Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't like that shit either. I'm more old school of just buying a ticket at a ticket stand.
    If you don't have a smart phone they will hold your ticket at will call.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    If you don't have a smart phone they will hold your ticket at will call.
    I don't own a smartphone and I don't need one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm actually considering going to one of the Boston shows, but like the Pumpkins, I question whether they bit off more than they can chew. But hell, I was shocked that Coldplay can fill stadiums.
    They haven't at all. They sell out secondary market arenas within hours of on sale. Places like Boston and MSG will sell out quickly as well. They are huge and don't tour alot. I wouldn't go if you're expecting to hear the hits though. You'll get some big songs, but not all of them. I could see them digging really deep and obscure with these shows considering they aren't touring behind anything specific.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They haven't at all. They sell out secondary market arenas within hours of on sale. Places like Boston and MSG will sell out quickly as well. They are huge and don't tour alot. I wouldn't go if you're expecting to hear the hits though. You'll get some big songs, but not all of them. I could see them digging really deep and obscure with these shows considering they aren't touring behind anything specific.
    As of yesterday you can only get single tickets (no multiple seats together) for the Boston shows. Yeah, there was more demand than I realized.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    MSG shows sold out instantaneously. 4th show added for Saturday the 14th. Going on sale in 1 minute!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Ugh. I should have just gotten a standing ticket in presale when I had the chance. I usually have pretty good ticket-buying mojo, but I'm all the way down the side in Toronto. Boo

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ridiculous.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I almost missed out but somehow snagged for the Upper Level at MSG. Hope it isn't terrible placement.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Got an upper level Friday MSG ticket! I cannot believe I’m seeing them twice. It took an hour to pull up the seat on TM and cost as much as floor on WASTE did but I don’t care.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    As of yesterday you can only get single tickets (no multiple seats together) for the Boston shows. Yeah, there was more demand than I realized.
    NOW DO YOU SEE?!?!!?!? haha.

So I was patient and got a GA ticket for the 4th MSG show. I was frozen out of GA for the initial on-sale at 10am. Radiohead can be a sleepy experience at times, so I'd prefer to be nice and close and not sitting in a seat across an arena. The fourth show went on sale at 10:45am. I was able to pull one GA ticket at 11:05am on the TM app. Maybe the app works better than a browser? I was trying on two different browsers on my laptop also at the same time. I'm relieved. Going with friends but we'll have to separate. Not complaining though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    MSG shows sold out instantaneously. 4th show added for Saturday the 14th. Going on sale in 1 minute!!
    This post is how I found out about the extra show, and I got a floor ticket! Thanks so much for posting!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Egg on my face.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    if anyone wants to trade a sat ticket for any of the other shows, holler at me. i have a sat ticket in section 102 section that i can't use after all...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    This post is how I found out about the extra show, and I got a floor ticket! Thanks so much for posting!
    Glad to hear it! And a Saturday night to boot. All’s well that ends well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hitting Boston Night 1 & Travelling to Montreal For Both shows scored GA Floor for both Montreal Shows Psyched !!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm taking the wife to Montreal for our 10 year anniversary to see both shows. We saw Radiohead last year in Seattle and they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen! I don't listen to them on my own, but old co-workers and my wife used to play them a lot so I know most of their songs. Thom's voice is incredible live which is a nice change compared to Axl Rose and Marilyn Manson's recent shows. Even Rammstein are getting boring. NIN hasn't come to Canada in 5 years so good live shows have been slim pickin's lately. Ticketmaster was a total gong show for Toronto so we made the decision to go to Montreal at the last minute, I hate their new site - Here are some Row 1 tickets - oops sorry, someone else purchased them. Boy is that Evenko ticket website a dream!
    Last edited by fishtifer; 02-25-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I'm taking the wife to Montreal for our 10 year anniversary to see both shows. We saw Radiohead last year in Seattle and they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen! I don't listen to them on my own, but old co-workers and my wife used to play them a lot so I know most of their songs. Thom's voice is incredible live which is a nice change compared to Axl Rose and Marilyn Manson's recent shows. NIN hasn't come to Canada in 5 years so good live shows have been slim pickin's lately. Ticketmaster was a total gong show for Toronto so we made the decision to go to Montreal at the last minute, I hate their new site - Here are some Row 1 tickets - oops sorry, someone else purchased them. Boy is that Evenko ticket website a dream!
    Agreed that website should be used for every ticketing event its fair and works and was by far the best ticket buying experience I've had in ages!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hoping that the band can come to Australia someday in the future! They came here at the end of the 2012 tour, so maybe they're saving the southern hemisphere til last. I'm not holding my breath though, since it's probably a huge logistical pain in the ass just to get down here, especially with all of their gear and stage equipment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Can setlist spoilers go in here? Chicago is setting this run of shows up to be something special. My mind is blown (out)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wasn't able to purchase tickets when they initially went sale due to some unforeseen circumstances, but I was able to score two tickets for the second Boston show through Ticketmaster this morning. I'm not really sure why a few tickets here and there keep popping up (people purchasing and then releasing them?). I've never been to a show that was mobile tickets only. At any rate, I'm excited. I've only seen them once, which was back in '08.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tonight's show at MSG, the final of a four night run here in NYC:

