Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Evan Rachel Wood has finally named Manson as her abuser. For some reason the Instagram post won’t link, but it’s on her official account
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-01-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson is officially named as Evan Rachel Wood’s abuser. Four others share their experiences.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...tent=algorithm
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-01-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Evan Rachel Wood has finally named Manson as her abuser. For some reason the Instagram post won’t link, but it’s on her official account
    Before this becomes a Manson thread takeover, I want to address this - there hasn’t been any decision about the future of the Manson thread mainly because we just don’t talk about it. Speaking for myself, I think it’s because we all hate what it eventually turns into every time it’s given a chance to breathe. We do have a thread for this particular subject in the headlines forum, so I’d take discussion over there. I’d also ask each of you to be cordial about it because we’ll shut that down too if it turns into what happened the last time we closed the Manson thread.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Before this becomes a Manson thread takeover, I want to address this - there hasn’t been any decision about the future of the Manson thread mainly because we just don’t talk about it. Speaking for myself, I think it’s because we all hate what it eventually turns into every time it’s given a chance to breathe. We do have a thread for this particular subject in the headlines forum, so I’d take discussion over there. I’d also ask each of you to be cordial about it because we’ll shut that down too if it turns into what happened the last time we closed the Manson thread.
    i think we should move worzelg’s post to the sexual asshatery thread. having a discussion about this in an opinion thread will only lead to victim blaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Marilyn Manson is officially named as Evan Rachel Wood’s abuser. Four others share their experiences.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...tent=algorithm
    I’m already seeing fans insist Evan’s a clout chaser. Which...imagine seeing Marilyn Manson’s name in a sentence and calling THE OTHER PERSON a clout chaser.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I completely forgot about the sexual asshattery thread, sorry

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Also, his love of telling fables to increase his mythos is going to come back to bite him in the ass now that this is out.

People are going to be going through his interviews and that book of his with a fine tooth comb now. And that is not going to be in his favor at all. The stuff the public used to think of as interesting and sleazy rockstar behavior, we now recognize as just narcissistic abuse.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    he made a video where he beats the shit out a woman who looks like her. fuck him.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And the clout chasing thing is hysterical considering that she’s on a prominent HBO show. Weirdly loyal folks just confuse me.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    And the clout chasing thing is hysterical considering that she’s on a prominent HBO show. Weirdly loyal folks just confuse me.
    Exactly. At this point she is more culturally relevant than he is. So the idea that she’s bringing this up for attention is laughable.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    He literally said in a 2009 interview with SPIN that “I have fantasies every day about smashing her skull in with a sledgehammer.”

Fuck this dude. Brian’s been coasting off a burnt out legacy he built in the ‘90s and from an outsider’s perspective familiar with his work because of being a Trent Reznor fan, the most intriguing thing to keep up with as far as Manson was concerned was how much of an ass he’d make himself on stage after refusing to get help.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 02-01-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Do you think he'll release a statement?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If so, it'll most likely just be a denial. I recall someone asked him about it (Metal Injection?) about half a year ago and the bloated shitbag literally just hung up on them. Fuck him forever, piece of shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I’m already seeing fans insist Evan’s a clout chaser. Which...imagine seeing Marilyn Manson’s name in a sentence and calling THE OTHER PERSON a clout chaser.
    “Fans” like this make me sick.

Jesus Christ, is it that big of a stretch to think he’s guilty of this? Come ON. His book SCREAMS misogyny.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really hope Lindsay Usich comes out of this OK. I noticed her Instagram has locked comments.

When I was a student years ago in halls of residence, me and a friend had to call security because of a boyfriend getting aggressive with a friend of ours and have him booted out, but she went back to him. What do you do in that situation?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-01-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I really hope Lindsay Usich comes out of this OK. I noticed her Instagram has locked comments.

When I was a student years ago in halls of residence, me and a friend had to call security because of a boyfriend getting aggressive with a friend of ours and have him booted out, but she went back to him. What do you do in that situation?
    I know, I’m concerned about her now too. Especially given the details that Dan shared on Twitter, because it sounds like he’s specifically witnessed him abusing Lindsay. Abusers are often the most dangerous right when you try to leave or right when they’ve been exposed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I know, I’m concerned about her now too. Especially given the details that Dan shared on Twitter, because it sounds like he’s specifically witnessed him abusing Lindsay. Abusers are often the most dangerous right when you try to leave or right when they’ve been exposed.

yes this is one of the worst thing about this, that someone is likely in the position Evan or Esme were in years ago, in danger. It’s not like some groupie story coming out from years ago where the perpetrator has changed and not likely to cause any harm. MM seems like a psycho

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm glad she came forward and finally said it. I believe her, and I believe all of them. He's a sack of shit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well...there it is.

