Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    So, from what I gather, fans would rather not have any updates from the band unless its new music? Got it, I'll remember that for future reference.
    Yes.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So the big 2019 of new releases so far consists of a Miley Cyrus T shirt and a Woodstock T shirt that looks like a bootleg shirt sold at a flea market......How about to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Woodstock 1994, we get a special Blu ray and 2 CD set consisting of remastered audio and video from the master tape? How about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Fragile, we get a special deluxe edition? What happened to that Bird Box deluxe that was promised 8 months ago? Crickets on all of that but golly gee we have fucking T shirts to celebrate
    Stop taking trents words seriously until the promised physical/digital product is in your hands and your life will be a lot less stressful. It’s helped me BUNCHES.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Atticus and TR are scoring the entire 9-episode first series of HBO Watchmen episodes right now. Hopefully, we're not just talking about some new clips interspersed with old tracks (like Vietnam War, where the music was roughly 25% vintage source stuff, 25% old NIN stuff, 25% Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble, and 25% new TR&AR). I'm hoping it's a full Dragon Tattoo-length (or longer) epic slab of music. Well, it's less than two months away from premiering.

Just. Be. Patient.
    Last edited by botley; 08-13-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Atticus and TR are scoring the entire 9-episode first series of HBO Watchmen episodes right now. Hopefully, we're not just talking about some new clips interspersed with old tracks (like Vietnam War, where the music was roughly 25% vintage source stuff, 25% old NIN stuff, 25% Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble, and 25% new TR&AR). I'm hoping it's a full Dragon Tattoo-length (or longer) epic slab of music. Well, it's less than two months away from premiering.

Just. Be. Patient.
    That's a LOT of content. I would argue that it is better to reuse some stuff than to just make a bunch of filler. Nobody needs 50 original songs for Watchmen. Quality over quantity.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think it's fine to take Trent "seriously" when he says he will do something. It's just that sometimes things change. I think he means what he says, but sometimes it doesn't work out or he changes his mind. Which is fine. The complainers remind me of our kids - it's raining outside, "but you said we were going to go ride bikes!". Yeah, and that was the plan. Sorry. Life.

As an artist, there are all kinds of legit reasons to say, "I am going to release Bird Box Deluxe" and then have a delay. Maybe a suddenly awesome project came up. "Sorry, we aren't going to score that Fincher film about the life of David Bowie (made that up) because I promised I would get Bird Box Deluxe out soon". Don't do that Trent!

When Trent Reznor, or any artist, says "I am going to do X", understand it as a statement of intention. "You are going to get a couple things from NIN this year." That's an intention. Take it seriously. Understand that sometimes it rains. Sometimes life happens. Maybe his kids were struggling through some stuff. Maybe he wasn't feeling it. Maybe an evil witch cast a spell on him and imprisoned him in a dark tower in Bavaria and Mariqueen and Atticus had to go on a quest to find the sword in the stone and rescue their friend. Whatever. Life.

Sure, I wish we had some awesome new album coming out next week. But do I really? The wait makes it better. Dig deeper into what we already have. Have good conversations about it with your friends.

Enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think it's fine to take Trent "seriously" when he says he will do something. It's just that sometimes things change. I think he means what he says, but sometimes it doesn't work out or he changes his mind. Which is fine. The complainers remind me of our kids - it's raining outside, "but you said we were going to go ride bikes!". Yeah, and that was the plan. Sorry. Life.

As an artist, there are all kinds of legit reasons to say, "I am going to release Bird Box Deluxe" and then have a delay. Maybe a suddenly awesome project came up. "Sorry, we aren't going to score that Fincher film about the life of David Bowie (made that up) because I promised I would get Bird Box Deluxe out soon". Don't do that Trent!

When Trent Reznor, or any artist, says "I am going to do X", understand it as a statement of intention. "You are going to get a couple things from NIN this year." That's an intention. Take it seriously. Understand that sometimes it rains. Sometimes life happens. Maybe his kids were struggling through some stuff. Maybe he wasn't feeling it. Maybe an evil witch cast a spell on him and imprisoned him in a dark tower in Bavaria and Mariqueen and Atticus had to go on a quest to find the sword in the stone and rescue their friend. Whatever. Life.

Sure, I wish we had some awesome new album coming out next week. But do I really? The wait makes it better. Dig deeper into what we already have. Have good conversations about it with your friends.

Enjoy the ride.
    First off, this is fantastic and I'm 100% with you.

Trent Reznor owes us NOTHING (not a pun). Aside from creating and releasing music like a normal artist, he's given us unreleased HD concert footage, groundbreaking album artwork that goes beyond what most bands would even think to deliver, a free fucking album, and the morhterfucking ARG.

He owes us nothing.

