Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He had that violent party boy reputation back in the Viper Room '90s. Guess he didn't get help back then.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    only if she ever revokes the restraining order
    She can't do that, only a Court / Judge does that. There are time limits on Orders of Protection, and they are extended accordingly. She has requested a temporary order of protection valid until the next hearing, but JD is out of town promoting the "Alice" sequel. JD's friends are claiming this is a scheme in her plans to get a better divorce settlement. This sure makes his published statement make a lot more sense. Dun dun DUN ... Divorce, it's nooooo bueno.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-27-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well no point taking sides, stuff like this can go either way. They both have the potential to be crazy as fuck.

I kind of wish this stuff didn't get so much publicity, it should remain a private matter as far as I'm concerned but that's hollywood/paparazzi culture for you.. hard to avoid.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't buy this domestic abuse thing. I looked at the picture and.... it feels false. She's lying.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't buy this domestic abuse thing. I looked at the picture and.... it feels false. She's lying.
    The cops found no evidence of an assault at the apt. Which is kinda odd that it pops up on Instagram later. These people b crazy. We don't know what's REALLY going on so it's best to just lay low and let this drama play out without our armchair commentary.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-27-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Here's another thing about this domestic abuse announcement that I'm now realizing is odd. Today is the 17th birthday of Lily-Rose Depp. Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis' daughter. Oh, that fuckin' bitch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Everyone, the speculation can end now, thevoid99 looked at the picture and it felt false to him, she is lying. Hopefully he can somehow get in touch with the courts so this matter can be resolved quickly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Sooooo NOBODY remembers 90s Johnny Depp, then?

I'm not saying it did or didn't happen so much as it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Here's another thing about this domestic abuse announcement that I'm now realizing is odd. Today is the 17th birthday of Lily-Rose Depp. Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis' daughter. Oh, that fuckin' bitch.
    How the fuck is this relevant?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    To be fair, it's a personal matter none of us witnessed and a case could easily be made for either side.

The timing really does suck and doesn't do either of them any favors, though. It's hard not to feel bad for the guy who's wife filed for divorce in the scant few days between the death of his mother and his daughter's birthday. Likewise, it's easy to imagine what a stressful time it must have been for him (while on tour and promoting his new movie, too), which could easily play into either of their narratives. And it was obviously superdumb of him to enter into the relationship without a prenuptial agreement given the disparity between their respective wealths, but ultimately says GOOD things about his intentions, at least.

All that said, it's worth mentioning the cops not seeing any bruising, her not pressing charges, the cops leaving frustrated and impotent, her happy-smiley and eventually-retracted Instagram pic from the next day (with her hair potentially obscuring her bruises, fwiw) JUST AS MUCH as it's worth considering his public history of temperamentalism. And if he threw a phone at her face and/or whatever else may or may not have happened then that obviously sucks, but there's definitely lots of hay to be made from her mishandling of everything too, so it's worth keeping that in mind before crucifying the man on hearsay. I'm sure no one's trying to blame the (hypothetical) victim here but he's certainly handled the situation more gracefully in the public eye than she has so far. Then again, I'm just as sure he's one of Hollywood's best paid actors for good reason, too.

Regardless, I really feel like NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES it's ridiculous and borderline criminal to barely be married to someone for a year before taking a run at half of everything they own and their livelihood, and in perpetuity from a father, no less.

Not exactly the classiest move, to say the least.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sooooo NOBODY remembers 90s Johnny Depp, then?

I'm not saying it did or didn't happen so much as it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.
    I remember him being wild on booze and drugs but not beating on women.

I was a domestic relations paralegal for 13 years. Again, the only thing I can say is to advise to stay out of it because it's a divorce and we don't know what happened and we can't project our personal experiences onto other people and we don't know these people except that there's about $400 million and 2 goofy Hollywood people involved.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-29-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Doug Stanhope claims that he and Amy 'Bingo' Bingaman were there the night of the incident and that she's full of shit
    https://twitter.com/DougStanhope/sta...21005905399808
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 05-28-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    A letter from Vanessa Paradis defending Depp: http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depps-...ations-report/

And a message from their daughter: https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/lily...163043301.html

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have you ever been 17 and reacted to your father being accused of domestic abuse? Get back to her in 10 years.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Have you ever been 17 and reacted to your father being accused of domestic abuse? Get back to her in 10 years.
    Are you directing this at me? Why is everyone lately on my fucking ass? What the fuck did I do?

