Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    However, vinyl releases for various NIN and TR/AR related things have not been materializing lately, so we can't really pin our hopes on that.
    Ain't that the truth. Good point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw this logo the other day while looking at old merch photos, if someone wants to make the effort to add it. From the live 2006 hoodie.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bla...YAAOSwRdNbChHW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?
    Last edited by thepenguin55; 10-23-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: added word

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin55 View Post
    So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?
    yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you
    Yeah it’s already been corrected. I was just curious as I didn’t see a way to edit it myself

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin55 View Post
    Yeah it’s already been corrected. I was just curious as I didn’t see a way to edit it myself
    NIN Wiki doesn't allow anonymous edits (like Wikipedia does). You just have to register for an account, and then you'll be able to edit pages.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?

I would pose a similar question for "A Familiar Taste" and "Magnetic" from the Social Network soundtrack, but those are at least remixes/reinterpretations. Inquiries and Escape Attempt are literally exactly the same.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?
    Wow, I'm almost embarrassed that I never noticed that before. Another example is Ghosts 38, which transformed into Demon Seed (but that's covered in the page for Ghosts 38).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    To be fair, the only reason I know that is because the wiki says so, lol. I barely listened to either of those outtakes so they didn't make an impression on me at all. Just thought it might help with some consolidation.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I consolidated that info onto the page for "Inquiries", since it's the track that got a formal, commercial release.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

How Do I Contact NINWiki?

Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Paging @Malechite - he's the owner of the Wiki.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @Malechite , PM me. I'd love to be able to submit any lyrics/corrections/updates directly to you going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Paging @Malechite - he's the owner of the Wiki.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm a mod on the wiki. You're welcome to PM me with changes. You can also mention them in the ninwiki thread here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.
    You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.
    Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.
    Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.
    Just have things to add and ask for an account

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A topic for ninwiki already exists.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So I checked the lyrics for "I'm afraid of Americans" on other site, it says
    Johnny's in America, Lo-Teks at the wheel
    instead of ...no tricks at the wheel.
    Is that the difference you talk about?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".
    Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I've always heard it as "no tricks" (I've seen other people think it's "low techs" before) but it's the one line I'm not 100% sure on.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.
    For your consideration

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    100% "low" after seeing the Bowie videos.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    For your consideration
    Yeah, I concede the point. Trent mumbles it. Also, it's super-clear on the V5 remix of the song, which is practically a cappella.

Also, I'd never watched a video of Bowie performing it before. Watching them, I feel really sad that he and Trent never got to do a duet of this.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Well, I'm with you on that. For the last 20 years, I was thinking it was "low-tech's" but then after this page on the wiki was brought to my attention, I thought maybe I had been hearing it wrong.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @piggy , i've been trying to get this page updated http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

there are some sites that are no longer valid and I would like to add NINCatalog to the page as well.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    If we're going by what TR regularly sings onstage, the album version of "Closer" has the wrong lyrics!

...I think he's been doing a more subtle Trump dig lately by singing "logic's at the wheel"! XD