Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1620

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea he is really a creep.

Helps that I cant really stand his entire vibe anyway. makes it easy for me to avoid his videos. He comes across as a petulant child.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sorry to bump without news, but Youtube reminded me today of one of my favorite DM videos, with Martin sadly singing "Surrender" into his makeup mirror backstage:

Last edited by Endlessly; 09-09-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    Sorry to bump without news, but Youtube reminded me today of one of my favorite DM videos, with Martin sadly singing "Surrender" into his makeup mirror backstage:

I want that white Exciter belt!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well… there is news, gahan’s Metallica cover is out in the wild now.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-10-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to Dave for making that song listenable for me again. I've hated it for over 20 years now.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Thanks to Dave for making that song listenable for me again. I've hated it for over 20 years now.
    I’ve never really listened to Metallica so I can’t judge haha.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So those demo clips for the Delta Machine album that were posted on Soundcloud and then deleted, anyone got more info on their origins? Sounds like someone had them for a few years and is trying to sell em on.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Sounds like someone had them for a few years and is trying to sell em on.
    You'd be right.

It's funny how Slow was recorded for SOFAD and they just decide to throw it on Delta Machine lol.

Another random thought. The singles boxsets have been pretty wicked. I am certainly looking forward to Exciter's. I really loved all the remixes off that album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    You'd be right.

It's funny how Slow was recorded for SOFAD and they just decide to throw it on Delta Machine lol.

Another random thought. The singles boxsets have been pretty wicked. I am certainly looking forward to Exciter's. I really loved all the remixes off that album.
    The I Feel Loved remixes are among some of my all-time favorites. Danny Tenaglia/Labor of Love with its My Secret Garden sample is brilliant, though I also adore the relatively obscure Bon Harris + Sean Beavan version. Hopefully one day the latter and all the other promo-only mixes will be rounded up and released in a comprehensive collection…

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    You'd be right.

That’s the first I’ve heard of Slow being for SOFAD. Where did you hear that?

First I’ve heard of these demos as well.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Pretty cool that that last instrumental track shares its title with the Tool song Schism.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Ooh, cool! Could Devotional be far behind?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Nov 24 - new Dave Gahan & Soulsavers cover album out called “Imposter” -

1. The Dark End of the Street – James Carr
    2. Strange Religion – Mark Lanegan
    3. Lilac Wine – Jeff Buckley
    4. I Held My Baby Last Night – Elmore James
    5. A Man Needs a Maid – Neil Young
    6. Metal Heart – Cat Power
    7. Shut Me Down – Roland S Howard
    8. Where My Love Lies Asleep – Gene Clark
    9. Smile – Chaplin
    10. The Desperate Kingdom of Love – PJ Harvey
    11. Always On My Mind – Elvis

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Ooh, cool! Could Devotional be far behind?
    now THAT would be worth the asking price of 101

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    listening to the delta machine demos it occurs to me...

apparently I hate DM's choice of producers.

would love to have an album that sounds like these demos.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Based on Dave's new interview with NME, Depeche Mode is on ice....Possibly forever.....Sounds like he doesn't even keep in touch with Martin and has no idea if Martin is writing songs. Doesn't even sound like hs is committed to doing another record with DM. I think Dave has enough 'fuck you' money to realize he can just do solo stuff and be his own boss rather than continue to be Martin's lapdog

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Based on Dave's new interview with NME, Depeche Mode is on ice....Possibly forever.....Sounds like he doesn't even keep in touch with Martin and has no idea if Martin is writing songs. Doesn't even sound like hs is committed to doing another record with DM. I think Dave has enough 'fuck you' money to realize he can just do solo stuff and be his own boss rather than continue to be Martin's lapdog
    lol, it doesn’t sound like that at all. Here’s an excerpt from the interview you’re referring to:

Telling NME that he “takes nothing for granted”, Gahan admitted that he’s now “definitely got to that point where if I don’t have fun doing it then I’m not going to do it any more,” but that he “certainly wouldn’t rule out” Depeche Mode getting back in the studio sooner rather than later.
    “There’s a tonne of stuff that we’ve done with Depeche Mode that I’m really proud of,” he said. “I think that’s come with time and age. Martin put out a record last yearwhich I really liked. I actually bought a copy because it wouldn’t feel right otherwise. I know he’s been pottering away in his studio as well, so I guess at some point next year we’ll get together. Hopefully at least to just have a chat about what we both feel like we could move forward with.”

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    btw, does anyone know much about the soundtrack Dave made for his son’s movie that has Dave’s wife star in it? It’s called Matilda. Is there anything on the soundtrack we haven’t heard?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    5 years after the last album and he thinks at some point next year they may get together to "chat" about the future of DM. That is not encouraging.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    He can have whatever attitude he wants, the fact is, and plenty of other people I know, continue to buy Martin Gore projects and have zero desire to buy Dave's other projects. He's just not that interesting without Martin and DM.

The Soulsavers are boring AF, That Metallica cover is Boring AF, his solo records are boring AF. His written songs on DM records are just now becoming decent. And by decent I mean If the album is playing through I dont always skip them, but I very rarely seek one of his penned tracks out.

Im curious to see how he handles the Neil cover on the new soul savers album but I have zero expectations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. if DM breaks up I'll be bummed, but ill be ok as long as Martin continues to put out records. Even Martins covers albums are fantastic. I'd kill for a counterfeit 3.

In a perfect world we will get at least 1 more DM record and tour, mostly so I can take my new wife, who loves DM after meeting me and has never had the opportunity to see them perform. I've seen them plenty, so this perfect world request is more for her happiness than mine.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 10-13-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Really? You think all the stuff on Paper Monsters, Hourglass and The Light The Dead See are boring?

TLTDS is flawless IMO.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    "Hourglass" is a bit boring, it has some great tracks, but most of the album puts me to sleep.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Hourglass is a masterpiece and better than any album Depeche Mode has done since Ultra (w the exception of Playing The Angel)

People think Dave needs Martin.....Well Martin needs Alan Wilder just as bad, if not more

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    He can have whatever attitude he wants, the fact is, and plenty of other people I know, continue to buy Martin Gore projects and have zero desire to buy Dave's other projects. He's just not that interesting without Martin and DM.

The Soulsavers are boring AF, That Metallica cover is Boring AF, his solo records are boring AF. His written songs on DM records are just now becoming decent. And by decent I mean If the album is playing through I dont always skip them, but I very rarely seek one of his penned tracks out.

Im curious to see how he handles the Neil cover on the new soul savers album but I have zero expectations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. if DM breaks up I'll be bummed, but ill be ok as long as Martin continues to put out records. Even Martins covers albums are fantastic. I'd kill for a counterfeit 3.

In a perfect world we will get at least 1 more DM record and tour, mostly so I can take my new wife, who loves DM after meeting me and has never had the opportunity to see them perform. I've seen them plenty, so this perfect world request is more for her happiness than mine.

In a perfect world they stop with the box sets and such and finally just do another greatest hits tour to call it a day. It was really disappointing that they did not even consider to do something for 101 at 30 years. They were touring at the time and couldve booked a show and sold it out. They played to about the same amount of people at the 4 LA dates just the year prior so it wouldnt have been a problem in filling the Rose Bowl, especially with another generation of fans that only gets to watch the vhs/dvd of it. Plus tons of international fans wouldve come. We dont really need a new album anyway, but it seems that its the only way theyll get off their asses to perform, and they can just get away with not having new material at this point in their careers anyway.