Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    let's rather look forward to the nine inch nailz tho.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Can't we just be happy that they're touring again?
    I agree with you guys. You have no idea how fucking estatic I am that He announced the return of Nails. Part of me honestly felt like he really did hang up the towel, but part of me deep down expected this would happen again, just not this soon. Nothing gets me more excited than rocking out a NIN show, they are hands down the best rock shows a person could attend!

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Can we quit bitching about a setlist WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YET?
    (the answer is no, because we are NIN fans, we will never not bitch.)
    Liked your post specifically for this point! Haha, it's soooo true! I'm just getting antsy here waiting for the tour dates to be released. I want to start planning my trip already! That's the most exciting thing about a NIN tour, seeing the dates and trying to plan your route.

I didn't think my setlist wishes were going to blow up into all this hatred. I mean, c'mon guys you have to admit - it would be nice to hear a few new tracks that have never been played live. That's the best part of being at a show, hearing a song that hasn't been played live in a looong time, if ever come up is a very surreal feeling.

While on the topic of setlists, I NEED to discipline myself on this tour and NOT read the setlists before the show(s) I see. I hate the fact that I always spoil the setlist for myself and as @sick among the pure said, can guess every song that comes next. I want to be surprised. I have only even felt that feeling twice. Once at the LITS opening show at Pemberton festival, was the first show on the tour, so I didn't know what to expect. I remember he played "The Frail" and my gut instinct was "The Wretched it up next, can't wait", but instead he went right into Piggy. That's what I call unpredictable. I kinda liked it, it was nice not knowing what was coming next.

It's not just with Nails that I need to learn to stop looking at setlists. I do it for almost every show I go see, I always want to "peek" at the setlists to see what songs are being played. I just have no self control, haha. I've done it time and time again for every show even though I tell myself not too and it's better to be surprised. I think I would like a show better that way if I never looked at the set before. Do you guys find it hard to not look at a setlist when it comes on line, what are some tricks you do to try and stay away from them?

The other show I felt that was The NIN/JA (wave goodbye) date I saw them at Las Vegas. I looked at the previous setlists like I usually do (need to get out of that habit), but I noticed a trend I have not seen at a NIN show before... they were drasticly changing up the set night to night, literally all the songs were new every night. So it was a surprise to what songs you got. That show at the pearl on May 19th, 2009 was hands down the BEST NIN show I had ever attended, and it was because the setlist was such a drastic change from the normal setlist.

Some of my all time favourite songs that I never thought would see the light of day ever showed up. Heresy, I do Not want this, Metal, The Downward Spiral, Physical...
    which kind of brings me back to what I was saying in my original post... "The Downward Spiral" (song) how the hell does that trump something like Terrible lie or HLAH live? I'm not sure... but for me it did. It was a breath of fresh air to hear something new, something different, something out of the ordinary. Instead of playing regular "Piggy" they played the "Piggy Nothing can stop me now" mix, and that too was a breath of fresh air hearing something new live than the normal version.

Maybe I just have high hopes on the new setlist, he's gonna be bringing some massive stuff to this tour, I can feel it. I think he's gonna have an amazing light show that will put LITS to shame and he will change the setlist up with some rare stuff night to night. LITS required every song to basically be played back to back in sequence, because of the high production, and while I believe he has another huge productions for us, I believe he will be stepping up his game this tour and even changing songs night to night, which is fucking HARD to do when you have a massive stage production to worry about as well.

So, just to finalize here, it's not that I am unthankful for NIN to be back, i'm happy for any NIN show, as we all know he's gonna call it quits sooner or later as he isn't the guy he was 13-14 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    He's getting older, and while I think those "sloppy-ass years" you mentioned there @tucker973 are some of the ALL TIME best for the band, the way he does his shows now are just as mindblowing, if not more powerful than those ones. I'd love to relive a live fragility or TDS show in this day and age, just have aggressive Trent breaking shit and fucking up the songs, I think that adds charachter to the live performance. But what he is doing now is on a whole new level. He's one of the hardest working guys in rock, and it shows it. The guy is always reinventing himself and his show whether we notice it or not.

So with that said, any NIN is good NIN. I just think after the wave goodbye tour, we were extremely spoiled with getting new songs every night, the setlists changing drastically, songs that have not surfaced in decades were popping up, I just have high hopes for the new shows, looking forward to what surprises pop-up. And ya know what? You guys are right... They aren't gonna tweet or instagram a leaked photo saying "The Perfect Drug" as that ruins the experience. Better to hint at a regular song that the public expects to hear live. I'm not saying the whole show needs to be obscure songs that your average fan has never heard of, rather a good mix of new and old would make the perfect experience. I enjoy enough of NINs catalog that I will not be dissapointed at the show because frankly, it's a Nine Inch Nails show! The best kind around, and I want to hit up as many of these as I can now in fear they will be lost in space and time forever soon.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-10-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Hopefully more phm will be played.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, when are these U.S. arena dates going to be announced? Do we think they are waiting until the new track drops on June 6?
    Just out of curiosity I looked up when the With Teeth fall dates were announced. It just so happens that tour started on September 16, the same date of the first known (unconfirmed) date this fall.

The 2005 dates were announced on June 14.

June 6 sounds about right.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    From Twitter: "@telefontelaviv: Week one of rehearsals with @nineinchnails done. 10 songs in the can. Feeling exhausted but excited. On to the next 40!"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    As a European fan, I keep forgetting that NIN occasionally have static setlists.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Just a few more months!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Technically, he is already "out there".

