Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My Smoke was on point. Didn't spam teleport or his smoke projectile too often except in mid combos. Most of the Smokes I met online did nothing but those two things. Kabal was top tier as well as Kung Lao (Jinsai's Kung Lao was pretty good. When me and him used to play our matches would get intense) so it wasn't a surprise to see both of them online that often. Stryker though, I remember barely running into any Strykers online. As said above, Scorpion was definitely the worst online. There was so many of them and they all did the same shit. Square square square, spear, square square square, ground fire, spear, square square square. Shit got old real fast.

I'm still bummed that Smoke isn't in MKX as he's been my main since the OG MK3 days. It's starting to look like Mileena will be my first main and possibly Sub-Zero being my second main.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Stryker though, I remember barely running into any Strykers online.
    He was more a "Flavor-of-the-Month" when compared to the others that are now Assists. There was a full-screen infinite juggle combo (like Superman from Injustice) that was pretty hard to miss when it happened to you. Probably didn't see many because it took more "skill" compared to the usual suspects.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Studying gameplay videos has made it so I've decided that my main ideas of my main fighters being Erron Black and Shinnok are on point to my previous assumptions. Ermac and Quan-Chi might be viable options as well.

I do better with space pushing characters and distance. I've had and used just about every distance heavy fighter in major gaming franchises for as long as I remember.

Ugh, Midnight tomorrow can't come soon enough. Fuck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tonight's the night guys. Oh and here

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At tonight's midnight launch, there's going to be an MKX tournament. tempted, even though I know I'll get destroyed. If I didn't have to work the next day, I'd go for sure. Contemplating.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've taken two days of holiday time for this. Been with the series since MKII in the arcades, and there are few franchises I love like this one. Good times, bad times, I've stuck with this series through thick and thin and will continue to do so. The MK movie soundtracks introduced me to so many great bands I've since followed for years; KMFDM, Sister Machine Gun, Killing Joke, Chemlab, Type O Negative, Fear Factory to name a few. Some memories, no doubt.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just picked it up for PS4. So far I'm liking it, and there's a lot of single player content to dig through.

EDIT: holy shit re: Cassie Cage's x-ray attack.... wow
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-13-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    there's a lot of single player content to dig through.
    I figured as much but I am sooooo glad to hear it.

I'm going to stream the game on twitch.tv tonight when I get home and have it installed. Probably do a few ladders and some test your luck matches.

Anyone gives a rat's ass I'll give my channel url.

As for MK, I've been around since MK4. I never owned it but a friend had it on PS and I always had to play it when I was able to. Before then and after I played the original arcade trilogy in arcades/bowling alley. My first owned title was Deadly Alliance. Even though that was the first foray into the 3D realm that wasn't 2D I enjoyed it a lot. I never owned Deception and didn't bother with Armageddon or the piece of shit known as MK vs DCU. I traded my launch model Nintendo DS for the 2011 MK title the week it came out. Best decision ever.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-13-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered the standard edition at my local Gamestop. Is anyone else's Gamestop giving the game out early? The manager told me they're giving the game out at 11pm tonight. So I'm pretty stoked about that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered the standard edition at my local Gamestop. Is anyone else's Gamestop giving the game out early? The manager told me they're giving the game out at 11pm tonight. So I'm pretty stoked about that.
    Not here in NC D:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not here in NC D:
    That's pretty weird. Maybe they're giving 'em out early here so everyone gets it at the same time? Can anyone from the West coast confirm if their Gamestop is giving them out early?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's pretty weird. Maybe they're giving 'em out early here so everyone gets it at the same time? Can anyone from the West coast confirm if their Gamestop is giving them out early?
    Could also be giving it to you early at your's because they can't be asked to stay till 12:00?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-13-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My local gamestop is letting pre-orders go at 8pm. I'm in Arizona so I have about an hour before I'll pick up mine. When they told me I could pick up my pre-order at 8pm, I thought "what a random time".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just came back from the party! Small amount of people, maybe 15-20 in total. They had the game up and running on the floor PS4. I played about 8 or 9 matches. played super great! Just waiting on for the game to install on my Xbox One...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I ended up snagging a digital copy. Calling gamestop to no answer wasn't very assuring. All I can do is practice mode, but that's fine.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The Gamestop I went to only had about 7 other people besides me. It was just me, the manager and the other worker for a good hour or so just playing each other on PS4.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Beautiful graphics... Just wow.

The depth in this game is intimidating. There is a lot of new elements to get used to.

Ermac has some serious changed elements for me but in still probably going to main him. Both Dvorrah and Erron Black have proved challenging to adopt, they have serious frame time on their specials. Thats actually a common theme, specials are harder to pull off, but light combos are easier.

It is a much faster game than MK 9 and injustice. Lots of fun.

Tried to hit you guys up but theres all that early stuff to do. I understand, we will get it later.

Also one button fatalities *THUMBS UP*

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I played two Ladders of Traditional variety as Ethreal Mileena and Gunslinger Erron Black.

