Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread about Courtney Love on ETS, oh boy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Omfg. She didn't have Kurt murdered. Gtfo with this conspiracy theorist sexist bullshit crap.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    ets, you need to focus.
    what do we know about trent reznor?
    what do we know about courtney love?

the truth should be obvious here.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I agree with @sweeterthan, some of yall need to focus and ACTUALLY think about this for a second. "Info" from someone about as reputable as Rudy Guiliani and some of y'all seem genuinely excited about the prospects of abandoning your favorite band already.
    Totally agree that this is probably some BS, but we also don't want to come across as dismissive hateful dudes who are instantly assuming a woman is full of shit about a man we're fans of. Because of who the two parties are in this case, that may be totally justified, but the important thing is that we listen and process without pretending we have any real idea about what went on during a crazy, debaucherous time.

But as pointed out, it's such a vague allegation that it's not even clear what she's saying, so it's kind of a meaningless statement anyway without details or anyone else to back it up.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    This is drift but I don’t think Courtney was involved in any plot to kill Kurt. I do think a big reason Kurt committed suicide was because of how awful Courtney was (and still is).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

1. She witnessed crew members doing sketchy shit w girls at shows. Thats not on TR. A lot of crew members are wannabe rock stars and do stupid shit. Mike Patton used to tell stories about how skeezy the FNM crew was in the 90s and make fun of them constantly for chasing after groupies
    Sketchy shit between consenting adults is fine, but not with children. I wonder if she is confused between young looking girls and actual 12 year olds. The latter claim would need a lot more evidence. I would like to hear out her proof of confirmed 12 year olds. ��

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Sketchy shit between consenting adults is fine, but not with children. I wonder if she is confused between young looking girls and actual 12 year olds. The latter claim would need a lot more evidence. I would like to hear out her proof of confirmed 12 year olds. ��

What I meant was that its not Trent's fault if his crew were doing fucked up things. You have a ton of people on these crews. I can't hold it against the band members if their crew members are depraved assholes unless the band is also participating with the crew in sordid activities like Guns N Roses used to do

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have to say I think you’d have to be a bit bonkers if you WERE a victim to rely on CL backing you up. Personally I think if TR said
    “I give in, we did fuck all those years ago and you were the best fuck I ever had” she’d totally forgive him and throw them under the bus! However that’s no reason they couldn’t go to the press separately

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't hold it against the band members if their crew members are depraved assholes unless the band is also participating with the crew
    Can't you though? It's not like a band is working for the crew. It's the other way around, so if a band is employing an awful and abusive crew, then that's on the band as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well I guess I might hold off on getting that NIN tattoo I’ve been thinking about getting soon. I agree the likelihood is that it’s not legit as Courtney Love is, well, awful. But I don’t want to dismiss anything if the accusations (as vague as they may be) are legit. I still feel a little conflicted right now though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It always feels weird to speculate and nit-pick someone who is submitting an allegation of abuse. Is it weird that the two people she calls out she also heavily dislikes; all the while staying silent on Manson? Sure, absolutely. Her relationships have always been up-and-down but she went through some major trauma and significant drug abuse. There is no good way to approach this because all directions contain bleakness. There are a myriad examples in which to point to, so as to discredit the allegations. But in doing so, it only furthers the trauma people go through in just contemplating coming forward. Let alone, actually bringing yourself to speak up. As a NIN and Trent fan, I'm just going to stay neutral. To do anything else would be disingenuous.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Can't you though? It's not like a band is working for the crew. It's the other way around, so if a band is employing an awful and abusive crew, then that's on the band as far as I'm concerned.

I mean they hire the crew to do a job. Some band members do not even associate with their crew so they probably do not even know what they are up to. If some skeezbag crew member is using his status to pick up girls backstage (legal or underage), I doubt the band members would even know about it unless word got back to them

I know Patton told a story about how one time he walked in on Guns N Roses band members and their crew paying girls to do lesbian acts to eachother backstage while they all cheered the girls on (Axl included) and Patton screamed at them for being degenerate fucks and walked out. I just can't picture mr anti social TR hanging out and partying with crew members in 1994. He probably locked himself backstage in his dressing room immediately after the shows and then got the hell out of the venue

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Well I guess I might hold off on getting that NIN tattoo I’ve been thinking about getting soon. I agree the likelihood is that it’s not legit as Courtney Love is, well, awful. But I don’t want to dismiss anything if the accusations (as vague as they may be) are legit. I still feel a little conflicted right now though.
    I've got 2, so i'm a little anxious. If it was anyone else but Courtney I would be SUPER out of my mind, i'm running out of musical heros.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I don't doubt there was debauchery, but I really need the other members of Hole to come forward before I start taking any of this seriously.