I gave an opinion on what I think and you all jump on me. You know what, fuck you. Fuck all of you. Especially all you elitist asswipes with your stupid facepalm buttons.

Plus, if you think I'm on Depp's side on this. Think again. I've lost respect for him a long time ago. He never should've married that bitch to begin with. He's just an old fart having a mid-life crisis who lost touch on what he had.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    All thevoid99 did was post an article relevant to the story. No need to snap at them for no reason.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Are you directing this at me? Why is everyone lately on my fucking ass? What the fuck did I do?

I gave an opinion on what I think and you all jump on me. You know what, fuck you. Fuck all of you. Especially all you elitist asswipes with your stupid facepalm buttons.

Plus, if you think I'm on Depp's side on this. Think again. I've lost respect for him a long time ago. He never should've married that bitch to begin with. He's just an old fart having a mid-life crisis who lost touch on what he had.
    The testimony (of Paradis and Depp's daughter) could matter because people don't tend to suddenly become abusers, even while drunk or high; they mostly have a history of it, usually somebody else has been abused by them in their past, more often many people. People who don't abuse, they can get drunk or high but they never do that, they don't cross that line.

(I say this as somebody who spent a LOT of time with the Victim's Advocacy Services in the Cook County Courthouse.)

But, again, who knows? What happens now is that Heard has a temp order. No judge ever provides anything more at the prelim hearing (no money, no anger counseling); money is through the divorce proceedings and anger counseling can be ordered if he violates the order. But at the next hearing, he and his attorneys can fight a longer order or they can file for an order against her, who knows. If she really does have "video evidence," she will have to present it or his attorneys will most def start threatening her with slander. This is gonna be messy. He is probably going to offer her money to try to settle this quick. Or, she will drag it out to try to get a full 50% of his assets (California).
    Last edited by allegro; 05-30-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh for the love of god.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Comforting the comfortable.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The shooting death of an endangered lowland gorilla at the Cincinatti Zoo because of some bratty kid is really upsetting.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/30/us/gorilla-shot-harambe/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The shooting death of an endangered lowland gorilla at the Cincinatti Zoo because of some bratty kid is really upsetting.

If the gorilla really wanted to kill he would have done so within seconds before anyone had the time to do anything. A chimp is stronger than a human, imagine what a gorilla can do.

I'm no behaviorist expert but to me, it looks like Harambe was concerned for the kid and that he became agitated over the people shouting at him. I believe he may have wanted to protect the kid from the screaming and gesticulating primates he was seeing.

On the other hand... of course the parents (and others) were upset watching this happen. I think the zookeepers went for the kill because it was the fastest and easiest solution.

What I really want to know is how this kid got in there in the first place.

edit: Jack Hanna says it was okay to kill Harambe. Who are we to argue? http://abcnews.go.com/US/gorilla-sho...ry?id=39478421
    Last edited by marodi; 05-30-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Had to add some good old ETS sarcasim to the post

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

It is?
    I don't think was a choice between risking the kid's life and preserving the animal's life. Human life vs animal life. No debate here.

You can analyze the circumstances of what went wrong all you want but as soon as that kid hit the ground, you have to do whatever is necessary to make ensure that kid is gonna make it out alive.
    Killing the animal was a no-brainer in my opinion.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I would've rather seen them both live and have the parents arrested for negligence!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There are several petitions out there for this crap. A witness said that the kid was constantly trying to get through the railing to get in and saying how he wanted to go in and he got in alright. For the first half of the video, Harambe seemed to be protecting the child. How did no one get the footage of him apparently throwing the kid around like a rag doll? They should have cleared everyone from that area to prevent any kind of agitation towards the animal. I see why what happened had to be done, but I feel there should be some kind of age limit for being in such an area, and more staff to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the first place.

The parent Michelle Gregg posted something on Facebook about how grateful god was there and blah, blah, blah with no mention of Harambe and what happened to such a beautiful animal. And of course, she deleted it moments after. You're standing right next to a Gorilla exhibit, you would think that she would be watching her child at all costs. She should be held responsible for this shit.

Now the black community is even getting involved saying this was an act of white privilege... are you fucking kidding me??? What a shame.