Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Really Super Cool Electronica Thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Only release of theirs I ever got was Orbus Terrarum back in 1995. Always liked it b/c it served a purpose as one of the few ambient albums I've ever owned. So I would use it when studying, needing to zone out, sleep, etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    So I would use it when studying, needing to zone out, sleep, etc.
    I used to use this albums as my "go to sleep" playlist when going to bed. It was a modest challenge to stay awake and listen to album consciously this time around...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Seriously, go check out the Badorb.com - Bless You compilation. So smooth and far-out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Only release of theirs I ever got was Orbus Terrarum back in 1995. Always liked it b/c it served a purpose as one of the few ambient albums I've ever owned. So I would use it when studying, needing to zone out, sleep, etc.
    Also a fan of Orbus Terrarum

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Any thoughts on "The White Room" by The KLF?

I've got the UK vinyl and the Canadian CD (and probably the single most listened to album/CD that I own... and oldest too, terms of I bought it probably in '93/'94 after the cassette I had of it died after buying that in '91).

So yeah, I like it, what about you?

(I prefer the UK vinyl due to the 'o' mixes and that seems to contribute to a better overall flow of the album...)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ Yeah, I'm a KLF fan. I guess the album that does it for me is Chill Out, it's quite wonderful. The chart toppers were great and all but it's the original pure trance versions and the more ambient tunes that I'm drawn to.
    This is a good book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Up-Str...8056817&sr=1-7 if you are interested in how the JAM's / Timelords and KLF came to be, how they made and promoted the music and the scene surrounding them during that time. Contains quite a bit of information on The Orb too.
    Last edited by Camille; 09-09-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    ^^ Yeah, I'm a KLF fan. I guess the album that does it for me is Chill Out, it's quite wonderful.
    For the longest time I thought "Chillout" came out after "The White Room", they just sounded so different... but "Chillout" certainly has its ambient place in my life. Cool about the book, might check that out. Have you read their "2023" or "The KLF: Chaos, Magic and the Band who Burned a Million Pounds" by John Higgs?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I haven't read 2023 but I had a go at Chaos.... I didn't like it. Too much of the author trying to match the KLF's decisions to discordianism and all that stuff. Not for me. I thought it was going to be a music biography.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    I thought it was going to be a music biography.
    Heh, yeah... no.

For me it was weird, I got into The KLF and then I was handed a book by the author that inspired them a year or two later... but it wasn't the book that inspired them (Illuminatus!), so I didn't become aware of their literary history until a few more years... and then I started to laugh a lot. Granted, by that time I was also already into Discordianism and the pieces of the puzzle finally made a picture that made sense to me. Sure, they already had a very profitable career previous to The KLF, but was their trancentral (which I maintain should be spelt TRANCEntral to make the silly joke more apparent, but the S.S.L. can still remain hidden) that kept me around.

Related; I'd really like one of the Cauty riot happy face riot shields... really want one... but they are considered art and the import taxes to Canada on it were going to be almost as much as the item itself... I had to decline. For now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Related; I'd really like one of the Cauty riot happy face riot shields... really want one... but they are considered art and the import taxes to Canada on it were going to be almost as much as the item itself... I had to decline. For now.
    Yes, the riot shields are cool. That's a shame about the taxes you would need to pay. I wonder if them now being made in an open edition will lower used prices (i.e ebay)?
    I've got a couple of signed Cauty prints. I must remember to do something with them.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Now I'm getting into the "Back To Mine" compilations, I have the first 28... but it looks like they've only released 1 more... so I guess I'll have to do something about that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    September 20th was the 20th anniversary of Leftfield's second album Rhythm And Stealth...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Really digging the releases from thestateovcreation

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Techno legend Chris Liebing has been doing super long hard techno sets over Facebook the last two saturdays from his home studio in Frankfurt. He murders it, obviously.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For Bandcamp Friday, I uploaded my lost rave album written back in 2002-2005. The album was about 80% finished when I lost all project files in a hard drive crash. After seeing some of these old tracks pop up on various YouTube channels, I thought, "F--k it!," and decided to share it. I was 18 at the start of writing and had only been messing with music production for about 2 years. Hey, we all start somewhere. I wanted to make a fun and dark rave album inspired by 90s warehouse hardcore breakbeat, techno, industrial, etc. This would have been my first album if the hard drive crash didn't happen. I had to start all the way back at square one in 2006. I wouldn't release my "first official album" until 2009's Lines & Shapes. Wanna hear a young, naive, noob make some rave music?

NEOREV
    TRAVELING AT A HIGH VELOCITY ON A DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY (2002 - 2005)

After nearly 20 years, I think it is time to share my old unreleased and unfinished lost rave album written back in 2002-2005. I had a little following amongst Prodigy fans thanks to having my music on some fan compilation albums created by fan forum communities. I even got radio play in Italy on Radio 101 thanks to my appearance on the Brainkiller Presents Music From The Jilted Generation compilation series in 2003. I dug up the old raw demos and shared them on YouTube. I sadly lost all the project files and sounds in a hard drive crash. Three years of work went poof. Some of my old tracks have popped up on various YouTube channels. So figured it's time to say "What the hell" and share it with the world. At the time, I was a fresh faced, naive teenager, who was still a noob at music production and trying to find my sound. Just some fun rave music and heavy breaks inspired by the 90s warehouse rave scene.

15 tracks + 12 bonus tracks, additional artwork, & text file w/ download link to original raw & unmastered demos

Bandcamp Friday begins (aka Midnight Pacific time / 3AM EST) on February 5th, 2021. It will run for the next 24 hours. During this time, Bandcamp removes their revenue share. And if you buy the album during it, feel good knowing 100% of the sales will go direct to the artist. For the Bandcamp release, I did some EQ work and remastering to give the tracks a little more oomph. But as a bonus, the Bandcamp download will include a TXT file with the bonus items. This TXT file includes a Dropbox link to the untouched original raw MP3 demos so you can hear the album as it was from nearly 20 years ago.

Available Now:
    https://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/tr...tory-2002-2005

Thank you all so much for your support!

Stay safe & stay healthy,
    - NR -

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Chemical Brothers single...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Chemical Brothers' The Darkness That You Fear Record Store Day vinyl release with be backed with the b-side "Work Energy Principle"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The Really Super Cool Electronica Thread

not really sure where to put this?
    so it’s here & in Trip Hop…

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dj-sh...f-endtroducing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 09-05-2021 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I will be binging the Atom™ Audio Archive all week. Hell, it's so massive that it may take me a month.

It's available on both Bandcamp and Spotify:
    https://atomtm.bandcamp.com/
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/2a8N...cf705661a34298