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    As a European fan, I keep forgetting that NIN occasionally have static setlists.
    ahh, but we get the incredible visuals.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post

Just a few more months!
    Where did he post that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Where did he post that?
    As a comment on a friend's video post on FB. Not sure if she's a member here or not.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, TR Just openly comments on your guys' facebook status updates!? Man, I think it was that interview at Studio Q in Toronto where he said he's not that "iconic rockstar" anymore, and no matter what anyone tells him he just isn't that relevant today, When I heard that I totally disagreed. I guess he really does feel that way now, he's just open browsing facebook like any other person would. Interesting...

TR still has a massive following though, does he not? I mean, the guy writes "Hello" on twitter and/or facebook and gets 10,000 links and 5,000 retweets. If that doesn't scream relevant iconic rockstar in 2013, I donno what does. *scratches head*...or in Trent's case *scratches beard*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wow, TR Just openly comments on your guys' facebook status updates!? Man, I think it was that interview at Studio Q in Toronto where he said he's not that "iconic rockstar" anymore, and no matter what anyone tells him he just isn't that relevant today, When I heard that I totally disagreed. I guess he really does feel that way now, he's just open browsing facebook like any other person would. Interesting...

TR still has a massive following though, does he not? I mean, the guy writes "Hello" on twitter and/or facebook and gets 10,000 links and 5,000 retweets. If that doesn't scream relevant iconic rockstar in 2013, I donno what does. *scratches head*...or in Trent's case *scratches beard*
    I think he's a bit less popular than between 94 and 00. But the popularity included a lot of things that wouldn't last(image of self destruction that attracted a lot of ...people) for long.
    Probably NIN has now the potential to grow beyond that: the name is there, the basic fanbase is there, it's literally a lot "healthier" now.
    He has already proven a lot of things, so he can go any direction and come back to this base.
    I just hope the energy in the live gigs stays, with the new guys. I think he's letting go of the leadership a tiny bit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    As a comment on a friend's video post on FB. Not sure if she's a member here or not.
    I'm here, lurking as always. That was much funnier in context... I'm glad Trent changed the tone of the conversation, and I think it made me even more excited for the tour. I'm so ready for Lollapalooza!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    its with very mixed emotions i tell you all that im pulling out of NIN. i know. its been a tough call and i don't know if its the right one. but i really want to focus on my musical life here in la, on film work in particular. as the tour dates kept growing… i just got overwhelmed. i just got home from a year of heavy travel with garbage, the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that nails demands… fortunately my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14. go get em gentlemen.

https://www.facebook.com/ericavery/p...54048284735038

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Can he find someone else in time??? There's no way they're gonna just pull the plug on live NIN now, will they?? Nahhh, they've come too far. They gotta act quick.
    Who's available that knows NIN bass... JMJ? Danny Lohner.... wait! Danny Lohner! There we go!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They're only a week into rehearsals. They'll be fine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can he find someone else in time??? There's no way they're gonna just pull the plug on live NIN now, will they?? Nahhh, they've come too far. They gotta act quick.
    Who's available that knows NIN bass... JMJ? Danny Lohner.... wait! Danny Lohner! There we go!
    DL for me too. JMJ would be good too, but DL just rocks that bit harder!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I play bass. Hell anyone can play bass ... unless they get Jean Beaudin.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ah, man, that sucks to hear. I was looking forward to seeing (another) new member on stage. Trent'll probably fall back on someone who's played with NIN before, now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sucks, I was looking forward to seeing Avery play with NIN. Got a feeling JMJ's gonna be back in the fold, but it would be VERY awesome if Danny Lohner comes back

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It sucks that Eric won't be available. Dude is an amazing bass player. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for his work with Jane's Addiction. I can understand why he's pulling out. I just hope either Danny or JMJ come back to the fold. I dig those dudes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    It sucks that Eric won't be available. Dude is an amazing bass player. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for his work with Jane's Addiction. I can understand why he's pulling out. I just hope either Danny or JMJ come back to the fold. I dig those dudes.
    I think he absolutely gets the credit he deserves for Jane's. Most people don't like anything Jane's has done since Ritual, and they attribute that to both the lack of Eric, and Perry's ego.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Has this been posted anywhere here yet?
    first tour date of 2014?

Madrid Spain @ Sala Riviera - April 18, 2014.

http://www.last.fm/event/3593097+Nin...+18+April+2014

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I play bass. Hell anyone can play bass ... unless they get Jean Beaudin.
    Put Josh Freese on bass!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I think he absolutely gets the credit he deserves for Jane's. Most people don't like anything Jane's has done since Ritual, and they attribute that to both the lack of Eric, and Perry's ego.
    I'm with you on that. I just accept Jane's Addiction w/o Eric Avery. It doesn't feel right. The albums after Ritual were major letdowns w/ the exception of the material from the NIN/JA EP despite Perry's vocals.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Ah, man, that sucks to hear. I was looking forward to seeing (another) new member on stage. Trent'll probably fall back on someone who's played with NIN before, now.
    As long as it's not Jeordie White, we'll be fine!

Nothing against the man's playing skills, he just doesn't belong in NIN.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Bright side: Confirmation that NIN will be on the road for a year and a half.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As long as it's not Jeordie White, we'll be fine!

Nothing against the man's playing skills, he just doesn't belong in NIN.
    I think Jeordie's a little busy at the moment, so you're good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Sucks, I was looking forward to seeing Avery play with NIN. Got a feeling JMJ's gonna be back in the fold, but it would be VERY awesome if Danny Lohner comes back
    Here's what JMJ posted on his Talk Bass forum after somebody said he was sad JMJ "didn't make the cut"

"There was no "cut". I didn't even submit myself as being available or interested. Trent has had these plans afoot for a good long while."

I get the feeling JMJ is more into producing these days, & isn't really up for a NIN-style tour for the same reasons Eric dropped out.