Thread: Slipknot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Iowa always gets regarded as their best, I find it pretty one dimensional and a bit tiring after the first few songs. .5 was was leaps and bounds beyond anything theyve ever done, if they can build off that the next album will be a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    Iowa always gets regarded as their best, I find it pretty one dimensional and a bit tiring after the first few songs. .5 was was leaps and bounds beyond anything theyve ever done, if they can build off that the next album will be a masterpiece.
    Iowa and the self titled are my two faves. Then .5. Sarcastrophe is probably in my all time top tracks by them with Skin Ticket (flipped the fuck out when they played it in OKC) and Prosthetics. That being said, I can see how some people would feel that way about Iowa.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really could never get into .5 like I did with their past albums.Vol. 3 will always be my favorite; it has so many chilling and focused qualities to it, followed by a haunting ambiance. There are songs like Prelude, Circle and Danger, Keep Away (One of my favorite tracks they have ever done) that brings me back to a time of good memories. Nostalgia plays a part of course, but I find it my favorite for sure. Iowa and S/T are in the same boat for me, but even AHIG had me more intrigued than their last effort.

Saw them live once around the time Sid was in the wheelchair. Mayhem festival maybe? Pretty dam amazing experience from what I remember. Exciting to hear how far they are already on the new stuff!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.