Page 107 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    I've seen that Dicke Titten may be based on Till's poem Bigger Better Harder:

Seven kilos slim aesthetic
    Knife and swab and anaesthetic
    Cut the eyes back sack reduction
    Rhinoplasty liposuction
    Pull the ears a little tighter
    Double chin a wee bit lighter
    With thread and needle scissors light
    One takes the pain without a fight

Although your tits are not too small
    They should be larger all in all
    Tooth extraction dans la face
    Implantations in the ass
    Tighten cheeks cheekbone displace
    Lips made plump with special waste

Wrinkles scalpeled not a trouble
    Penis lengthened up to double
    Him so happy with his stiffy
    Sex adjusted in a jiffy
    The woman in the man confused
    The hairs that one will never lose
    They posted what looks to be an April Fools thing on Facebook today - the 'Zick Zack Beauty Clinic' opening in Berlin.

Strangely enough, the text with the image mentions 'Prettier, Bigger, Harder' which isn't far off this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    To be honest I haven’t been going back to Zeit that much, I only listened to it the day it came out, honestly it fell flat for me. When Deutschland came out I was listening to it on repeat for days on end, same with Radio, those two had me amped up for the rest of the album. Hopefully Zeit is not an indication of the rest of the record, for me it’s a ballad not that memorable.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Gotta agree. The video and song are pretty tame and decent, which I like and what probably was a wise decision as the record seems to be a little bit more mature in nature. Yet it of course lacked the impact as their earlier "comebacks". Still looking forward to the new record as I like that more timid approach which feels very fitting for times like these.

Then again my hopes aren't high at all and I am not sure if I can attend the show in Berlin in two months.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    To be honest I haven’t been going back to Zeit that much, I only listened to it the day it came out, honestly it fell flat for me. When Deutschland came out I was listening to it on repeat for days on end, same with Radio, those two had me amped up for the rest of the album. Hopefully Zeit is not an indication of the rest of the record, for me it’s a ballad not that memorable.
    Really? I can’t stop listening to it. It’s so powerful and the video to me is a work of art. So poignant.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Really? I can’t stop listening to it. It’s so powerful and the video to me is a work of art. So poignant.
    Unfortunately, no, it's not doing anything to me. I feel like "Zeit" is the "Was Ich Liebe" of this album, the song is OK but it does not make a lasting impression like, say, Mein Herz Brennt, Seemann, Ohne Dich, Fruhling in Paris, Benzin, Amerika, etc. With that being said, I'm sure that there will be at least 5 or 6 songs that I will enjoy. And usually I fully enjoy 70-80% of a Rammstein album. For instance, with untitled the weak spots for me were Sex, Puppe (maybe this one is a bit controversial, I didn't hate it but it was just a generic heavy song for me), Was Ich Liebe and Hallomann. But the rest of the album was SOLID, up with the best Rammstein has put out. So I'm sure this album will have top songs, that will match some of their best work.

But, more power to you for enjoying Zeit.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Unfortunately, no, it's not doing anything to me. I feel like "Zeit" is the "Was Ich Liebe" of this album, the song is OK but it does not make a lasting impression like, say, Mein Herz Brennt, Seemann, Ohne Dich, Fruhling in Paris, Benzin, Amerika, etc. With that being said, I'm sure that there will be at least 5 or 6 songs that I will enjoy. And usually I fully enjoy 70-80% of a Rammstein album. For instance, with untitled the weak spots for me were Sex, Puppe (maybe this one is a bit controversial, I didn't hate it but it was just a generic heavy song for me), Was Ich Liebe and Hallomann. But the rest of the album was SOLID, up with the best Rammstein has put out. So I'm sure this album will have top songs, that will match some of their best work.

