Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN at the Grammys

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

NIN at the Grammys

I didn't know if this warrants its own thread BUT then I saw some of the other topics and pulled the trigger.

Dave Grohl,
    Nine Inch Nails and Queens Of The Stone Age will be joined by Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham for a special performance at this year's Grammy Awards, it has been reported.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-arti...iCDvKTziAmh.99

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I thought he hated 'jamming' I'll be watching it though!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor, died, won a played at the grammys

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    holding out hope for Mantra, to be honest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I thought he hated 'jamming' I'll be watching it though!
    Times change, and so does Trent.

After his experience with the Sound City soundtrack, HTDA and Hesitation Marks, I bet Trent is a lot more willing to do something like this. In addition, like the article states, he has worked with all the people involved before, so it isn't exactly new territory.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This really, really excites me. Lindsey Buckingham is the cherry on top - gives me high hopes that we'll get a little bit of "While I'm Still Here." I adore Buckingham's contributions to Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They're not going to play "While I'm Still Here", it's the fucking GRAMMY AWARDS.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    They're gonna play Closer (Clean)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    First time I'll be watching the Grammys since forvever.

And yes, much like Jimmy Kimmel this warrants it's own thread.

Also since it's billed as NIN at the Grammys (as opposed to TR at the Grammys) I think they'll be playing a NIN song. Maybe they have so type of crazy mash up involved with QOTSA, going back and forth or something.
    Last edited by Krazy; 01-21-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    They're gonna play Closer (Clean)
    Well, they are the ceremony "closer."

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That's awesome news.Very curious to hear what they will play. First thing that popped to mind was of course Mantra.
    Are we gonna see some Tension production on top of Mantra? That would be freaking amazing. Not sure the "Grammy" crowd is ready for this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Cue the storm of tweets at the end of the Grammys exclaiming "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT BIG-ARMED OLD EMO-LOOKING GUY"

I wonder who the Grammy producers killed and sacrificed to convince Trent to close the show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    what is the "(and yes, I remember)" tweet referring to? is that related to performing at the grammys?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I doubt they'll play any NIN or QOTSA, or "Mantra," for that matter. They might play some Fleetwood Mac (TUSK?). It'll be something unexpected, knowing Reznor and Homme, and something suited to alllll of those musicians jamming to.

Plus, there's the quote from the Grammys producer (in the Spin article) that indicates it's something unexpected and a blockbuster. ""There's nothing better than when the Grammys can rock out, and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those Grammy moments that people talk about for a long time. Long live Trent, Josh, Dave and Lindsey and these great bands!"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Holy fuck Trent just dropped all this god damn shit on us on Twitter. Good thing I checked to see what m15a was talking about.

It's probably related to the fact that he shits on the Grammys at least three times a year and now he's closing the ceremony.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    what is the "(and yes, I remember)" tweet referring to? is that related to performing at the grammys?
    http://www.spin.com/articles/trent-r...s-grammys-are/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    thanks. figured it was something along those lines.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I wonder who the Grammy producers killed and sacrificed to convince Trent to close the show.
    That quote in my earlier post indicates it was the artists who approached the Grammys. NIN, QOTSA and FF now all have the same management -- who probably convinced TR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they're going to have the full lineup of both bands plus Dave Grohl & Lindsey Buckingham onstage, they'll probably just go with "Rock & Roll" from Zep like everybody does with those kind of jams.

(kidding, kidding)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Finally, a reason to watch and record the Grammys. NIN is a fucking win for me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Cue the storm of tweets at the end of the Grammys exclaiming "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT BIG-ARMED OLD EMO-LOOKING GUY"

Can't wait for all the tweets. Some of my favorite were after Bon Iver won Best New Artist, (for their second album, go figure). Bunch of tweets saying, "Who the fuck is this Bonny Bear guy".

I have no idea what those guys have planned, but I can't want to find out. Now I have to watch the Grammy's, or at least the ending. Will it be full NIN or just trent? Probably just Trent, but then song is what I'm wondering. A cover?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    It means, "I know I am a hypocrite, you don't need to remind me"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since Dr. Dre was shown a couple times at the Seahawks/49ers game Sunday for no real reason, is it cynical for me to assume this is just part of the Beats Music promo tour?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    That quote in my earlier post indicates it was the artists who approached the Grammys. NIN, QOTSA and FF now all have the same management -- who probably convinced TR
    "convinced TR" hopefully equates to "gave him so much money that he can afford to tour both bands for the rest of time"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent says a lot of things. I don't know why people hang on to his words as if he can never change his mind on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Since Dr. Dre was shown a couple times at the Seahawks/49ers game Sunday for no real reason, is it cynical for me to assume this is just part of the Beats Music promo tour?
    Yes, since both Nine Inch Nails and Queens Of The Stone Age (and the Sound City soundtrack) are actually nominated for Grammys this year.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 01-21-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm also interested in finding out if it's actually NIN the touring entity, or Trent. I would imagine just Trent, but since the article seems to specifically say NIN every time, and that NIN has never played the grammys, I don't know.
    Since I've never had a reason to be interested watching the grammys before, is it ever streamed (or uploaded later)? I don't have cable, and no matter if it's NIN or Trent with other people, I want to watch this asap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Since I've never had a reason to be interested watching the grammys before, is it ever streamed (or uploaded later)? I don't have cable, and no matter if it's NIN or Trent with other people, I want to watch this asap.
    The Grammys are on CBS 8PM Eastern. From the CBS site, looks like it's scheduled until 11, you could always tune in at like quarter to.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I miss the Trent Reznor that would tell the grammy people to go fuck themselves...but then again this is the "new" Trent. Business model Trent says its good for business to promote Beats if you play the Grammy's..Maybe he will wear a"Beats By Dre Tshirt as well.....Kurt Cobain must be rolling in his grave to the fact that Dave Grohl has somehow become the savior for rock music
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 01-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    The Grammys are on CBS 8PM Eastern. From the CBS site, looks like it's scheduled until 11, you could always tune in at like quarter to.
    Like I said, I don't have cable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Like I said, I don't have cable.
    CBS is over-the-air.