Page 235 of 527 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,050 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    the hostility comes from old school "industrial" fans, those 45 year old rivetheads who still jack off to their nitzer ebb records, who despise NIN with a passion because technically NIN isnt a sacred "industrial" band like a Front 242 or FLA etc...
    Shouldn't be fans of TG, SPK, Test Dept., early Neubauten etc. mad at those?...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    I meant focusing on the creation of new music and hopefully a tour with it down the line. I'd rather he put all his energy into that. Simply because I feel NIN is still relevant and the last album opened up a whole new world of possibilities and drew a lot of people's attention -- people who'd previously not really even known of NIN. Seeing how this thing evolves is going to be way more interesting than waiting for DVDs of past stuff, etc.
    Wouldn't it be cool if Trent had a major break up with his wife and filed for divorce? It would suck for the kids and the family, but probably would be awesome for the fans. Because you know SINGLE Trent would be tearing the music scene up hard, often and relentlessly.
    Umm... no. They're flat out wrong. NIN is not some commercial garbage fake band like Linkin Park. The only reason NIN is popular is because Trent was a pure musician and had a pop background, which made some of his songs somewhat catchy. That's it. Trent is a REAL artist. Period. His popularity has nothing to do with him selling out or not being true to his art. His popularity just came from him being consistently great. Most of these Skinny Puppy people, including the musicians, are embittered by Trent's success. Indeed, a lot of industrial musicians are. Problem is their music appeals to a very small base; whereas Trent's music appeals to a wide audience. Trent has been nothing but an artist and only gained his status because his tastes tend to appeal to a broader crowd.
    You sound just like ths guy Gandu that we had here a while back

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What if this is actually a cover of Just Do It

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My appreciation of "Right Where It Belongs" has only grown over time. At this point I would say it's in my top 10 favorite NIN songs. It's so beautiful.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You know, a lot have people have said that releasing And All That Could Have Been on bluray would be a waste, but I don't think it would. While obviously AATCHB will never look better, it being on bluray would fix a problem that has always annoyed me: it being on two discs. That part where it splits really kills the mood. Plus, they could always throw in some bonus stuff to fill space, like footage from the Fragility special that was on mtv.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Visually it's kind of pointless, but the audio would sound amazing, and they could definitely throw some bonus footage on there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    "SINGLE" Trent wasn't so single those years...He had Tori Amos and of course that Courtney girl....and apparently he was quite into strippers, especially during his Cleveland era...Howard Stern told the story on how one time he was at a strip club back in the day and at least 4 strippers told him that night they are dating Trent Reznor...our dear boy got around. He just hid it well
    Who isn't into strippers? lol

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Yeah. I mean, even Metallica's Some Kind of Monster was released on Blu-ray and up-scaled to hell.

In other news, I was fooling around with the multitracks of Adam Freeland's "Morning Sun" and noticed an interesting sample at 0:58:

I'm sure it's from the guitar-synth-whatever breakdown at the end of My Violent Heart. Oh, and the track features additional guitars by Jeordie.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    There's something relaxing and reassuring about listening to Terrible Lie whenever I'm inundated with confusion and frustration regarding the toxicity of lies, corruption and hypocrisy on all large and small scales. It just calms me down in a very unexpected way that it hasn't before these days.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    There's something relaxing and reassuring about listening to Terrible Lie whenever I'm inundated with confusion and frustration regarding the toxicity of lies, corruption and hypocrisy on all large and small scales. It just calms me down in a very unexpected way that it hasn't before these days.
    Funny, I was playing 'Terrible Lie' in the car today. Very cathartic. Love every minute of that song.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The instrumental version of Where Is Everybody? sped up 35% sounds kind of awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, I would've lost my shit if I was in the crowd for this...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow the online media is really covering this 'Trent is working on Fight Club Musical' thing. It seems there's several articles about it in the last few hours.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It seems there's several articles about it in the last few hours.
    They're are just a copy of a copy of a...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    They're are just a copy of a copy of a...
    Everything they've said has come before...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    With the solidifying business relationship between Fincher and Reznor, I'm wondering if additional discussions took place to maybe revive the Year Zero mini-series project.
    There are other networks besides HBO.
    You could pitch it to Netflix for example. They've been putting out amazing series lately.
    If Lynch can bring back Twin Peaks, I don't see why Year Zero couldn't be a reality.
    They should write and shoot a pilot. Who knows what will happen after that. I'm sure they could actually use a crowdfunding website to finance the pilot. Fincher and Trent have enough fans out there to make it happen.

I apologize in advance for bringing this old subject back on the table (aka Tapeworm Part 2).
    The whole concept was so fascinating. It would make for great TV as long as the appropriate people are involved.
    Anyhow ..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    With the solidifying business relationship between Fincher and Reznor, I'm wondering if additional discussions took place to maybe revive the Year Zero mini-series project.
    There are other networks besides HBO.
    You could pitch it to Netflix for example. They've been putting out amazing series lately.
    If Lynch can bring back Twin Peaks, I don't see why Year Zero couldn't be a reality.
    They should write and shoot a pilot. Who knows what will happen after that. I'm sure they could actually use a crowdfunding website to finance the pilot. Fincher and Trent have enough fans out there to make it happen.

