Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2022

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Somebody who was interviewed about the rail strikes in the uk has a tour long sleeve!

That guy looks like Anthony Fantano had a baby with Billy Corgan.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    egads...

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...una-story.html

A Nine Inch Nails fan wearing brass knuckles on each hand repeatedly bashed a 20-year-old rival during a caught-on-camera clash on a Harlem street, the police said Tuesday.
    The victim was near the corner of Lenox Ave. and W. 145th St. about 10 p.m. on May 14 when the unidentified suspect began arguing with him, cops said. The victim told investigators that he recognized the suspect from the neighborhood but didn’t know him personally.
    As the argument continued, the suspect — sporting a man bun and a black T-shirt with the famed industrial band’s logo — slipped on his brass knuckles and lunged at the victim, hitting him in the head repeatedly, police said.

Surveillance video released by police shows the suspect grab the victim from behind and body-slam him to the sidewalk.

He then pounced on the victim and began striking him on the head, sometimes holding his rival’s hair as he pummeled him, the video shows.
    EMS rushed the victim to Harlem Hospital, where he was treated and released.

The attacker was last seen running down W. 145th St. toward Adam Clayton Powell Blvd., cops said. No arrests have been made.
    It was not immediately disclosed what the two men were arguing about.
    Cops on Tuesday released surveillance video of the attack in the hopes someone recognizes the suspect, who is in his early to mid 30s and about 5-feet-7 and 160 pounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A friend of mine has an interesting cover of Burn.
    https://open.spotify.com/user/129194...urce=copy-link

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Absolutely fascinating interview with JMJ about his production job on M83’s Midnight City in which they talk for a very long time about his time in NIN.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't think I've ever heard JMJ speak and I'm struck by how much he reminds me of Maynard with a fro.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Is this a new variant or no? I already have the other two and don't need three.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It looks identical to the WaxWorks version to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    According to Kraw on Discord: "We've got a very limited number of copies of the recently released LOST HIGHWAY 2XLP deluxe vinyl that we are going to make available on the U.S. and U.K. NIN stores."

Sounds like it's not a new one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Also, for anyone considering getting one of these, they are not "silver" as described, they're clear with a blue/black/yellow splatter on one and red/black/yellow splatter on the other.
    The Sacred Bones version is opaque yellow with black splatter on disc one and clear with black/white splatter on disc two.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It looks identical to the WaxWorks version to me.
    I thought so but the discogs colors didn't match the NIN store colors.
    2XLP PRESSED ON 150GRAM COLORED YELLOW, SILVER AND BLACK SPLATTER VINYL
    Vinyl, LP, Clear with Blue, Black and Yellow Splatter
    Vinyl, LP, Clear with Red, Black and Yellow Splatter
    Vinyl, LP, Yellow w/Black Splatter
    Vinyl, LP, Clear w/ White and Black Splatter
    could be that there are just so many colors in the splatter that it doesn't matter.
    Also, for anyone considering getting one of these, they are not "silver" as described, they're clear with a blue/black/yellow splatter on one and red/black/yellow splatter on the other.
    The Sacred Bones version is opaque yellow with black splatter on disc one and clear with black/white splatter on disc two.
    ah, clears that up!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

This comment, lol:

Trent is from the area where I grew up. My mom briefly dated him when he was about 18. She still has Christmas cards from him, and the napkin he gave her with his phone number and address. It said Trent Reznor "STUD" then "24 hour service" next to his phone number. If you can find any of his Exotic Birds or Urge stuff, I recommend it, really good, experimental, and you have to keep reminding yourself it's Trent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’m not sure if this falls under NIN Spotting but I found it on YouTube earlier and it gave me a good laugh

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Physcical (You're So) in a sex scene at the end of tonight's Animal Kingdom episode.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Physcical (You're So) in a sex scene at the end of tonight's Animal Kingdom episode.
    haha beat me to it.

Aaaand that’s how Jay was conceived!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    According to Kraw on Discord: "We've got a very limited number of copies of the recently released LOST HIGHWAY 2XLP deluxe vinyl that we are going to make available on the U.S. and U.K. NIN stores."

Sounds like it's not a new one.
    UK stock gone already

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    NIN is featured a few times on Riot Fest's Now That's What I Call Goth playlist (the team that runs their socials and website has the best sense of humor).
    Also, someone on Reddit posted an official Smashing Pumpkins newsletter from before Mellon Collie was released and there's a photo of someone (one of the recording crew? I don't recognize them) wearing a NIN shirt.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Also, someone on Reddit posted an official Smashing Pumpkins newsletter from before Mellon Collie was released and there's a photo of someone (one of the recording crew? I don't recognize them) wearing a NIN shirt.
    That's Flood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this got posted yet, but Charlie Clouser posted outtakes of his “Heresy” remix on Instagram (he appears to be digitizing old DAT tapes).

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cfu4TBr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Since I saw the mention of it above, I also found the single first Sacred Bones exclusive LP of Lost Highway in a generic sleeve on Discogs for $20 and impulsively grabbed it, especially to finally have “The Perfect Drug” (and “Eye”) on vinyl. Should grab a complete set of the standard Waxworks issue the line to keep it with.
    Last edited by variablebitrate; 07-11-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    That's Flood.
    Is it? That actually occurred to me and I tried to look up what Flood looked like in the mid '90s, but I didn't think it was him. It would make sense since he produced both PHM and TDS.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Is it? That actually occurred to me and I tried to look up what Flood looked like in the mid '90s, but I didn't think it was him. It would make sense since he produced both PHM and TDS.
    Yup. Same nose.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=floo...&bih=645&dpr=1
    I've also seen other pics of Flood wearing that same PHM shirt.

The second pic on that newsletter page, the guy in the white polo shirt, is also Flood.
    Last edited by piggy; 07-12-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That guy looks like Anthony Fantano had a baby with Billy Corgan.
    Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Year Zero is the featured article on Wikipedia today.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    just came to see if this got shared. The most NIN related bits would be the new 5.1 mix and the “alternate uncompressed stereo soundtrack,” whatever that may be (unless it’s just means alternate to the 5.1, which is becoming a rarity for some releases these days?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m sorry if this has been posted before here in these forums, but I spotted this in School of Rock (2003): https://imgur.com/a/qo4uNW8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Billie Eilish with a PHM Tee at tonights LA Dodgers game

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Better view

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Today, St. Vincent released her cover of Piggy in 24bit on HDtracks, and I asume all other digital download places...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

A few seconds of NIN Hellfest phoshot in this "official aftermovie", no live audio (skip to 3:50 for NIN)
    Isn't Everyone (studio version) also used as a soundtrack to fireworks segment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pitchfork reviewed The Social Network soundtrack as one of their Sunday Reviews, giving it an 8.7 and calling it "One of the best film scores of all time" on Twitter.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...ocial-network/