Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP. I found the cynicism and elitism very off putting and I think I might even hate Banksy now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hugo. What did ya'll think of this? I don't know if I loved it or hated it. I will admit the emotional scenes were very touching also, that boy is beautiful.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fright Night. Yes, the remake.

On Old ETS, I was one of the first to scream bloody murder at the news that they were remaking this movie. I must admit that it's better than I thought it would be. Colin Farrell is very good (as he most always is) and David Tennant is absolutely hilarious as the foul mouthed Peter Vincent.

Not a great movie but it could have been far worst.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Hugo. What did ya'll think of this? I don't know if I loved it or hated it. I will admit the emotional scenes were very touching also, that boy is beautiful.
    I honestly thought it was one of the big surprises of the year. I really enjoyed it. In fact, I think this is the best thing since Scorsese has done since The Age of Innocence. I loved the fact that there is this wonderful adventure story involving children with a bit of cinema history involved. It definitely appealed to the film buff in me yet it had a lot more to that. I think more families should see this film instead of fuckin' Alvin & the Chipmunks 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think more families should see this film instead of fuckin' Alvin & the Chipmunks 3.
    They made ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS 3? WTF?

If I had children they would only be allowed to watch Krzysztof Kieslowski.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Watching Harry Potter 7 - parts 1 & 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw Melancholia last night. It was fantastic.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Just came back and saw Shame (fucking amazing) and Take Shelter (that was awesome). My Best Actor race is definitely heating up between Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, and Michael Shannon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got done watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Recently watched: Melancholia: horribly boring, dull, dumb film.
    Shame: overrated, pretty dull film.
    What is with this "alienated" aesthetic so popular right now? Give me a film I can care about watching, please.
    The Descendents: not as bad as those too, but not that great either. Too understated for its own good, really. The awkwardness was on-point, and the kids' acting was good, but the overall feel of the movie was a little off.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 12-17-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Watching Harry Potter 7 - parts 1 & 2.
    Does it feel like one film back to back? I have yet to try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw Young Adult last night. I really liked it except the movie should have been longer. Patton Oswalt is really excellent in it and I would have liked his character to have been in more scenes. Charlize Theron really nailed it as person that's going through a slow train wreck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Misfits series 3 finale... noooo!!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    MST3K: Jack Frost

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Does it feel like one film back to back? I have yet to try it.
    It did actually, especially the little details that spread from part 1 to part 2. When you hear the radio talk about the new Headmaster of Hogwarts and when you hear Harry talk about "the other night" when the trio were all at Malfoy manor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Saw Warrior. wow.
    Then Drive. woW.
    Then Contagion. wOW.
    Then Moneyball. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. (the best)

All in 2 days.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watched all of series two of Spaced last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm currently watching the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce; It started off really well, some really poignant dramatic sequences, but at episode three it really started to feel a little heavy handed with the dialogs and music cues. But at episode four I found the change in actress for Veda particularly startling, the part was impeccably played by Morgan Turner for the first 3 episodes who played the role so coolly, her delusional perception of her condition literally chilled me. Then I guess due to a few year jump in time they decided to go with an older actress choosing the absolutely vapid Even Rachel Wood as her replacement, her unbelievable overacting killed the sense of danger and unpredictability Veda brought to the show, replacing it with the persona of just another spoiled brat. I'm going to finish it up tonight with episode five, I hope it can redeem itself.
    Last edited by Delusional; 12-20-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I loved Todd Haynes' version of Mildred Pierce. It was better than the film version in terms of its ambition and character study. I really think Evan is great in that role yet she was monstrous up to the end and she held her own against Kate Winslet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Saw Dragon Tattoo tuesday night, MI:4 last night, and Tin Tin tonight. Was a great week. All were great films.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Howl's Moving Castle.

Howl has got to be the most attractive animated character ever. Love this movie its so romantic!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yogi's first Christmas !

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I've been reacquainting myself with cable the last week or so. I haven't had it in probably three years. It's kind of nice to be able to just flip on the TV and just watch whatever is on on a lazy afternoon. For me, I've been drawn to "Pawn Stars," some show about international house hunting on HGTV and, today, a marathon of "Gangland." All pretty silly and pointless, but fine when there's nothing else on.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Apollo 18. Biggest piece of shit.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    For me, I've been drawn to "Pawn Stars," some show about international house hunting on HGTV and, today, a marathon of "Gangland." All pretty silly and pointless, but fine when there's nothing else on.
    Pawn Stars can be entertaining with three generations of pawners (hee hee). Made for tv with the grandpa and grandson being the nutters and the dad being the only sane guy. Also, seeing what people think is of high value and turns out not is pretty humorous for those lazy days as you say. Someone turned me on to House Hunters International a couple of weeks ago and I gotta say, I can't believe some of the crap people will buy. It's also amazing how cheap stuff is outside of my area. I'm retiring to Costa Rica.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Blade Runner: The Final cut. I got the complete collectors edition. The one with 5 discs. It's awesome to have all the versions of my favorite movie now. Also Kung Fu Panda 2 and X-men: First Class. So I should have a busy Sunday. Yay-eah!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally gave in and I'm about to start "The Wire." This better be as good as everyone says it is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I finally gave in and I'm about to start "The Wire." This better be as good as everyone says it is.
    I'll be the first to guarantee that.
    Been watching volume 1 of Looney Toons classics with my 9yr old. Now I've got her using the line "left turn at Albuquerque " at every opportunity.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Friends. Now that they show this on Comedy Central (cable channel) instead of E4 (freeview channel) it feels like I haven't seen this show in SO LONG. It's also making me feel a bit old.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just give it time, it's a slow grower in the best way possible.