Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    it is so not thick. this is exactly what i was talking about -- it's a relatively thin low functioning hoodie. for almost $70.

NOT WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT.
    Woah, they changed materials? Mine was legitimately, for reals a real thick hoodie. How’s the screen printing on this new version?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    it is so not thick. this is exactly what i was talking about -- it's a relatively thin low functioning hoodie. for almost $70.

NOT WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT.
    What’s the product number on the Independent Tag?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    What’s the product number on the Independent Tag?

it has thumb holes. fucking thumb holes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

it has thumb holes. fucking thumb holes.
    Hey, what's wrong with thumb holes? My black NIN hoodie has them and I kinda like it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    they look silly. on me. and are very 1999. to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't use my thumbholes but it's a nice reminder of how awesome 1999 was.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The thumbhole pullover hoodie they also sold at the outlet store or whatever has a better printing job than the thick Manhattan hoodie. The pullover is thin, like a jersey. It has a 'media hole' in the pullover pocket & a pocket inside that, while advertised as a "mp3 player pocket" it's too small to even put my cell phone in. I don't have a giant cell phone, a Galaxy S9. Which is what people listen to music 21 years in the future, their smartphone with a 400gb media card, we don't carry around a second mp3 player from 1999. I guess you might be able to put a single USB flash drive in the pocket.

FWIW any nin.com hoodie (I've bought 2 as of recent, the pullover with the grey NIN logo, and the preorder Manhattan Project, if you're keeping track) costs more than a new Adidas or Nike hoodie ($54 to ship in a bag that will be half ripped open when you get it-speaking from person experience) with lower quality materials/printing. I can't recommend either one for the cost. After spending over $100 on NIN hoodies, I've been cold as shit this winter.

The pullover is 'wearable' but as others have stated, it's not warm & has useless shit that doesn't work or isn't necessary all over it. The screenprint is a good quality, but I can't say the product was well conceived. I wouldn't buy it again if I knew it was this thin, and the inner pocket was so small (it's about the size of a credit card) that it rendered itself and the the media hole useless.

The Manhattan Project hoodie is absolute trash. Local bands have better screen printing on their merch. It just sits in the back of my closet because I'm afraid any heat from my body or washing it will further deteriorate the dogshit ink that they used for the print. It looks tacky. Like spraypaint. The two hoodies are printed in different countries. This one is already starting to crack and fade. I've worn and washed it once. I regret buying it at all.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 02-03-2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more bitching

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    It has a 'media hole' in the pullover pocket & a pocket inside that, while advertised as a "mp3 player pocket" it's too small to even put my cell phone in. I don't have a giant cell phone, a Galaxy S9. Which is what people listen to music 21 years in the future, their smartphone with a 400gb media card, we don't carry around a second mp3 player from 1999. I guess you might be able to put a single USB flash drive in the pocket.
    To be fair, pockets on a normal pair of jeans aren't even deep enough for a lot of cellphones. The iPhone 8+ is 6.2 inches (look like the S9 is 5.8) and stops right at the top double-stitch of a pocket.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    To be fair, pockets on a normal pair of jeans aren't even deep enough for a lot of cellphones. The iPhone 8+ is 6.2 inches (look like the S9 is 5.8) and stops right at the top double-stitch of a pocket.
    That's wonderful, thanks for letting me know. Never owned a pair of jeans, never will, hate how they feel on my human skin. I recommend some nice comfortable slacks with good pockets that your phone won't fall out of.

Also, the size of your jeans pockets doesn't make either hoodie worth the purchase.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Never owned a pair of jeans
    hey look everybody we have a sociopath

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    hey look everybody we have a sociopath
    i mean honestly i can see hannibal lecter saying a more elegant version of this sentence:
    Never owned a pair of jeans, never will, hate how they feel on my human skin.
    just messing with you, @laststepdown

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    okay friends, let's keep it moving

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Speaking of Hoodies, was this one official back in the day?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Speaking of Hoodies, was this one official back in the day?
    I think that one is a bootleg. I've seen some similar to this with added and missing elements.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    I think that one is a bootleg. I've seen some similar to this with added and missing elements.
    Had it for as long as i remember and i've never saw another one since so yeah i think so too but it is really nicely made. Got it around the same time i got a violator sweatshirt. Hard to tell where it comes from (no labels etc)..
    Last edited by Reaps; 02-11-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Had it for as long as i remember and i've never saw another one since so yeah i think so too but it is really nicely made. Got it around the same time i got a violator sweatshirt. Hard to tell where it comes from (no labels etc)..
    I know of two of these. There's a guy out of Japan who has one. It has a red interior and lacks the NIN logo on the sleeve. His has a tag that's cut in half, but lists that it was made in Britain. The other is owned by an American collector (I think) and its basically the same minus the tag.