But.

When he announces something specific with a timeframe (Bird Box Deluxe coming Spring 2019, Tension Blu-ray coming Spring 2014, etc.) and nothing happens, I don't think people should boycott the man, but I completely understand some saltiness and whining, and, a heads up would be nice.
    Like @Max said: shit happens. Production delays, new projects, one of his kids gets whooping cough, whatever. A little note saying 'hey, shit happened, this is delayed/this isn't happening anymore' would go so much further with his fanbase than silence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New Woodstock Shirt looks pretty dope, snagged a medium immediately. Is it stone wash though? It looks like a stone wash to me or like some kind of aged-washing technique was applied to the finish shirt which will most certainly add to the 'coolness-factor' of it all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    A little note saying 'hey, shit happened, this is delayed/this isn't happening anymore' would go so much further with his fanbase than silence.
    This. I agree with what others have said. I would be disappointed to hear something is delayed or cancelled, but that is life. However, it seems like such a minor action these days to just tweet out a couple words to let us know what's happening.

Also, don't take this the wrong way... but although artists owe their fans nothing, an artist's fan base is typically directly responsible for supporting artists throughout their career (especially early on). In a time when there is less dependency on labels or third-parties for communication it would just be nice to know what's up. I know that probably sounds snarky, but it really isn't my intention.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    New Woodstock Shirt looks pretty dope, snagged a medium immediately. Is it stone wash though? It looks like a stone wash to me or like some kind of aged-washing technique was applied to the finish shirt which will most certainly add to the 'coolness-factor' of it all.
    I think so. It looks that way. I got the Now I'm Nothing shirt last year that was stone washed and I effing love the feel of the shirts.

I only have like 3 NIN shirts, ironically. So it's nice to have another one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I think so. It looks that way. I got the Now I'm Nothing shirt last year that was stone washed and I effing love the feel of the shirts.

I only have like 3 NIN shirts, ironically. So it's nice to have another one.
    yes, totally agree with you. I have that shirt as well and am really digging the vintage-style look and soft super-comfy feel that 'stone-washing' effect adds to the shirt. I was only able to grab that one in a large though so its alittle big on me being that mediums are more suitable to my frame/build. I was lucky enough to be quick this time and grab a medium as those are usually the sizes that sell out first. I dont see anywhere in the description that the woodstock shirt is a stone wash but in one of the pictures it definitely does have the look of a stone wash and being that this is a throwback/ vintage shirt i think a 'stonewash' effect will add a nice touch to the shirt. Im keeping my figures crossed that it is but it also says that it is dark-grey in color so maybe that could be giving the illusion of the shirt being stonewashed that im seeing in the picture. will have to wait for it to come in the mail. pix to follow

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    My Woodstock t already shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Stop taking trents words seriously until the promised physical/digital product is in your hands and your life will be a lot less stressful. It’s helped me BUNCHES.
    You can take him seriously and then seriously understand that it just won't come in the timeframe cited, for various reasons we don't know. And that's alright.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    My Woodstock t already shipped!

Someone on Reddit already received theirs! God damn that was quick. My tracking says mine should arrive on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    mine's on the way as well. They seem to be using two different images to promote the shirt. The one from the initial announcement and the one currently being used on the homepage looks like it has more of an aged/vintage/stonewash type effect added to it. The one in the clothing section of the store looks more like your standard version in plain dark grey coloring with no extra washing effects added. I'm hoping when it arrives it more resembles the picture on the home page. We'll see...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    This is a large and it fits almost perfectly to my mediumish build. I won’t be putting this in a dryer. Hang dry only. I’ve been buying larges because they shrink in the wash but this fits more like a medium to me, unless I’m just getting fatter. But I’ve lost 6 lbs in the past few weeks soooo idk!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Yeah, no stone wash. Bummer. The shirt is sick though! Glad I got one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wish me luck, just ordered the Woodstock and Used to Stand for Something (AIR FLAG logo!) shirts in L because I'm typically a Medium (5'11", 170lb) and historically the NIN store/tour shirts have run annoyingly small on me. They hug the chest like crazy compared to all other mediums I wear. Ordered a L from another company for another band recently and you would've thought I was wearing a 2XL when I tried it on. T-shirt size variations are extremely frustrating these days, I don't recall it ever being this much of a problem for me before. I can go from looking like it's hugging my entire torso skin-tight to wearing a mumu by going up one size...

