Thread: Random Tech Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone got an iPad that is driving them mad? Everything was fine till I upgraded to ios5, now so many things refuse to work, if you try to scroll down at all on twitter or Facebook or read comments the browser just shuts down. Does ios7 fix things or do they just get worse if anyone has the same problems?

Wondering if I should just get a kindle

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Anyone got an iPad that is driving them mad? Everything was fine till I upgraded to ios5, now so many things refuse to work, if you try to scroll down at all on twitter or Facebook or read comments the browser just shuts down. Does ios7 fix things or do they just get worse if anyone has the same problems?
    Which generation?

Most of my problems with the iPad 1 were apps being shut down because of low memory. In a case like that, upgrading the OS could just make it worse — probably why the iPad 1 wasn't eligible for iOS6 at all. But every iPad since then has had more RAM (1GB for Retina and 512MB for non), and I don't think low memory errors are the biggest problem anymore.

But if you look in Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data and see logs called "LowMemory," check to see if any of those apps are listed with an indication they were shut down.