I underestimated Mileena. I'm so fucking good with her. I might just add her to my list. A vid I made:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gamec...f-f01b3c1f5b39

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think I'm going to try mastering Cassie Cage (Hollywood). Pretty slick moveset.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm glad they made Scorpion's X Ray so easy to block/see coming. I hated when fools spammed that shit randomly on 9.

Been playing Player matches thus far. Fun stuff.

First Brutality and me being a shitheel online with a game DVR

Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-14-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my favorite update so far is the "Quitality"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    my favorite update so far is the "Quitality"
    I loved watching the video for it. haven't experienced it myself yet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So what does the sunlight move for Kotal Kahn do exactly? Been playing as him for a little bit, and I'm not quite sure what some of his moves really do.

Edit :

Nm, I figured it out
    Last edited by Piko; 04-14-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I loved watching the video for it. haven't experienced it myself yet.
    I've been sitting here watching my brother play, and actually, it's getting too common. About 8 people have Quitalitied in the past hour of playing

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've been sitting here watching my brother play, and actually, it's getting too common. About 8 people have Quitalitied in the past hour of playing
    I've got a record of 39/27 and I haven't had a disconnect yet. So seems I've been lucky.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It might be because of the servers being shit right now. I've only gotten to play one full match online and the rest of the time the matches were just disconnected at the character select screen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've come to the conclusion I don't like the X rays all that much. If someone manages to land one, you're fucked, The match turns and you've lost sometimes due to it. None of this "shut up and adapt" shit counts either. I block them about 75% of the time but the one time I don't, I lost since someone panic uses it. Such a cheap tactic. I don't care for it. I usually only use my super bar for meter burn supers.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It might be because of the servers being shit right now. I've only gotten to play one full match online and the rest of the time the matches were just disconnected at the character select screen.
    Servers are definitely janky, and there's bad lag when they do work, but no.... these people were rage quitting.

My biggest complaint so far... Apparently Kung Lao's basic combo doesn't even work. How does that get past QA?

edit: just played my first not-incredibly-laggy online games with @nemesiswontdie . It was actually fun. Maybe I've just been connecting to people with horrifically bad internets all this time.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Played a few matches with Jinsai and I got my ass handed to me. Good games dude.

I do have one major complaint with this game and the rest of the MK series. They seriously need to get rid of using R2 to block and go with holding back to block. MK is the only fighting game series that I know of that still uses a specific button to block. There was a few times I was blocking and I still got hit and I don't want to blame it on lag because there was no lag (on my end at least) when playing with Jinsai. It's either holding R2 giving me troubles or I don't have the hang of this game like I thought I did.

edit: just played my first not-incredibly-laggy online games with @nemesiswontdie . It was actually fun. Maybe I've just been connecting to people with horrifically bad internets all this time.
    It's my Google Fiber internet <3. No such thing as lag for me. Well for the most part anyways.

In other news, a female MMA fighter seems to think that Cassie Cage is modeled after her.

http://kotaku.com/mma-fighter-claims...ium=Socialflow

From what I can see on her Instagram captions, she doesn't seem to thrilled about it, to which I say...really? Really now? You shouldn't complain. If Cassie IS modeled after her, then it's pretty much free advertising for her and I'm pretty sure if anyone else had an MK character modeled after them, they would be fucking ecstatic about it.

Johnny Cage was a Van Damme rip off, Liu Kang is a Bruce Lee rip off, and a lot of other fighting game characters are modeled after way more famous people and none of them ever seemed to have a problem with it. I'm also pretty sure she didn't invent the whole blonde girl chewing bubble gum and taking a lot of selfies thing.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-15-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Good games dude.
    Yeah! Most fun I've had with this game so far without a doubt.

I do have one major complaint with this game and the rest of the MK series. They seriously need to get rid of using R2 to block and go with holding back to block. MK is the only fighting game series that I know of that still uses a specific button to block.
    Well, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Dead or Alive still use a button for block, but it's a more reasonable button... right there in the middle of all the attack buttons. It bugs me with MK, because I can already tell this is going to be the game that breaks the R2 button on at least one of my controllers.

My biggest complaint is fact that my main's primary combo string is flat out broken. Seriously, Kung Lao's basic quick combo does NOT work. At first I thought they had revamped the combo system and made it much more difficult, and then after some googling I realized that nope, it's just that somehow this slipped through the cracks?! That's CRAZY.

Which makes the angry "fuck you" message I got funnier. I'm not being a "cheap little bitch." I'm using the character that is actually broken. Come back after they patch this nonsense and I'll show you "cheap."

There was a few times I was blocking and I still got hit and I don't want to blame it on lag because there was no lag (on my end at least) when playing with Jinsai. It's either holding R2 giving me troubles or I don't have the hang of this game like I thought I did.
    We're both rusty, but yeah, there's some issues with hit boxes and recovery block frames. I hope they're working on it, but more than anything, they need to fix the net code. The games with nemesis were fluid, but we both have fiber optic cable, and my PS4 is hard wired. The game is definitely fun, but there's things that need to be worked out.

and yeah, the MMA fighter has no claim really... look at Law in Tekken.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2015 at 01:58 AM.