Yours is different because it does have the NIN logo on the sleeve and the different color interior. Not sure how that design was developed but I thought it would have made a good looking hoodie if it didn't have all the text, just the art and NIN logo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently the NIN store doesn't accept PayPal anymore. There's just Google Pay and credit card left. Or am I missing something?

After all, the NIN store was the reason I got PayPal in the first place.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I bought two different sizes of the women's 2020 tour t-shirt, as I couldn't decide on which size to get. If one of them doesn't fit rather well, I'll just mail it to someone here free of charge. The revenue is all going to a food bank, so I'm good with that.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 05-19-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    get yourself a small, you'll be able to put it in the dryer and still have it fit.

get her a large, same addendum.

as someone who used to wear only small t-shirts and in the last couple years has become only able to wear large & extra-large, i wish i had bought all my shirts bigger. not being able to wear them anymore sucks.
    The thing is, she doesn't want it to fit, she wants it to be... airy, free, not sure what's the right word. Basically anything but a perfect fit, where you can feel it's (slight) pressure on your chest area. Do you think an XL is an overshoot?

(as a reminder she's around 171 cm, 165 lbs, B-cup)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    The thing is, she doesn't want it to fit, she wants it to be... airy, free, not sure what's the right word. Basically anything but a perfect fit, where you can feel it's (slight) pressure on your chest area. Do you think an XL is an overshoot?

(as a reminder she's around 171 cm, 165 lbs, B-cup)
    i think a large will be perfect. my wife is several inches taller with a larger chest and wears larges which are just looser than form-fitting.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Has anyone else noticed that the digital downloads for Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and Waves are all sold out? Seems weird to me, especially considering the vinyl for Bird Box and Bad Witch are both still available. Have any of the digital downloads been sold out like that before?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    i think a large will be perfect. my wife is several inches taller with a larger chest and wears larges which are just looser than form-fitting.
    Thanks, I'll order that one!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the digital downloads for Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and Waves are all sold out? Seems weird to me, especially considering the vinyl for Bird Box and Bad Witch are both still available. Have any of the digital downloads been sold out like that before?
    it seems like they're moving away from hosting digital downloads. maybe that means they'll be implementing a new system or utilizing bandcamp or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we can only hope

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it seems like they're moving away from hosting digital downloads. maybe that means they'll be implementing a new system or utilizing bandcamp or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we can only hope
    Oh, man, Having NIN on Bandcamp would be amazing. NINs methods for delivering downloads have pretty much been dodgy as hell since... what, 2013? No matter which provider they’re using, it seems.

Using Bandcamp would give them total control over the files to upload. They could have every album up there for download after, like, a day’s work. Kinda weird to me that they’re not using it at the moment.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Apparently the NIN store doesn't accept PayPal anymore. There's just Google Pay and credit card left. Or am I missing something?

After all, the NIN store was the reason I got PayPal in the first place.
    Huh. It's weird because they're on Shopify, where Paypal implementation is pretty straightforward.

Shopify's been pushing harder on their own payment system - I wonder if they cut a deal with LiveNation to have a better rate on ShopPay if they dropped Paypal.

Or maybe somebody kicked a plug out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Haha nin.com no longer supporting paypal is what stopped me from drunk buying the 2020 tour shirt/flag and tote last night. Didn't want to pull out my credit card. Oh well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

All the Downloads with vinyl are gone too now...
    Last edited by tricil; 05-20-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Haha nin.com no longer supporting paypal is what stopped me from drunk buying the 2020 tour shirt/flag and tote last night. Didn't want to pull out my credit card. Oh well.
    Yeah, this is what happens when merchants take payment advice from Shopify. You think you'll save money because you're getting a better rate on credit card transactions, but instead you end up losing 20% of your order volume.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    good thing you're not like me; i have my credit card number memorized

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So I’ve been thinking about “What if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?” This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but that’s already put back out by Saul) there’s been some rare and now “out of print” stuff digitally.

Imagine:

- Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, let’s bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you can’t get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe it’s time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I don’t see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DE’s of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.