But, more power to you for enjoying Zeit.
    Puppe? Really? To me that’s one of the strongest songs they’ve put out in years. Till’s frantic vocals and the subject matter, and the creepy music. It’s all a recipe for greatness IMO. Plus that live rendition!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The assumption has been that the Zeit album is Rammstein’s farewell, based on the title song, what’s known about Joern Heitmann’s video for Zick Zack (not Dicke Titten, apparently), melancholy titles such as Meine Tränen and, especially, Adieu. But I also wonder if it was inspired by long time Rammstein associate Thomas Rothe, who died of cancer several years ago. Rammstein dedicated a 2019 performance of “Ohne Dich” to him. Richard dedicated Emigrate’s “I’m Still Alive” to Rothe (there’s footage of him in the video.) I read somewhere that Till's “Bitte” tattoo was in honour of his friend. Flake said the material would address world events, including the COVID situation; this may be the band’s loving tribute to their deceased friend - ruminations on age and mortality – and a comment on so many other lives lost.

I do think it’s very possible Zeit is Rammstein’s swan song. I’d prefer they quit on top than see an out-of-shape Till trying to Hammer or a white-haired, ball-gagged Flake being led around on a leash in support of their 15th album in 4/4 time with tired riffs and mediocre lyrics. The end of this month (for the album) and especially, May (the tour) will give us a better idea of the future of Rammstein.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I hope they release a tour or super deluxe version of the album later down the track with additional songs that didn’t make the album.

Btw, are Reise, Reise (the song) and Rammlied the only opening tracks to a R+ album that have been played as a live show opener? Even Benzin didn’t get the concert opening position.

Also, interesting that Meine Tränen is spelt with the feminine “meine” rather than “mein”. Will it be sung from a female perspective?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-03-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

These are the only four posts on their instagram currently. Anyone want to call the number and report back?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    ^ lol!

Number didn’t work on my service.

Looks like my earlier post about Zick Zack referring to flesh cutting could be semi correct.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-03-2022 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    The assumption has been that the Zeit album is Rammstein’s farewell, based on the title song, what’s known about Joern Heitmann’s video for Zick Zack (not Dicke Titten, apparently), melancholy titles such as Meine Tränen and, especially, Adieu. But I also wonder if it was inspired by long time Rammstein associate Thomas Rothe, who died of cancer several years ago. Rammstein dedicated a 2019 performance of “Ohne Dich” to him. Richard dedicated Emigrate’s “I’m Still Alive” to Rothe (there’s footage of him in the video.) I read somewhere that Till's “Bitte” tattoo was in honour of his friend. Flake said the material would address world events, including the COVID situation; this may be the band’s loving tribute to their deceased friend - ruminations on age and mortality – and a comment on so many other lives lost.

I do think it’s very possible Zeit is Rammstein’s swan song. I’d prefer they quit on top than see an out-of-shape Till trying to Hammer or a white-haired, ball-gagged Flake being led around on a leash in support of their 15th album in 4/4 time with tired riffs and mediocre lyrics. The end of this month (for the album) and especially, May (the tour) will give us a better idea of the future of Rammstein.
    That Ohne Dich performance dedicated to him was very moving:

Anyone else impressed how long they’ve managed to go without a lineup change with six(!) members?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Someone gathered most of the messages the phone number leads to. Includes a clip of the song.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/c...beauty_klinik/

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Someone gathered most of the messages the phone number leads to. Includes a clip of the song.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/c...beauty_klinik/
    Song clip definitely sounds lyrically like the poem @WingWalker alluded to. haha, what a difference to Zeit.

Debuts April 7.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Awful lyrics but definitely a nice heavy riff. Could be a cool song!

Will be heading to Berlin next week and luckily the Rammstein store is open on Saturday. Might drop by if I have time and take a look at the little museum they have.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oliver looks exactly, exactly like Harald Glööckler!

New pics of Flake and Schneider now up on the Zeit website; refresh to scroll through. https://zeit.rammstein.de/en I was hoping Schneider would reprise the lovely Frau...maybe this IS the update? And since the lyrics differ from the original poem, who's going to get the penis extension and/or foreskin removal??

