Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not me, I was following the development of the show going back when it was called Montauk and not single actor or actress was hired. Montauk is the name of a town on Long Island where I lived and it has its own local legends surrounding a military base and laboratory... The Montauk Project. This is what the Philadelphia Experiment was inspired by. These legends was something I always wanted to turn into a screenplay since I was young. So when I heard Netflix was making a show called Montauk inspired by these legends, I was super excited for the show and couldn't wait to see it. I can probably find my original social media posts about it. Then the locale and title changed. More info leaked out. I grew even more excited. I had very high expectations by the time the show premiered and it didn't fail. I also enjoyed the second season and can't wait for the third. I think this show is fun and amazing.
    my friend used to have a band called The Montauk Project!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My distaste for season 2 isnt based on high expectations. I just thought it was boring, it had a lot of redundancies, frustrating lack of character development, weird sexual politics which included the strange isolation of all of it's female characters. I felt like the pacing was off, and character choices were hard to buy. The continued victimized state of the missing kid from season one and the continued frantic state of his mother became tiring.

A lot of season twos are bad for the last few years, and I think some of these prestige shows build their first seasons as self contained stories, and in coming up with a sequel they faulter often failing to come up with a proper way to escalate the action or altogether not really having a coherent plan for the shows future.

A recent exception would be Mrs. Maisel. I came to season 2 with very high expectations based on the first season and those were more or less successfully met. That season cleverly deserializes the show, which allowed individual episodes to thrive while larger arcs played out in a secondary sort of way.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not me, I was following the development of the show going back when it was called Montauk and not single actor or actress was hired. Montauk is the name of a town on Long Island where I lived and it has its own local legends surrounding a military base and laboratory... The Montauk Project. This is what the Philadelphia Experiment was inspired by. These legends was something I always wanted to turn into a screenplay since I was young. So when I heard Netflix was making a show called Montauk inspired by these legends, I was super excited for the show and couldn't wait to see it. I can probably find my original social media posts about it. Then the locale and title changed. More info leaked out. I grew even more excited. I had very high expectations by the time the show premiered and it didn't fail. I also enjoyed the second season and can't wait for the third. I think this show is fun and amazing.
    You just blew my mind, being a native Long Islander myself, I rememeber the talk about Montauk as well, so story corroborated a little more . The amount of times I Google earthed Plum Island...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word around the interwebs is that season 4 may begin filming ‘as soon as October’.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word around the interwebs is that season 4 may begin filming ‘as soon as October’.
    they're gonna have to film asap. Will isn't getting any younger.
    YjNmZjg5YjcwYSMvSnZrM0FUM010MGo1ejBPS1M0dFduQTUtVWpBPS8xNngyMjM6MTM0N3g4NTcvODAweDQ1MC9maWx0ZXJz.jpg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No discussion on season 3? I'm letting my Netflix account lapse for a few months, so in the meantime am wondering what everyone's making of the new episodes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    No discussion on season 3? I'm letting my Netflix account lapse for a few months, so in the meantime am wondering what everyone's making of the new episodes.
    Check the Netflix thread.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 09-30-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    People on the internet freak me out... calling this a spoiler. Jesus, if it wasn't clear to you what that ending implied, then I don't know. And hell, this is just a teaser giving away absolutely nothing.

Curious where they will take this for the new season!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just blew through all three seasons this month, having never watched it, great series! I enjoyed all three and thought the series 3 finale was surprisingly poignant.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    None of them are. And with *gestures broadly around him* going on, the filming surely must have stopped and thus delayed. S4 could wind up being a major clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Scripts done. Nine episodes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Season 1, wicked intriguing and punches all the right buttons. Looking forward to whatever may be next!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Just finished watching Season 1, wicked intriguing and punches all the right buttons. Looking forward to whatever may be next!
    Enjoy the ride. I had to pace myself because it is sooo good. Bought the score CDs too. I'd like to re-watch the series over the summer.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Season 2 is ok. Season 3 is great. I think 2 is too samey to 1, so maybe wait a little while before watching?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Season 2 is ok. Season 3 is great. I think 2 is too samey to 1, so maybe wait a little while before watching?
    We are in the middle of S2 now, and while it's still entertaining, it's starting to get a bit too predictable in some aspects. But nothing discouraging enough to warrant giving up just yet!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You're going to run into an awful Eleven-centric episode, but don't fret, as mentioned season 3 is much better!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    You're going to run into an awful Eleven-centric episode, but don't fret, as mentioned season 3 is much better!
    oh, you mean the "chicago" episode? ugh. it's unbearable. and if you skip it, you literally don't miss ANYTHING of importance.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I actually really loved the summer aspect and the mall of season 3. That was a great season.

1 > 3 > 2

They're all good.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-04-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, you mean the "chicago" episode? ugh. it's unbearable. and if you skip it, you literally don't miss ANYTHING of importance.
    Come on, punk Axel was pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    That's not exactly true. There was a bit of info given in the episode that if true would have huge repercussions for Eleven and the future story. I actually enjoyed the episode. It opened up the world a bit. I hope it is something that gets developed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ‘Stranger Things 4’ Heads Back to Filming — Cryptic Set Photo Shared

Maybe this thread should be renamed for season 4?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    “I’ll just say the pandemic definitely massively delayed shooting and therefore the launch of our current Season 4, date still TBD,” Levy explained. “But it impacted very positively by allowing the Duffer brothers, for the first time ever, to write the entire season before we shoot it and to have time to rewrite in a way that they rarely had before so the quality of these screenplays are exceptional, maybe better than ever.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ason-4-scripts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    At this point, I'm fine with it. 2020 and probably the first half of 2021 are a wash. At least they can take their time and make the scripts as good as possible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The cast is going to look like college graduates by the time this comes out, that's the downside. Noah Schnapp is in that silly Sandler Halloween movie Hubie Halloween, and he looks like he should be collecting social security compared to how he looks in season 1 of Stranger Things.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The cast is going to look like college graduates by the time this comes out, that's the downside. Noah Schnapp is in that silly Sandler Halloween movie Hubie Halloween, and he looks like he should be collecting social security compared to how he looks in season 1 of Stranger Things.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's gooooo