Thread: Star Trek - Series and Films

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz-ivan View Post
    idk, the trailer is awful.

I'm not a huge fan of star trek in general, but I've seen most of the movies, even the recent ones have been at least "ok".

I'm totally lost on where they are going with Justin Lin, I don't want to hate on the guy, but I'm not seeing the common ground between Star Trek & the fast & the furious. it just seems like either a bad fit, or a blatant attempt to make a very low brow wizbang action film, as a franchise Star Trek just deserves better.
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm not optimistic about where this series is going, though, and it seems to me that they're reaching a bit with getting Lin involved. I'll reserve full judgement until I see more, though. Hopefully it's not as terrible as the first impression, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    ...I'm not optimistic about where this series is going, though, and it seems to me that they're reaching a bit with getting Lin involved. I'll reserve full judgement until I see more, though. Hopefully it's not as terrible as the first impression, but we'll see.
    They would almost have to put in a concerted effort to make Beyond as bad as or worse than Into Darkness. Star Trek (2009) had some considerable flaws, but was tolerable. Star Trek Into Darkness... man... that movie was just nonstop pissing into the wind. It looks like the writers have mostly changed, so I’m guessing that Beyond has to be an improvement to some degree.