I hoped & prayed for Bodysnatchers, and got it. They sounded killer as always. So clear. Thom's voice is still so strong. Only negative was b/c it was the Sat. night show, I had alot less super fans around me and alot of assholes. I never understand these couples that never let go of each other the whole show and make a scene. Aren't you HOT? Ugh.

I know The Tourist is a rarity, but god that song is useless live. So friggin boring. Other slow songs from Radiohead can go in that spot and are much better. Spectre was really cool to hear, and the extended singalong at the end of Karma Police was great. Heard some new flourishes in Idioteque that made it enjoyable for me again. Wish I had gotten Reckoner too but can't complain.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 07-15-2018 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Radiohead

I saw them Friday and Saturday at MSG. Even though I was up in the 200 section, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. They played "Like Spinning Plates" and "How to Disappear Completely" and I got chills multiple times throughout the whole show, which never happens for me. Also got a bunch of OK Computer songs I never heard live. Saturday I was about ten people back from the front on the floor, and it was amazing, but either the setlist didn't have the same flow or the audience just wasn't as amazing on Friday. Still, it was two at least wonderful nights, and I almost want to trek out to see them in Philadelphia if it's not sold out, it was so good. Also got lucky and had super nice fans to talk to both nights even though I'd gone alone.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 07-15-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Solid show at MSG last night. Thom’s voice is absolutely incredible. I wasn’t thrilled with the setlist though. No representation from Amnesiac (how is that possible) and a bit too much In Rainbows/King Of Limbs. Plus there were lots of bro’s dancing like they were at a Seaside Heights night spot. Strange vibes too; tons of people falling down like zombies and being taken out. Hoping for a better experience in Philly on August 1st.

PS- Exit Music, 2+2=5, and Optimistic were the highlights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Plus there were lots of bro’s dancing like they were at a Seaside Heights night spot.
    Yes...this. I think thats b/c we got the more casual fan on the whole bc it was Sat night. Think about how many dumb "I LOVE YOU THOOOOOM" screams we got also. And people cheering the MOMENT there's silence or a really quiet lull....regardless of the song. If you're an actual fan of this band. you know those types of reactions are the exact opposite of the what the band has always cultivated.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Solid show at MSG last night. Thom’s voice is absolutely incredible. I wasn’t thrilled with the setlist though. No representation from Amnesiac (how is that possible) and a bit too much In Rainbows/King Of Limbs. Plus there were lots of bro’s dancing like they were at a Seaside Heights night spot. Strange vibes too; tons of people falling down like zombies and being taken out. Hoping for a better experience in Philly on August 1st.

PS- Exit Music, 2+2=5, and Optimistic were the highlights.
    '

friday was the MSG night to see, apparently. it was the only setlist of the four NYC shows i was wowed by.

they DO tend to ignore amnesiac more than most of their material, which is baffling considering the equal representation from most other records. saw them for the first time in 2016 and they didn't touch the record at ALL.

hint: it's my favorite...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I have some rare Amnesiac/Kid A promo items up on eBay right now. If you're interested, drop me a PM here and I'll give you a better price.

Auction 1
    Auction 2
    Last edited by Baphomette; 07-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    '

friday was the MSG night to see, apparently. it was the only setlist of the four NYC shows i was wowed by.

they DO tend to ignore amnesiac more than most of their material, which is baffling considering the equal representation from most other records. saw them for the first time in 2016 and they didn't touch the record at ALL.

hint: it's my favorite...
    I saw the show on the 11th... it was amazingly great. I made happy sounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a single ticket available for the show at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati next Wednesday. Would anyone be interested in purchasing it? It's Section 139 Row T Seat 1. Got the Ticket from Ticketmaster. Says it will be ready to print/on your phone on the day of the show. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookster426 View Post
    i have a single ticket available for the show at us bank arena in cincinnati next wednesday. Would anyone be interested in purchasing it? It's section 139 row t seat 1. Got the ticket from ticketmaster. Says it will be ready to print/on your phone on the day of the show. If anyone is interested, please pm me.
    pm me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfitchris View Post
    pm me
    Done