Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I made a Cleveland refund thread.
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...484#post542484

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I also got stuck with the 120% "refund" of utterly fucking worthless StubHub Fuck You Fun Bucks. So I am resorting to a more drastic measure to get a refund. I'll just copy/paste from the Cleveland shows thread:

So basically if they don't refund me actual money, I am having my bank cancel the charge, and I have all my shit on the record. Fuck them.

I have a backup plan for September 21st, Faith No More's show in Pittsburgh isn't cancelled yet and I can actually get free tickets for that (not with Stub Hub Fuck You Fun Bucks either).
    wonder what fnm is going to do. i got tix to the 9/22 fnm show in kentucky/cincinatti since i would be in ohio anyway for NIN shows 🤔

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    This is not even the first time Delta has fucked over Trent:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    This is not even the first time Delta has fucked over Trent:
    Okay, you win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This just isn't the year for shows. I have tickets for Ministry,KMFDM,and FLA for last June. Got pushed to March,now October. KMFDM dropped off,replaced by Helmet. We'll see what happens. Got tickets to see Korn this Sunday,postponed to Oct. I doubt either show happens. Fuck Covid!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've got a friend who has been doing shows, for money, online, all through this WHOLE shit. He's banking and isn't even having to travel.

I REALLY wish NIN would do something like that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I tend to find the livestream stuff tepid at best but that Bowie tribute they did was so fun and stylish without feeling tacky or overproduced that I don’t see why they couldn’t do something along those lines. This would be the perfect time for a Still 2.0 sort of performance with just Trent at a piano and Atticus doing Atticus things.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    This would be the perfect time for a Still 2.0 sort of performance with just Trent at a piano and Atticus doing Atticus things.
    I second that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    I tend to find the livestream stuff tepid at best but that Bowie tribute they did was so fun and stylish without feeling tacky or overproduced that I don’t see why they couldn’t do something along those lines. This would be the perfect time for a Still 2.0 sort of performance with just Trent at a piano and Atticus doing Atticus things.
    I would be happy with some live performances out of the vault. That unreleased footage from the Self-Destruct Tour or some more of Rob’s stage videos would certainly be welcome at this point.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I would be happy with some live performances out of the vault. That unreleased footage from the Self-Destruct Tour or some more of Rob’s stage videos would certainly be welcome at this point.
    lol right? This would be a GREAT time to release a flood of live archive shows from the vault, soundboard-quality, on their Bandcamp page, for $10-$15 each. I would buy every single one of them..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    This won’t happen, but if Trent wants to prove me wrong, he will easily part me with more of my money

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Pearl Jam has released SBDs of every show from 2000 to now. They started this in 2000. Surprised other bands with rabid followings (hint hint, NIN) have not followed suit. Although Metallica started doing it in 2004 as well and they were clearly influenced by what PJ was doing. Now would be a great time for TR to unload some SBDs or the 950 pro shot videos sitting in the vaults....But I think we will see those drop around the same time the new Cure album drops

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is there a chance NIN will honour the non-refundable festival tickets, should they return to these cities with solo shows 2022/23?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Pearl Jam has released SBDs of every show from 2000 to now. They started this in 2000. Surprised other bands with rabid followings (hint hint, NIN) have not followed suit. Although Metallica started doing it in 2004 as well and they were clearly influenced by what PJ was doing. Now would be a great time for TR to unload some SBDs or the 950 pro shot videos sitting in the vaults....But I think we will see those drop around the same time the new Cure album drops
    Pearl Jam has a "new Grateful Dead" vibe going. Remember when they released the 25 live albums in one day, or whatever it was?
    They're a band who seriously ENCOURAGES bootleggers, and also, wants a plethora of professionally mixed live shows out there for our enjoyment.
    The Black Crowes are similar; i've seen video of one of the Robinson boys physically helping a fan connect an old four track to the soundboard.

I just don't think NIN is that type of band. Even though they aren't as scary and mysterious as they were in 92 or 94, they've still got a LITTLE mystique to maintain.

