will be as fluid and colorful as 2009 Wave Goodbye. Those were the days!
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-14-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Pretty happy with the set list, but I am always eager to see more songs from The Fragile whenever I see them live. A little disappointed that the only Fragile song on there is Even Deeper, but holy cow am I excited to hopefully hear Afraid of Americans!