Really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

The last two were finally posted to instagram.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Also, interesting that Meine Tränen is spelt with the feminine “meine” rather than “mein”. Will it be sung from a female perspective?
    Not really. 'Die Träne' is female (grammatically speaking). Plus it's plural, which makes it always 'meine'.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Not really. 'Die Träne' is female (grammatically speaking). Plus it's plural, which makes it always 'meine'.
    Thanks for the correction, got my wires crossed.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Best new Rammstein lyric:

Der Penis sieht jetzt wieder Sonne

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I believe we now have the costumes for the new tour.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Flake looks stunning as always

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Flake looks stunning as always

Flake got machismo, RZK got the Flying V and zebra skin from "You Can't Run Away", Schneider got that 80's hair band vibe, Oliver got style, Paul got Hausfrau Joins a Glitter Band, Till got Liberace meets Walter Mercado, and Till's cummerbund got the hardest job of all: holding in Till.

Love the pearls on Paul's guitar and the rhinestones on Flake's keys.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I can’t wait to watch the making of this video and their reactions to the makeup.

It’s like the Keine Lust video all over again but so much more disturbing haha

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This looks GLORIOUSLY AWESOME

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    This looks GLORIOUSLY AWESOME
    Agreed! I so am ready for that video tomorrow. Premiering on Rammstein.com, wonder if this means it's going to be not only kitschy but bloody and geriatic boob-y?

Lyrics were originally posted on YouTube by Rammstein Official then deleted, a Redditor made a screencap: https://i.redd.it/tyndnjhupxr81.jpg

6 second clip of Schneider Triumphant on Rammstein.com: https://zeit.rammstein.de/en
    Last edited by WingWalker; 04-06-2022 at 02:46 PM. Reason: additional information & links

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Any guesses as to what the lyrical theme of Zick Zack will be?

Maybe about self-harm and zig-zagging the blade through flesh?

Something with sexual undertones about the movement of the body?
    hehe *high fives self*

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Love the subtlety of Flake being the only one without facial injections.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    With Zeit just around the corner (which is likely to contain at least a couple of additional poignant songs/ballads), and taking the previously posted video of Ohne Dich live from 2019 into account, which Rammstein song to you, personally, do you find the most devastating/heart-wrenching/moving, and for what reason?

I’ve thought a lot about it, and I’ve come to the conclusion that Nebel is my #1 choice each time. Just the name of the song (Fog) and the notion of two lovers sitting by the sea while the male knows his soulmate is about to die, presumably from cancer, and gives her one last kiss before she moves to the next life, is just so heart wrenching every time I hear it, especially the way Till sings it. “The last kiss, he does not remember it anymore”. If that doesn’t give you feels, I don’t know what will. Also the fact that no music video exists for it adds to its mystery.

My only complaint is it’s set list position back during the Mutter tour. To me, that should be a concert closer.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    btw, 4 hours to go! —

"Zigzag"

Nicer, bigger, harder
    Tighter, smoother, stronger

Your breasts are too small
    Two pounds of silicone are fine
    Cut sacks from the eyes
    Mill the nose, suck fat off

We quickly delete two ribs
    And insert a tube into your lips
    In the cheeks, in the forehead
    Botox just into your brain

Zigzag, zigzag, cut it off
    Zigzag, zigzag, short and sweet

All sagging above the chin
    Can be pulled in the neck
    Implants in the face
    And we lift your buttocks

Knife, swab, general anesthesia
    Seven kilos of riding pants and
    Belly fat in the bio bin
    Now the penis sees the sun again

Tick tack, tick tack, you will be old
    Your time is running out slowly

Who wants to be beautiful, must suffer
    Cut it off, cut it out, cut ut away
    Needle, thread, scissors, light
    It can't go without pain

Tighten the cheeks, carve the cheekbones
    Splash the waste into lips
    Wrinkles rustle on the scalpel
    Foreskin gone, very relevant

Isn't the woman in the man happy?
    Anyway, everything is gone

Tick tack, tick tack, you will be old
    Your time is running out slowly

Who wants to be beautiful, must suffer
    Vanity is never modest
    Needle, thread, scissors, light
    It can't go without pain

Nicer, bigger, harder
    Tighter, smoother, stronger

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Catchy as hell! Though I expected more blood and guts. Nothing really shocking apart from some boobage here and there.