It'd be nice if they'd do SOMETHING, though, FFS. I've got a feeling that they think this Halsey thing will be enough to tide us all over, though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-24-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think something has to be said for every Pearl Jam show being a vastly unique setlist and experience - it encourages people to buy or seek out 'bootlegs' for shows not even attended. Depeche Mode tried the whole official bootleg thing out for a couple tours, but then stopped. Probably because when you're playing the same set every single night, really only the people at that show are gonna bother getting the recording.

I'm not saying NIN is quite interchangeable with Mode in that scenario, but if you don't count C+B+I tour, most NIN shows do have a ton of crossover.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is there a chance NIN will honour the non-refundable festival tickets, should they return to these cities with solo shows 2022/23?
    Seems highly unlikely. Likely different venues with different promoters. The promoters are still putting on a fest (as of now), even if it's not exactly what you bought tickets for, so no reason to give you your money back. That is what they'll say, that is.

I think it's bullshit and they should refund if a major act drops off. You could try the CC chargeback route but the promoter will probably fight it and point to the purchase terms, at which point the CC may reinstate the charge.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I think something has to be said for every Pearl Jam show being a vastly unique setlist and experience - it encourages people to buy or seek out 'bootlegs' for shows not even attended. Depeche Mode tried the whole official bootleg thing out for a couple tours, but then stopped. Probably because when you're playing the same set every single night, really only the people at that show are gonna bother getting the recording.

I'm not saying NIN is quite interchangeable with Mode in that scenario, but if you don't count C+B+I tour, most NIN shows do have a ton of crossover.

PJ also plays a ton of cover songs live including many covers that they never recorded in the studio so you literally have albums worth of SBD cover songs that are exclusive to live performances. They blasted through 'Rebel, Rebel' at the 2018 Wrigley Field show. 1st and only time they ever played it. I have some of those Depeche live albums from the PTA tour. problem with them is they do the same set every fucking night so it gets redundant

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    PJ also plays a ton of cover songs live including many covers that they never recorded in the studio so you literally have albums worth of SBD cover songs that are exclusive to live performances. They blasted through 'Rebel, Rebel' at the 2018 Wrigley Field show. 1st and only time they ever played it. I have some of those Depeche live albums from the PTA tour. problem with them is they do the same set every fucking night so it gets redundant
    I totally forgot I have a couple of those DM cd's. I got the Coachella one since I was there, and then picked another random show where they did the Sinner in Me rotation instead. I wonder if those things are actually worth anything now haha. Pearl Jam does so much right with live performances and making sure there's great quality recordings after the fact. Maybe it's overkill to a lot of people, but I really wish more non-jam bands used them as a template.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Seems highly unlikely. Likely different venues with different promoters. The promoters are still putting on a fest (as of now), even if it's not exactly what you bought tickets for, so no reason to give you your money back. That is what they'll say, that is.

I think it's bullshit and they should refund if a major act drops off. You could try the CC chargeback route but the promoter will probably fight it and point to the purchase terms, at which point the CC may reinstate the charge.
    The little sentence at the bottom of every line up has been a standard for a long long time. ''lineup subject to change''. Thats been as certain of a thing as death and taxes. Riot couldve been complete assholes and not even let you get a refund for Sunday singles ya know.

This just happened on the Green Day, Weezer tour with Fall Out Boy having to drop off 2 dates cause of covid precautions. The shows still went on, but fans were screaming they got tix just for FOB and demanded refunds. Thats not how it works.
    Last edited by suprefan; 08-25-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just got excited thinking about when new NIN shows finally happen. We thought those debuts of TPD and AATCHB were huge? Imagine what the set lists will be like after all this radio silence.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just got excited thinking about when new NIN shows finally happen. We thought those debuts of TPD and AATCHB were huge? Imagine what the set lists will be like after all this radio silence.
    yeah and suppose NIN was planning to do more of a PJ model, playing different set lists every night. Perhaps CBI was just the beginning of that.

i honestly have a funny feeling that MIGHT be the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, wishing I just kept the extra 20 percent right about now,lol.