I'm glad she finally came forward and made it official.

There's no defending this, no going to bat for him, no rationalizations.

I remember watching the Dead To The World VHS...it had a brief clip of the Groupie film (which I didn't find out about until years later), and I remember going "That had to be fake, right?"

I believe every single one of them.

The part of my heart that's a seventeen-year old kid Manson fan is burning up and dying now.

I wonder if I'll still be able to listen to the old records at all after this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    She just got married so she’s in that brainwashed fearful phase right now. He’s going to keep her pretty isolated and manipulated, but if she wakes up she’ll have ways out. I know this from personal experience in a relationship with an abusive ex-husband who had a trail of sycophants.

Manson HAS exes so they DID get out.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Sexual Asshatery in the News

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    She just got married so she’s in that brainwashed fearful phase right now. He’s going to keep her pretty isolated and manipulated, but if she wakes up she’ll have ways out. I know this from personal experience in a relationship with an abusive ex-husband who had a trail of sycophants.

Manson HAS exes so they DID get out.
    She also got the “mean girlfriend” edit by fans early on in their relationship. Her Instagram comments have actually been locked down for a while because his fans somehow decided that she was mean to Manson and so a bunch of them started hate accounts and would follow her around the internet shit talking her.

That’s scary as hell - being isolated by your spouse AND your spouse’s legion of fans isolating you further with their online abuse? I know her mom recently died too. Does she even have anywhere she could go if she left? That’s one of the things Dan brought up back in September, that Manson would tell her she would be homeless if she left him.

Now that I think more about it, the more pissed I’m starting to become with other members of his band/circle who Manson is still friendly with who HAD to of known. Why the fuck is Dan the only man who worked with him who is saying anything?
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 02-01-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I wonder if I'll still be able to listen to the old records at all after this.
    No judgment intended on anyone who is wrestling with this, or on the "separate his actions from his art" crowd... but it's been pretty much impossible for me to listen to him for YEARS, so this doesn't change anything from where I sit. The question is: why did so many around him enable this behaviour for so long? What part does media coverage, including fan social media chatter, play in that enabling?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I remember watching the Dead To The World VHS...it had a brief clip of the Groupie film (which I didn't find out about until years later), and I remember going "That had to be fake, right?"
    I remembered that today, too! I still remember how shocked I felt the first (and only) time I watched that clip.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I would quote some of the most disturbing parts of the NYT article to try to express how horrified I am by some of these details, but it just feels wrong to even talk about it. The whole article should come with a trigger warning. i really thought this persona he projected was part of an act; more "shock rock" stage antics and stuff... but I think deep down I knew he was a horrible person - that book couldn't have all been some fictional character that he created. Because I like some of the music, I think I even rationalized it a bit, as in "hey, ok, so he's obviously narcissistic, but a lot of musicians are" and idiotic ways to spin it. Probably so I didn't feel bad for giving him money. I even liked his new album, and I feel a little guilty about that now.

I was not even what I would call a very big fan. Maybe I was when Antichrist came out... and maybe I really really liked Mechanical Animals, but that's neither here nor there. The guy is a piece of shit, I believe her completely, and I've heard some other pretty shocking stories from people in the music industry about his behavior. I won't repeat them, because I can't verify them because I wasn't there, but I think I've known for a while that he's a pretty awful human.

Even then, I didn't really imagine him capable of doing some of these things, and I don't know why I gave him the benefit of that doubt.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Looks like he’s been dropped from Loma Vista so that’s tight.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Looks like he’s been dropped from Loma Vista so that’s tight.
    I’m not seeing him listed on their website anymore, but I also don’t see an announcement of any kind?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m not seeing him listed on their website anymore, but I also don’t see an announcement of any kind?
    https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...se-1234897586/

"In light of today’s disturbing allegations by Evan Rachel Wood and other women naming Marilyn Manson as their abuser, Loma Vista will cease to further promote his current album, effective immediately,” the statement reads. “Due to these concerning developments, we have also decided not to work with Marilyn Manson on any future projects"

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I mean first Twiggy and then his bff Johnny Depp and now Manson...A ring of abusers..Twiggy is on my friends list on fb. He used to have a photo album of all myspace era Miley Cyrus bikini selfies from when she was 14 and the photo album was entitled "mmmmmmm" so that was a red flag......I just got into a discussion with a friend who is defending Manson claiming he thinks ERW is doing it for fame.....So there will still be people defending him.....I know girls who still listen to Chris Brown.....Manson will do the James Franco thing and lay low for a year, then some indie label will sign him....I doubt its the last we hear from pigboy
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 02-01-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)