Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    apparently March of the Pigs is an encore song now? LOLWUT
    That was bananas but it WORKED

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nice to see a second show in a row with Everything being played. Hope it becomes a staple. Also, Love is not Enough returning is an awesome news.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    September's too far away!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    apparently March of the Pigs is an encore song now? LOLWUT
    Also The Frail into LINE is interesting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MotP in the encore. Okay. Maybe they’ll open with HLAH next time? I for one would love that actually.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    These sets are getting weird and it's cool to see. Let's have Gave Up close a show or Hurt mid set. BRING ON THE WEIRD.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    They had a lot of fun with The Frail especially in 2007 and 2009 (a to a lesser extent in 2018). The Frail went into Closer, Reptile, The Good Soldier, The Lovers, Metal, I'm Afraid of Americans... pretty some something else, but very rarely
    I believe it went into Into The Void as well. It'd be nice if that song made a return as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    These sets are getting weird and it's cool to see. Let's have Gave Up close a show or Hurt mid set. BRING ON THE WEIRD.
    I saw Wish close a show once and it wasn’t great, because it felt too much like “ok things are starting to get crazy time!” And then it was over

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Wild ass show altogether!
    it was like they put the discography in a blender to come up with that set list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rail strikes be damned, can’t wait for Tuesday now

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Via Discord

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    La Mer was a real surprise.

Incredible set, incredible show. Trent talking about the rainbow has to be my top 'trent speaks' moment.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Wow, La Mer is back in the setlist....how long has that been?

Honestly love that song, it's one of my favorites and I'm really glad to see it making a reappearance.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Wow, La Mer is back in the setlist....how long has that been?

Honestly love that song, it's one of my favorites and I'm really glad to see it making a reappearance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Last little bit of La Mer. Hopefully a full version makes its way online soon, I'm pumped it's making its return to the set ... these shows keep getting wilder and wilder.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I saw Wish close a show once and it wasn’t great, because it felt too much like “ok things are starting to get crazy time!” And then it was over
    Wish does sort of have an abrupt ending so I see what you mean. I reckon something like Gave Up would work really well as a set closer. I can’t really think of many NIN songs that are a good closer off the top of my head. Head Like A Hole works well. Happiness In Slavey did back in ‘94 but I think that was down to the chaotic destruction noise jam at the end.

Although in the name of weirdness what about ending it with The Background World with all of its noise loop glory!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those two Cornwall setlists are so good! Super exciting to see that Love is Not Enough and La Mer were played. I wish I was in the UK right now!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Wish does sort of have an abrupt ending so I see what you mean.
    It was more that I was just primed for wish to be leading into more stuff and wasn’t sure about the gig duration (it was a co headliner mini festival).

Although in the name of weirdness what about ending it with The Background World with all of its noise loop glory!
    They’ve ended Hurt at both Eden shows (at least) with a long looping piece, I hope it’s been captured nicely by someone, it was actually nice to zone out/into.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can’t really think of many NIN songs that are a good closer off the top of my head.
    I still believe that following While I'm Still Here/Black Noise with Hurt during the Tension tour was a mistake. Black Noise seemed like an awesome closer.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    La Mer was a real surprise.

Incredible set, incredible show. Trent talking about the rainbow has to be my top 'trent speaks' moment.
    i love him for exciting about the rainbow. he’s just like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wish does sort of have an abrupt ending so I see what you mean. I reckon something like Gave Up would work really well as a set closer. I can’t really think of many NIN songs that are a good closer off the top of my head. Head Like A Hole works well. Happiness In Slavey did back in ‘94 but I think that was down to the chaotic destruction noise jam at the end.

I still think In This Twilight from the LITS tour was the best closer. Everybody fading out one by one and waving goodbye was such a great way to end it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    I still think In This Twilight from the LITS tour was the best closer. Everybody fading out one by one and waving goodbye was such a great way to end it.
    100%. I don't know why they stopped doing that (or playing that song at all, for they matter) after that tour. Hurt doesn't HAVE to be the last song every night!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Feels like a good time to unearth this classic
    I've been busy as fuck lately and haven't had much time to check in, but summoning me to this thread has informed me of Everything being broken out and fucking Down In It coming back and all I gotta day is fuck YES

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I've been busy as fuck lately and haven't had much time to check in, but summoning me to this thread has informed me of Everything being broken out and fucking Down In It coming back and all I gotta day is fuck YES
    So now you’re up above it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Background World would be an incredible closer.

One might assume that we will hear Joy Division in Manchester and Bowie in Brixton.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    One might assume that we will hear Joy Division in Manchester
    I wonder if they’d do dead souls (obvious choice, did that one time I saw them in MCR) or something else, such as one of the ones they covered at that radio show, or heck any other JD song. Not to be entitled! I’d take them reading the fucking phone book

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wonder if they’d do dead souls (obvious choice, did that one time I saw them in MCR) or something else, such as one of the ones they covered at that radio show, or heck any other JD song. Not to be entitled! I’d take them reading the fucking phone book
    My vote goes to Digital. One of my favourite JD songs and they did it in 2018

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They covered Digital in Berlin 2018, which was unexpected to me. It was like, wait, I know this song... Early JD is also quite difference in sound to Unknown Pleasures and Closer, so it took some time for me to make the connection! :-D

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    What did TR say about the rainbow? And was it before La Mer started or when it concluded?

Really nice to see something pretty happen alongside it since he wrote the song where he intended to kill himself.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    My vote goes to Digital. One of my favourite JD songs and they did it in 2018
    I’d totally missed they covered digital, thanks! Going to have to seek that out. Speaking of missing, I managed to miss you BOTH Eden nights, was really hoping to say hello 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What did TR say about the rainbow? And was it before La Mer started or when it concluded?-“
    It was visible during “la mer” but he commented on the rainbow in “less than” afterwards.

He didn’t say much more than “a fucking rainbow!” In the song, but in “Trent speaks” later he says something about there being two firsts at this show: one, the rainbow, two, I’ll save for you until the recording appears
    Last edited by jmtd; 06-20-2022 at 01:18 AM.