I also ordered the NIN Hotline "it won't give up it wants me dead" shirt in a L, really hoping that one pans out. From the sizing research I did I think that's the best bet, but I can never tell anymore. Super pumped for that one! I used to wear the original long sleeve back in the mid-90s in 9th grade and thought it was the coolest thing ever, great idea Levi!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    ... historically the NIN store/tour shirts have run annoyingly small on me. They hug the chest like crazy compared to all other mediums I wear. Ordered a L from another company for another band recently and you would've thought I was wearing a 2XL when I tried it on. T-shirt size variations are extremely frustrating these days, ...
    There NEEDS to be a world wide standard on sizing, it's ALWAYS a gamble. I too have had XXL fit as a M; and a S fit as a M.

I'm placing a hefty clothing order today from NIN.COM and came here to double check the sizing and fit. I think I'll go L for Tee's and XL for hoodies.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    So, from what I gather, fans would rather not have any updates from the band unless its new music? Got it, I'll remember that for future reference.
    I wasn't around anywhere near the beginning as I've mentioned so many times before, and I suppose I just got used to waiting for Nine Inch Nails, which was only 3 years in between The Fragile and With Teeth by the time I became a fan. At the very least, I'd only start getting concerned and worried if the latest release is older than 5 years old. So in this case, with Bad With only being 1 year old, I didn't even think about it at all. If anything, I've just remained pleasantly surprised at getting 3 EPs in the span of a mere 2 years.

And as somebody that kept watching Woodstock 1994 over and over, I'm thankful that an official T-shirt of what's arguably the most epic, legendary and iconic performance that was one of the most immense factors to put Nine Inch Nails on the map in 1994 actually exists. Another bonus is somehow having an extra reason to discuss the performance while telling people to check it out on YouTube.

Crap. I got to remember to get that very T-shirt as well. I appreciate you letting me/us know about it. (I know I could've easily found it on NIN.com, but I just haven't been there in a while.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just curious, how long does it take to ship the items? It has been 6 days since I placed my handsome order and I have a total of zero updates other than confirmation of payment.

FULFILLMENT STATUS:
    UNFULFILLED

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I contacted the store regarding the black Bad Witch t-shirt, the one with the album cover on front. I saw it in the store and went to buy it but now it's not there. Haven't heard anything back from store customer service. ��
    Wait are you the one who was going apeshit on the nin subreddit? Gropercity?
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-28-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I literally had the exact same thought.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Gropercity? What an awful name!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Gropercity? What an awful name!
    Their name wasn't nearly as bad as their god awful attitude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    Wish me luck, just ordered the Woodstock and Used to Stand for Something (AIR FLAG logo!) shirts in L because I'm typically a Medium (5'11", 170lb) and historically the NIN store/tour shirts have run annoyingly small on me. They hug the chest like crazy compared to all other mediums I wear. Ordered a L from another company for another band recently and you would've thought I was wearing a 2XL when I tried it on. T-shirt size variations are extremely frustrating these days, I don't recall it ever being this much of a problem for me before. I can go from looking like it's hugging my entire torso skin-tight to wearing a mumu by going up one size...

I also ordered the NIN Hotline "it won't give up it wants me dead" shirt in a L, really hoping that one pans out. From the sizing research I did I think that's the best bet, but I can never tell anymore. Super pumped for that one! I used to wear the original long sleeve back in the mid-90s in 9th grade and thought it was the coolest thing ever, great idea Levi!
    Guys, it worked! Received the tees the other day (literally never gets old getting packaging with the NIN logo on it) and both of the Larges fit perfectly. I'm 6', 175 for reference. They are pretty much the exact same size as my Vans medium tees. I wish I had figured this out sooner, now I want to buy a whole bunch more in large. Wonder if that code I never used still works...

Sent using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A NIN store sales rep reached out to me recently, via ETS PM, regarding an order I placed. I was asking on this thread what the time to fulfill was as my order had not been fulfilled after a week had passed.

The rep was super cool, fast to respond, apologized for the delay, verified that it had been shipped, and even refunded my shipping costs (to Canada) which was unexpected but welcome of course.

That's some of the best customer service I've ever received, I mean they monitor ETS for unhappy customers?! Who does that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ugh. Heads up Canadians!!! I had to pay $45 duty on my $191 (CAD) purchase. UPS always gets me on duty. FEDEX is usually no problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is it weird that I still haven't received my woodstock tee yet? I preordered it the day it went on sale and received a confirmation email and another email on august 18th stating that my order has been shipped and now it's been radio silence. Still no T-shirt or any emails updates on the status of my order. Who should I contact to fogure out whats going on

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Is it weird that I still haven't received my woodstock tee yet? I preordered it the day it went on sale and received a confirmation email and another email on august 18th stating that my order has been shipped and now it's been radio silence. Still no T-shirt or any emails updates on the status of my order. Who should I contact to fogure out whats going on
    Do you have shipping info? i.e. shipper and tracking info? If so contact them first. If you do not have shipping info contact the NIN store and get that info and track it down with the shipper yourself.