I apologize in advance for bringing this old subject back on the table (aka Tapeworm Part 2).
    The whole concept was so fascinating. It would make for great TV as long as the appropriate people are involved.
    Anyhow ..
    Dan Knauf, the creator/writer of HBO's "Carnivale" was also working on the show with Trent.
    I'm friends with Mr. Knauf on Facebook, but he's not allowed to comment on anything that he worked on due to legal crap.
    "Carnivale" is one of my favorite shows of all time, so to have him a part of "Year Zero" would have been amazing.
    He's been great to us fans about letting us know what was going to happen on "Carnivale" before it got canceled with only 2 out of the planned 6 seasons shown.
    Marvel wanted to team up to continue the series as a graphic novel, but the cunts at HBO said "No" and would not give Mr. Knauf any of his rights back to finish it.
    So I wouldn't be surprise if HBO has some legal shit keeping "Year Zero" from us.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Dan Knauf, the creator/writer of HBO's "Carnivale" was also working on the show with Trent.
    I'm friends with Mr. Knauf on Facebook, but he's not allowed to comment on anything that he worked on due to legal crap.
    "Carnivale" is one of my favorite shows of all time, so to have him a part of "Year Zero" would have been amazing.
    He's been great to us fans about letting us know what was going to happen on "Carnivale" before it got canceled with only 2 out of the planned 6 seasons shown.
    Marvel wanted to team up to continue the series as a graphic novel, but the cunts at HBO said "No" and would not give Mr. Knauf any of his rights back to finish it.
    So I wouldn't be surprise if HBO has some legal shit keeping "Year Zero" from us.
    I was wondering why the end of that show was so bloody awful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I was wondering why the end of that show was so bloody awful.
    Yeah, there was still like 15 years that had to be covered until the first bomb was dropped.
    Left on such a cliffhanger, but according to Knauf we did see a bit of the ending with what was shown.
    Neither main character was dead.
    Hawkins would take on a Management type roll while Brother Justin survived with the broken anointed blade still lodged close to his heart leaving him in a weakened state.
    Jonesy survives the gunshot and returns to professional baseball, married to Libby.
    Time would have passed, the carnival disbanded.
    Knauf pretty much explained what the ending would be, but he said it's the journey to that point that is more important.
    He said he felt it was like a trilogy of books with each 2 seasons being 1 book.
    So the end of Season 2 was the end of Book 1 and Season would introduce us to new characters.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-15-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    What is your favorite, and your least favorite, interview with Trent (text, audio or video)?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/5NeJwvBu4a/?...nmaandigreznor

It's stuff like this that has rendered so many NIN defectors, most notably Howard Stern. Yoko Ono (pictured here in a Louis Vuitton wetsuit, no less) sure does a fine job of destroying Trent's dark and edgy persona, doesn't she?
    Last edited by nineinchnerd; 07-16-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^i don't think the persona has been dark and edgy since the Downward Spiral personally. I love The Fragile but the persona was insecure, depressed and a bit sad rather than dark and edgy

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/5NeJwvBu4a/?...nmaandigreznor

It's stuff like this that has rendered so many NIN defectors, most notably Howard Stern. Yoko Ono (pictured here in a Louis Vuitton wetsuit, no less) sure does a fine job of destroying Trent's dark and edgy persona, doesn't she?
    Spoiler: You know, that's the only autocorrect I miss from the old ets

And today you've chosen to be racist and probably a bit sexist. Tomorrow I'm guessing you're going to go for some broad eugenics ideas.
    But seriously, you think Trent was dark and edgy? He literally has a song on TDS where he calls out his high school girlfriend by name ffs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yoko Ono (pictured here in a Louis Vuitton wetsuit, no less) sure does a fine job of destroying Trent's dark and edgy persona, doesn't she?
    Calling Mariqueen "Yoko Ono" is such a cheap and childish insult. Yeah, like John Lennon was the only fucking musician to collaborate with his wife.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Spoiler: You know, that's the only autocorrect I miss from the old ets

And today you've chosen to be racist and probably a bit sexist. Tomorrow I'm guessing you're going to go for some broad eugenics ideas.
    But seriously, you think Trent was dark and edgy? He literally has a song on TDS where he calls out his high school girlfriend by name ffs.
    Really? What song is that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^i don't think the persona has been dark and edgy since the Downward Spiral personally. I love The Fragile but the persona was insecure, depressed and a bit sad rather than dark and edgy
    'Insecure, depressed and a bit sad' is now 'Kissing with my girly on the beach in the warm California sunshine!'

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So Trent is not allowed to be an actual human being who can experience the entire spectrum of human emotion?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Really? What song is that?
    ...the becoming. It's a deep cut you probably missed that track

'Insecure, depressed and a bit sad' is now 'Kissing with my girly on the beach in the warm California sunshine!'
    You do know that depression isn't something that is cured by a cuddle right? Like, it's a medical condition?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...the becoming. It's a deep cut you probably missed that track

You do know that depression isn't something that is cured by a cuddle right? Like, it's a medical condition?
    And how do we know 'Annie' is a real person? Michael Jackson used 'Annie' in Smooth Criminal.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)