Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I scraped off all the black powder and smoked it. Didn't do shit
    Well, we got confirmation. The black stuff does not lead to euphoria.

On a more "serious" note, I've been speculating, with the whole not having a physical component in my hands thing... What if the black stuff is just activated carbon?
    Charcoal, in essence.

It fits the "organic material" description, and it could even be a reference to Field On Fire. Non-toxic material that makes a mess when you look at it wrong.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Cool! Did not know that. I don't use Apple Music or iTunes. Cool to know.
    Nobody does lol, even Trent stopped selling M4A. Lyrics were embedded into MP3, and I was very upset about that, until my local crew trade flac vs mp3. Later, complaining brought a new version with a tagged flac.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still nothing yet, I got it sent to my work address in Spain.... I might contact firebrand

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I brought a sample of the dust to work today to bring to our advanced materials lab with hopes of doing a chemical analysis to find out what it is composed of. In short, since it's not metallic, it can't be performed (here, at least) and that it is basically carbon.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    I brought a sample of the dust to work today to bring to our advanced materials lab with hopes of doing a chemical analysis to find out what it is composed of. In short, since it's not metallic, it can't be performed (here, at least) and that it is basically carbon.
    That's organic makeup.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Still nothing yet, I got it sent to my work address in Spain.... I might contact firebrand
    one of mine turned up, but the 2nd not yet, i'm gonna contact firebrand too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    That's organic makeup.
    Yeah, I saw that earlier, but I was hoping to get a chemical composition breakdown.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    More organic compounds contain carbon than not.

Might not have seen my post in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure that the substance is lake pigment.

When you say it's not metallic do you mean completely or at all? All of the organic pigments I've looked at use metallic salt (which is rendered inert but should still show up in chromatography).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm planning on doing it with "float frames" (i believe someone on here posted a picture of one of the pages in one) that are 8x10 so they're centered with a little bit of glass shown around on each side.
    please post when you do so. I tried with a floating frame I have at home, but the card moved around inside the frame when I tried.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    please post when you do so. I tried with a floating frame I have at home, but the card moved around inside the frame when I tried.
    the ones i ordered come with double-sided tape to hold them in place between the glass. i would try some double-sided tape which you can get at any drugstore, i believe. but i'll still post when i get them up. frames are supposed to come on wednesday.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the ones i ordered come with double-sided tape to hold them in place between the glass. i would try some double-sided tape which you can get at any drugstore, i believe. but i'll still post when i get them up. frames are supposed to come on wednesday.
    You could also just take some paper and fold it a bunch of times and put a piece on each corner to push against the glass too. I don't have my component yet (fuck) but I would imagine the powder would make it hard for tape to stick?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    *All* organic compounds contain carbon. That's what makes them organic compounds - if we're using the term in the chemical sense, anyway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Might not have seen my post in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure that the substance is lake pigment.

When you say it's not metallic do you mean completely or at all? All of the organic pigments I've looked at use metallic salt (which is rendered inert but should still show up in chromatography).
    I knew it had carbon, but I was hoping to get a breakdown of everything in it. I'm not a materials guy, just an engineer.

What I meant by metallic was that in order for the equipment to perform the test, it had to not be in powder form. For example, it can take a sample piece of brass and tell you that it is 90% copper and 10% zinc. That's what I was hoping to get. Was the dust 80% carbon, 5% something else, 15% something else?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really wanted it to be cocoa powder.

Wondering how the vinyl package will differ from the physical component.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Received in FL this pas weekend. Had ordered with the TF1 and NTAE vinyl...but got here by itself. Not opening yet until I have to clean the house anyways.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    Could this have something to do with Lent? After all, there is ash on one of the cards. Odd that most people got them around the first of March.

there isn't a facepalm meme big/mean/awesome enough to be used for this comment. It doesn't exist. Congrats.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    Could this have something to do with Lent? After all, there is ash on one of the cards. Odd that most people got them around the first of March.
    And The Lord did say "Behold! These are not the actual events."

Trentticus 9:13

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post

Each copy comes soiled and with a can of spray sealant.
    Wanna make a withdrawal?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Wanna make a withdrawal?
    That's not how you say it, it's more like: "Wannah makeh a withradwahhl?"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So... I got a text from my wife that the component arrived today. I was so stoked, but only to come home and find this:

(image)

It's hard to see but my mailman bent the envelope when he shoved it into my mailbox, and now it has a pretty big wrinkle in it. I haven't opened it, but I'd be SHOCKED if the cards don't all have it.
    The mailer envelope doesn't say DO NOT BEND, however, even if it wasn't a collectable item, but I don't know, a nice postcard, a wedding invitation, etc... it would be still shitty.
    Mine was like this. The whole thing had a curve to it that I flattened out before opening it, but only the outer envelope had a crease. Maybe the inner contents are okay like mine were.

Also,
    Spoiler: Couldn't find this mentioned in my quick search. The DW PC page's background design looks like the skin image from TDS artwork. Example:

Last edited by blassster; 03-06-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mine came yesterday, ordered with Deviations and the NTAE vinyl. Gonna dig into it tonight hopefully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Mine was like this. The whole thing had a curve to it that I flattened out before opening it, but only the outer envelope had a crease. Maybe the inner contents are okay like mine were.Also, Spoiler: Couldn't find this mentioned in my quick search. The DW PC page's background design looks like the skin image from TDS artwork. Example:
    The font at the bottom section of your picture looks strangely familiar. Makes me think of the [With_Teeth] era...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    The font at the bottom section of your picture looks strangely familiar. Makes me think of the [With_Teeth] era...
    The busted text reminds me of some of the WT tour posters too. http://68.media.tumblr.com/32530ce26...6nxo6_1280.jpg

All of my pages seem like the least legible versions of each.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also, the background image for the Burning Bright card looks like the right side of the background for The Downward Spiral's cover...can someone superimpose them to prove me right? I may be wrong
    Last edited by Indefinite_Cure; 03-07-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I got my physical component in the mail today, as well as an unrelated blu-ray from a kickstarter I backed over a year ago and nearly forgot about completely! Very good mail day. Now time to clear the table and make a mess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I got my physical component in the mail today, as well as an unrelated blu-ray from a kickstarter I backed over a year ago and nearly forgot about completely! Very good mail day. Now time to clear the table and make a mess.
    Worth the mess. Like very worth the mess

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

this article is from kerrang!
    was hoping to scan it but the printer is still packed after moving apartments

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post

this article is from kerrang!
    was hoping to scan it but the printer is still packed after moving apartments

You should post the scans in nin spotting too.
    Maybe with a spoiler tag. Not sure if we're still worried about spoiling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Been almost 3 months, and I finally realized what Reznor's low vocals in Dear World, remind me of. Kind of reminds of Me, I'm Not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At least it wasn't a glitter bomb.