People have said above what needed to be said. I'm always ready to believe anyone who comes forward with sexual assault claims. But her history speaks for itself, and I wouldn't trust her to tell me the time of day accurately. She's simply no more credible than Brian fucking Warner in my eyes.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 06-14-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: dept. of redundancy dept.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I mean they hire the crew to do a job. Some band members do not even associate with their crew so they probably do not even know what they are up to. If some skeezbag crew member is using his status to pick up girls backstage (legal or underage), I doubt the band members would even know about it unless word got back to them
    Yeah, I suppose you're right. I like to think that the band has a little more oversight in that regard, but considering how much is happening on a tour I could see it slipping through the cracks for sure.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    If you're going to insinuate this sort of shit, you really need to be a bit more specific and clear with your allegations. This is almost like she wrote a poem or something. I have no idea what she's specifically alleging.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    We will see how this plays out, but if you're going to allege these sorts of things, can you do it professionally? 56-years-old and posting like that? But if this is just Trent living rent-free in her head for decades... yeesh. I can admit to doing a lot of dumb shit in my younger days, but it was never to a crazy degree. The me of, say, 2004 is far different from today. The line begins to blur (sorry) with Manson years ago, while you can see 90's NIN TR and family man TR as two different people.

It does feel of a red flag to see her also go after Grohl immediately. Just outta nowhere. It feels like the quarterback who pines for the days of high school from thirty years ago.

Can I be a dick and say that she's seen bigger systematic abuse of kids when she was doing heroin while pregnant?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    if her claims were even remotely legit why would she delete?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Lol what a big dummy that person is. Good riddance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "I'm sorry for doing this, even though I totally meant it. I also have now given people against #metoo and cancel culture fuel, and possibly made it harder for some victims to come forward. [15 emojis] Also, fuck Dave Grohl..."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Honestly what the hell set her off in the first place? It seems kinda random?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Drugs, alcohol and jealousy?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    She’s a terrible person inside and out.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Sometimes when you’re shitfaced you shouldn’t play around with your phone

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well, that was all rather pointless and unpleasant.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Honestly what the hell set her off in the first place? It seems kinda random?
    i feel like she’s reading the comments. specifically mine. last week i commented on a consequence of sound post about her. it was a reply to someone saying she doesn’t even write her own songs. i agreed with them and relayed a story about her appearing on a local radio show. her and a dj spent the program writing a song together. she said multiple times that she would credit him on her record. of course when it came out, his credit was no where to be found. her manager made up some story that he actually wrote the song with her. even tho a couple thousand people heard this play out live on the radio. anyway not to center myself here but my facebook profile has a big fat nin logo on it. i know it sounds dumb but when i read her saying something about “try to discredit me” i was like eh, maybe? she probably didn’t read my comment at all and there’s no way to know but the timing sure is funny.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Well that deescalated quickly.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Well that deescalated quickly.
    probably because a team of lawyers just woke her out of a heroin haze

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    She worked with him in 2018 and has said nothing about all the allegations against him. lol at it all.
    Courtney was acting very surprised and indignant in her Instagram comments when her followers asked her about Manson a few months ago. She gave the impression that she didn’t believe the allegations and still supported Manson. Additionally, Manson’s wife and Courtney are still following each other and liking each other’s shit on social media, including Courtney’s most recent post.

This whole thing fucking reeks of Manson’s meddling bullshit. It would be so like him to try and manipulate Courtney’s clear obsession with Trent for his own gain. She has always seemed BIG FUCKING MAD that Trent didn’t return her affections.

Sorry for the conspiracy theory moment here, but this all sets off too many alarm bells for me.

If a woman came forward and said “this happened to ME and Trent was involved” - that’s a totally different story. If that hypothetical woman existed and came forward I would support her and listen. But this? Nah, no way.

I wish her recanting on Instagram stories was a little more fucking specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm glad she took it back, but IMO, one small message in her IG story is NOT enough. The damage has been done, the story has been published in several publications online, and has been circulating all over social media. Many people online have already passed judgement on Trent and will never hear about her recanting it. TR (and Dave) should seriously sue her for libel and/or defamation of character. The kind of shit she just publicly accused him of is the kind of shit you do not fucking kid around about. Those are VERY serious allegations and making false accusations about that sort of thing should have some equally serious consequences.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    probably because a team of lawyers just woke her out of a heroin haze
    Do you think Dave and Trent share a "Courtney" lawyer or are there 2 teams of paralegals monitoring her socials 24/7?