Page 461 of 528 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 511 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,830 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    What is TR working on today/now? What's next.
    His pectorals, tomorrow is leg day

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i would imagine working their arses off on the Watchmen score but I hope there’s still a bit of time left over for some NIN though, haven’t they said working on different things helps the creative process?
    reminder that this exists : https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUPAZIFZ1M/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i would imagine working their arses off on the Watchmen score but I hope there’s still a bit of time left over for some NIN though, haven’t they said working on different things helps the creative process?
    It's more than likely not happening, but I was hoping for more "Cold Black and Infinite" style shows for 2019 ... but I'm sure they've got a busy schedule that won't involve yet another full blown tour.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    His pectorals, tomorrow is leg day

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It's more than likely not happening, but I was hoping for more "Cold Black and Infinite" style shows for 2019 ... but I'm sure they've got a busy schedule that won't involve yet another full blown tour.
    I think there were plans at one point, maybe Atticus put his foot down, ha ha? But yes, bring TPD and AATCHB to Europe please

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I hope that once Watchmen is done they finally get around to approving the second wave of vinyl reissues.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    reminder that this exists : https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUPAZIFZ1M/
    WOAH. I had not seen that yet. That tiny snippet of music is intense, and I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With Teeth is 14 years old today. Fuck.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I really wish 33 Ghosts had been played live, such a great song
    I'd like to imagine that it would segue perfectly into Over And Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    I can still remember listening to With Teeth on Myspace before it's official release as if it happened yesterday. Upon first listen, it got me very psyched when I listened to All The Love In The World, especially as somebody that kept listening to Into The Void from The Fragile on repeat.

This will never change as well, but I will forever also remember my introduction to With Teeth from the trailer that played Beside You On Time. It gave me chills similar to the chills I got from listening to Eraser and Reptile, which was yet another reason for me to become stoked, as that was before I heard anything from With Teeth aside from The Hand That Feeds. There was also a great sense of relief from also just taking in the fact that Nine Inch Nails was going to live on.

Upon my very first impression of The Collector (Without also hearing it in full.), it also gave me a March Of The Pigs vibe. It was then, that I said to myself (Aside from seeing Closure and And All That Could Have Been. Live.), that I must see NIN live, which I thankfully did on the same exact year.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Sheesh! Takes me back.

I got into the band around 2000 or 2001, so at the time ... four/five years felt like such a long wait even if we had Still in between to keep us fed for "new Nine Inch Nails recordings." I was a junior in high school when With Teeth came out and I remember being on the old Echoing the Sound religiously checking for any new update or bit of images ... especially during the recording sessions with the webcam clips the year prior.

My neighbor up the street from my parent's house was on a LiveJournal blog that posted leaked albums and burned me a copy of the album because she knew I was such a mega fan. I remember people posting about it on EtS that it had leaked (which was I guess in the middle of April that year?), but my parent's still had dial up at the time and I had NO idea how to download leaked albums at the time.

When it was released, I bought the DualDisc version and couldn't stand it after it got scratched up so terrible. I got the album again in a standard CD version, haha.

Lots of great memories for Nine Inch Nails and me in 2005 as it was also the first time I saw them live later that year for the [WITH_TEETH] tour. I still highly adore that record.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 05-03-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'll always adore With Teeth, it's my high school album, there is something special about it for me, it has this comforting yet depressive atmosphere to it. Very vulnerable and raw, yet, still comforting somehow. It feels like an end of a chapter.

The use of piano on theme album always intrigued me, it gives all of the songs its own identity.

At times, it's my favorite.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    We really, really need that essay aTrent-ah was talking about that he’d include in the non-existent expanded edition of WT.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is La Mer really the only track with a name in another language and lyrics in another language ?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I will fess up that I didn't appreciate WT when it came out. I grew up with PHM, Broken, and TDS was probably the most definitive album of my youth. The Fragile was something that was just overwhelming at that stage of my life. I didn't have time for it...I didn't sit down with it like I did the TDS (eventually I did and fell in love with the Fragile). With Teeth was this...he got sober album, which wasn't in line where my life was. I liked it, but it wasn't huge for me. But now it's one of my favs. Along with Year Zero. Both of those have aged so well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The use of piano on theme album always intrigued me, it gives all of the songs its own identity.
    To me the use of piano on With Teeth feels like a natural progression from Still.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Is La Mer really the only track with a name in another language and lyrics in another language ?
    No lyrics, but corona radiata is Latin.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Illum Tangendo is partially in Latin, and the title is too.
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    No lyrics, but corona radiata is Latin.
    Eh, technically it is still English, just used scientifically

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fuck I just noticed a very slight and high-pitched melody in the left speaker in Burning Bright at 2:38 repeating during this whole verse before the following bridge. How did it take so long for me to hear this.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm aware that it's Latin in origin, but English doesn't care and the language uses what it wants. Restaurant is an English word, even though it's just a French loan etc

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm aware that it's Latin in origin, but English doesn't care and the language uses what it wants. Restaurant is an English word, even though it's just a French loan etc
    It’s an ENGLISH word if we changed it to an English form. Restaurant is a good example. Most French is from Latin, too. Until they revised it to make it truly French, e.g. Latin Restaurare became Old French Restorer became French Restaurer became French Restaurant. Corona Radiata has not changed one bit except for the removal of a diacritical mark. It’s INTENTIONALLY Latin because it’s used in a taxonomic and medical context.

Often, medicine uses a Latin or Greek prefix and combines it with (preferably same language) suffix to create an English word for a disease. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medi...ogy#Morphology

This is so nerdy <3
    Last edited by allegro; 05-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Still remember going to the listening party at the Metro in Chicago. Was weird, people standing around in a club listening to an album for the first time. (Except some of us on ETS had already heard leaks by then.)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Anybody else keeping up with The Twilight Zone? The latest episode (Six Degrees of Freedom) ended up reminding me a lot of some of the imagery conjured by YZ (specifically The Warning, Zero Sum), as well as “The Lovers.” I can’t say much without giving away the episode, but you can probably piece it together if (hah, “if”) you’re familiar with the lyrics of those songs.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It seems I can't play HLAH on Spotify... am I the only one having this problem? The rest of PHM plays just fine

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Still remember going to the listening party at the Metro in Chicago. Was weird, people standing around in a club listening to an album for the first time. (Except some of us on ETS had already heard leaks by then.)
    Details? Photos? I'm curious now because I mostly sat the With Teeth era out (in favor of alot of underground rap (Aesop Rock, atmosphere, el-p, ect))

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    It seems I can't play HLAH on Spotify... am I the only one having this problem? The rest of PHM plays just fine
    Search for "Head Like a Hole (Album Version)" or "Head Like a Hole (Remastered)", the rights holders to the two versions may have had to relabel their tracks so they'll be kept separate.

In other streaming-related thoughts, CD3 of the "We're In This Together" single is on Tidal. Hooray, "Complications of the Flesh" and the full-length edit of "The Perfect Drug"!
    Last edited by botley; 05-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    The listening parties were fun. Before they played the album, there was a nin video montage. I might’ve teared up a little watching it. *fangirl*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Watching the Wax Trax documentary. Trent shows up a couple times.

Luc Van Acker comes across pretty cunty especially on the bonus disc.

One thing is for sure—we all get old.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-08-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck I just noticed a very slight and high-pitched melody in the left speaker in Burning Bright at 2:38 repeating during this whole verse before the following bridge. How did it take so long for me to hear this.
    One of my favorite parts of NIN; the small melodies that take forever to finally hear.