Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yyyaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssss

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    NICE! I feel like it'll be a shorter run of shows leading up to a new album in late 2020 (or early 2021) with a full fledged tour in the first half of 2021.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    So over on the nine inch nails fan Facebook page someone posted a copy of the revolver article and it states that they will be touring in 2020 along with a new album!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Anything else of note? I could wait...but I don't want to wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    'soon'

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Members of Cave In, Dillinger Escape Plan, Silvertomb, and Mrs. Smith did a pretty good cover of Wish at Metal Injection's 15th Anniversary party in Brooklyn the other night.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Late fall tour with December 18th, 2020 record release confirmed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a thread for the new ARG yet? I smell a new subsection coming soon...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Is there a thread for the new ARG yet? I smell a new subsection coming soon...
    I'm really curious to see where this goes.
    Personally I don't think Blue Sunday was meant to be sold... But at the same time I remember checking the store's code and they had at least 20 items in their inventory.

User SquirtBox on reddit just posted a slightly better recording of the phone call: https://soundcloud.com/user-967627360/blue-sunday

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The fact that there are people who had no problems dropping 200 dollars for dirt.....Seems more like something the lunatic fringe portion of the Tool fanbase would get into....I honestly believe if Trent sold his bowel movements for 300 dollars, there would be people buying it.....I hope part of the ARG for the people who bought the dirt is a business card to a local psychiatrist in their area

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I hope part of the ARG for the people who bought the dirt is a business card to a local psychiatrist in their area
    I hope it’s an ultra limited edition of the 3 soundtracks on cd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Anything else of note? I could wait...but I don't want to wait.
    personally I think this interview was probably conducted a while back because an actual organiser of Primavera festival said they’d been booked and then pulled out for 2020, so I’m thinking maybe they’ll record new NIN.music still but I’m looking at 2021 for the tour

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I zoomed in and squinted my eyes and now my eyes hurt, but one of the questions says "What might new NIN sound like" and Trent says "I'll give it away. Collaboration" and then he goes on to say how it's the next logical step of "stepping outside their comfort zone" to bring in other musicians they want to work with and see what happens. Says if they like what happens, the world will hear it, if they don't, it's going in the trash and he can say at least he tried" lol... Didn't he learn from Tapeworm? Wonder who they're gonna bring into the studio to collaborate with.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I zoomed in and squinted my eyes and now my eyes hurt, but one of the questions says "What might new NIN sound like" and Trent says "I'll give it away. Collaboration" and then he goes on to say how it's the next logical step of "stepping outside their comfort zone" to bring in other musicians they want to work with and see what happens. Says if they like what happens, the world will hear it, if they don't, it's going in the trash and he can say at least he tried" lol... Didn't he learn from Tapeworm? Wonder who they're gonna bring into the studio to collaborate with.
    The obvious choice would be Peter Murphy, who was listed as being in 'The' Nine Inch Nails for The Manhattan Project.

He's collaborated loads in the past. Mike Garson, Brian Viglione, Adrian Belew. My worry is that they'll replace Trent as vocalist, at which point it sort of ceases to be NIN for me.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just look at Hesitation Marks credits, jeez.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hard to read - but they’re doing the next Fincher film, all acoustic no synths

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And Reznor fucking hates Bird Box wow

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    And Reznor fucking hates Bird Box wow
    Really? What does it say? I haven’t read anything yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Calls the film a turd where everyone halfaased it, says the editor had really bad taste, the film they thought they would be doing wasn’t what happened at all, and they took comfort in the thought no one would watch it (which wasn’t what happened)

Also -they’re out of The Woman in the Window. Had a full “avant-garde” score in place for a film he calls very stylish and unique and almost Lynchian, and then test screenings and stuff came and forced beyond their control (Disney presumably) demanded the film be radically changed, so they’ve amicably split from it, and don’t know how the current cut looks except that they started over and everyone’s very frustrated

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Had a full “avant-garde” score in place for a film he calls very stylish and unique and almost Lynchian
    as in, the full score planned? or already recorded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hard to read - but they’re doing the next Fincher film, all acoustic no synths

Here's the gallery of scans so you can read it much better:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1jLQPZw

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Really great interview. Shame to hear about their experiences with Bird Box and Woman In The Window though. With Disney involved, I highly doubt we'll ever get to hear anything from the latter.

Also, Tapeworm: Part Deux!
    Last edited by BRoswell; 12-20-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if this interview (or any other for that matter) is printed in the same order as it went originally. They're talking about drone, noise, tape degradation, and then there's [obligatory] Old Town Road question comes out of nowhere.
    Last edited by fillow; 12-20-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    as in, the full score planned? or already recorded?
    Recorded and everything

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    Here's the gallery of scans so you can read it much better:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1jLQPZw
    It's missing the end. But thank you.

Great article, clears a lot of things.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder if this interview (of any other for that matter) is printed in the same order as it went originally. They're talking about drone, noise, tape degradation, and then there's [obligatory] Old Town Road question comes out of nowhere.
    I think they were trying to trace the impact that Ghosts had, starting with working with Fincher and leading up to Old Town Road.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They're going back on tour?! Where can I apply to play bass for the band? Only half joking!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Really great interview. Shame to hear about their experiences with Bird Box and Woman In The Window though. With Disney involved, I highly doubt we'll ever get to hear anything from the latter.

Also, Tapeworm: Part Deux!
    i wouldn’t count that out. If it’s good then maybe they’ll (null) want to release it. Remember, Still was rejected themes from One Hour Photo. See also, Bird Box / Null 09 Extended (the title now makes more sense knowing how TR feels about the Final Cut)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Raise your hand if you, too, pulled up Morphine on Spotify.