Page 110 of 128 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    McConnell:

There’s Americans, and there’s African Americans. WTF.

#Mitchplease is trending on Twitter

Last edited by allegro; 01-20-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Additional ^^

The HUGE pictorial wave of “I am American” #MitchPlease posts by black people on Twitter has been one of the most uplifting, empowering things I’ve ever seen in my life. Beautiful. I hope it goes on forever.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I can't find the comic two-panel reaction with the guy staring in the first one and walking away in the second saying, "Jesus Christ" but that's what I'm feeling at the moment.

also Democrats, pulling defeat after defeat out of the fucking hat:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Feinstein needs to retire. She’s cuckoo for coconuts.

Bill Kristol is even more cuckoo.

I want Biden to nominate ANITA HILL.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That would be so exciting because you know if it even looked like she would be confirmed that Clarence would be running for the hills.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Considering the 51-50 Dem majority in the Senate rests entirely on absolute fucking fossils like 69,420 year old Leahy & Feinstein not dying, it is of the upmost importance to NOT delay in confirming Biden's pick. Because in the case of Leahy potentially dying, Vermont's governor is a Republican, and would immediately appoint a Republican Senator to his seat, gumming up the works until Leahy's seat opened up again, which will be this November...but serves no good b/c the Dems have a good chance of losing the Senate this November. You could say the same for Bernie as I'm sure some centrists in this thread would love to point out....but of the 3 senators mentioned here...who seems the most likely to drop dead...Leahy, Feinstein or Bernie? The first two looked like they walked off the set of Awakenings half the time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Considering the 51-50 Dem majority in the Senate rests entirely on absolute fucking fossils like 69,420 year old Leahy & Feinstein not dying, it is of the upmost importance to NOT delay in confirming Biden's pick. Because in the case of Leahy potentially dying, Vermont's governor is a Republican, and would immediately appoint a Republican Senator to his seat, gumming up the works until Leahy's seat opened up again, which will be this November...but serves no good b/c the Dems have a good chance of losing the Senate this November. You could say the same for Bernie as I'm sure some centrists in this thread would love to point out....but of the 3 senators mentioned here...who seems the most likely to drop dead...Leahy, Feinstein or Bernie? The first two looked like they walked off the set of Awakenings half the time.
    Their concerns are even more serious than that...Sen Lujan (D-NM) had a stroke last week. I believe he's been released from the hospital following surgery but he's not in Washington. There's no proxy voting in the Senate so it's an even 50-50 if all other senators are present.

Edit: 4-6 weeks https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/02/demo...or-stroke.html
    Last edited by cdm; 02-06-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yet another 'the call is coming from inside the house' article in regards to election fraud.

Trump Aide Matt Mowers Used Parents' Address To Vote Twice

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    follow-up to the last post:

Former Trump aide Mark Meadows removed from North Carolina voter roll

and new news from Florida:

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    So if Lindsay Graham eats ham for Easter isn't it technically cannibalism?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This MTG trial is....something.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Police vids of him driving without a license, the infamous "orgies and key bumps" line and now a loaded gun in an airport. This dude is done. https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/st...gd1PRLngw&s=19

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    boy I hate cryptic tweets like that. I don't see it because I only know the whole loaded gun thing, what are Republicans doing?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    boy I hate cryptic tweets like that. I don't see it because I only know the whole loaded gun thing, what are Republicans doing?
    I'm presuming the tweets are alluding to the fact there seems to be little to no support for Cawthern from the GOP, they're just going to let him keep screwing up.

But, it takes two to tango and the dude...keeps screwing up. It makes sense for the party to cut ties with this one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    As awful as the Republican party is, they are still very likely going to win the House, maybe even the Senate. 2022 could look like 1994 this fall. Biden's shit approval ratings are going to cost his party. People think that if they vote republican gas prices will plummet, Putin will withdraw from the Ukraine, and inflation will be erased.

And then Biden will be a lame-duck for two years while the GOP bides its time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ohio Republican sees pregnancy after rape as an ‘opportunity’
    Ten years after Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, Republicans are still making remarkable comments about pregnancies resulting from rape.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yep, it's an opportunity all right. An opportunity to trap women into bringing unwanted children into this world after being subjected to such a horrific crime. Then those children will grow up resented and unloved, and with a dash of inadequate education, will become another Republican voter!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow. video after video of a man who has no idea except for what words to say to get the vote.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean do you really need to put the party affiliation in this kind of headline? seems par for the course lately.
    Andrew Wilhoite, accused of murdering wife, wins Indiana GOP primary in Clinton Township

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Just... amazing...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    now we need Oz to lose, then Trump's 2 big picks would have lost.

as of now, he has less than a 1% lead.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    now we need Oz to lose, then Trump's 2 big picks would have lost.

as of now, he has less than a 1% lead.
    but he's on tv! (he said sarcastically)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I can't fathom voting for Dr. Oz. But people still voted for that snake oil salesman.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I can't fathom voting for Dr. Oz. But people still voted for that snake oil salesman.
    He’s not FROM Pennsylvania, people aren’t even sure he really LIVES in Pennsylvania.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pe...outputType=amp

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    SORT of 2022 related:

way more 2022 related:

Last edited by allegate; 05-23-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    awesome Justice Dem Jessica Cisneros is down by 75 votes right now w/95% votes in to that piece of shit Henry Cuellar in the Texas 28th Dem Primary. Cuellar is the only pro-life Dem in the House (and has a A rating from the NRA I believe), and recently had his offices raided by the FBI. Don't worry, that didn't stop Pelosi & Clyburn from stumping for him multiple times in person, defending him multiple times in interviews/fielding questions from reporters, and sinking tons of DCCC$ into the race to insure he stays in office. Dem leadership will barely lift a finger to solve the real problems facing this country, or to aggressively fight Republicans, but look at all the effort they give to make sure more progressives don't make it into office. Sickening.

Hopefully Jessica pulls it out. She's a great young candidate who could really speak to a different part of the electorate. I've donated a bunch to her both this time as well as two years ago, so I really want her to pull this out! If not, I hope she runs again in 2024 and take this corrupt disgrace out of office!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The Dems greedily fundraising off of everyone's understandable abortion-rights anxiety as Pelosi and Clyburn go all in to protect anti-choice Cuellar is some low fucking shit, even by their all but nonexistent standards. Clyburn (remember South Carolina in the 2020 primaries when Biden winning and his endorsement equaled "THE ENTIRE BLACK COMMUNITY HAS SPOKEN WE MUST RESPECT THEIR WISHES" in the eyes of so many blue checks?) has interceded in multiple primaries now on behalf of anti-choice incumbents. And despite an admirable showing by Cisneros it's looking like their dirty tricks and dark money may pull through for Cuellar. Just something else to minimize an already depressed Dem voter base.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Never underestimate the Dems ability to willfully and gleefully shoot themselves in the foot.