Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...omic-con-2022/

The Walking Dead: The Last Episodes Key Art Revealed at Comic-Con

The last episodes of The Walking Dead are coming to Comic-Con. As the AMC zombie drama heads into Part 3 of its 11th and final season, which airs this October on AMC and AMC+, the cast and creators will take the stage at Hall H to reveal the Walking Dead Season 11C trailer. But before TWD descends upon San Diego for the show's final Comic-Con panel on Friday, July 22, key art from this year's in-person convention offers a sneak peek at The Walking Dead: The Last Episodes. See the Season 11C key art below.

The Walking Dead's final seasonhas taken over the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Hotel, where AMC will transform the Skylight Terrace and Gaslamp ballroom into The Walking Dead Fan Celebration. Taking place on Friday, July 22 at 7:30 pm PT following Hall H panels for Tales of the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead Season 11, AMC describes the ticketed event as "the ultimate fan destination for The Walking Dead."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    No more Rick movies, a Rick and Michonne spin-off next year instead:

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah I just saw that @Erneuert !

AND, it's just the first season.

So, fuck me.

In 2023, we'll have Fear, Isle of the Dead, Tales of the Walking Dead, Daryl show, Rick show.

This is kind of...the absolute direct opposite of the end of TWD?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah I just saw that @Erneuert !

AND, it's just the first season.

So, fuck me.

In 2023, we'll have Fear, Isle of the Dead, Tales of the Walking Dead, Daryl show, Rick show.

This is kind of...the absolute direct opposite of the end of TWD?
    Lol, yep. Show ending my ass.

It means all of the COMIC material will be done. Ending with the Commonwealth. Then a plethora of more stuff.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Are they trying this approach to gain back viewers? It just doesn’t make sense to “end it”

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Are they trying this approach to gain back viewers? It just doesn’t make sense to “end it”
    I really don't know.

But I'll bet the Rick show will be a smash hit, and WILL bring back viewers.

Not to mention, Daryl fans will have a Daryl show, and Negan fans will have a Negan show.
    But yeah. I'd imagine that there will be SOME Walking Dead show, most Sunday nights, for the next three or four years?
    And some nights will have TWO shows, perhaps?

And I'm happy with that.

There's no guarantee that all of these shows will be GOOD.

But I've got high hopes for Tales and ESPECIALLY the Rick show. Daryl and Isle of the Dead are a toss-up. And I worry about fear.

But has anything like this EVER happened: a show "ends," and splits into FIVE OTHER shows?

It seems like they're aiming for a TVU. I mean, I guess Marvel has a TVU, and Star Wars is headed that way, too.

Honestly, I'm happy.
    How in the fuck were they gonna wrap up the entire Rick thing in 3 movies?

And, hey. Maybe fear goes sideways again, but Tales is baddass. Maybe the Daryl show sucks, but Isle of the Dead is stunning.

And, good god: all the fucking crossover potential.

I'm an utter Buffy fanatic. They teased a Giles spinoff called Ripper. They teased a Faith spinoff.
    We didn't get those, but hey! At least we got...wait...a reboot that never aired. :/
    We, the Buffy faithful, got a reunion photo shoot, without Nicholas Brendon.

So yeah. Way too much is better than nothing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I for one probably will not be back for the Rick show. I'm usually a completionist but I just couldn't make it through the most recent TWD season. The only other time I remember giving up on a show so close to the end was that last season of Heroes. Ugh, just a total chore. I don't care anymore and with everything else coming out it feels like bloat. The farther from the graphic novels the worse it becomes and now they're milking the shit out of this. I was pretty strong into FWTD as well until this most recent season but then the sour taste in my mouth from World Beyond made me give that up too. I can't anymore. Frankly I see all the different Walking Dead threads here and wish they'd be condensed into one so I'm not reminded of all the crap they're churning out.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I really don't know.

But I'll bet the Rick show will be a smash hit, and WILL bring back viewers.

Not to mention, Daryl fans will have a Daryl show, and Negan fans will have a Negan show.
    But yeah. I'd imagine that there will be SOME Walking Dead show, most Sunday nights, for the next three or four years?
    And some nights will have TWO shows, perhaps?

And I'm happy with that.

There's no guarantee that all of these shows will be GOOD.

But I've got high hopes for Tales and ESPECIALLY the Rick show. Daryl and Isle of the Dead are a toss-up. And I worry about fear.

But has anything like this EVER happened: a show "ends," and splits into FIVE OTHER shows?

It seems like they're aiming for a TVU. I mean, I guess Marvel has a TVU, and Star Wars is headed that way, too.

Honestly, I'm happy.
    How in the fuck were they gonna wrap up the entire Rick thing in 3 movies?

And, hey. Maybe fear goes sideways again, but Tales is baddass. Maybe the Daryl show sucks, but Isle of the Dead is stunning.

And, good god: all the fucking crossover potential.

I'm an utter Buffy fanatic. They teased a Giles spinoff called Ripper. They teased a Faith spinoff.
    We didn't get those, but hey! At least we got...wait...a reboot that never aired. :/
    We, the Buffy faithful, got a reunion photo shoot, without Nicholas Brendon.

So yeah. Way too much is better than nothing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    I for one probably will not be back for the Rick show. I'm usually a completionist but I just couldn't make it through the most recent TWD season. The only other time I remember giving up on a show so close to the end was that last season of Heroes. Ugh, just a total chore. I don't care anymore and with everything else coming out it feels like bloat. The farther from the graphic novels the worse it becomes and now they're milking the shit out of this. I was pretty strong into FWTD as well until this most recent season but then the sour taste in my mouth from World Beyond made me give that up too. I can't anymore. Frankly I see all the different Walking Dead threads here and wish they'd be condensed into one so I'm not reminded of all the crap they're churning out.
    Wait, you preferred FTWD season FIVE over six and seven?
    Five is the worst season of television I've ever watched.

But yeah, I can understand.

Is it "bloat," as you say? Perhaps. Probably.
    Will all of this impending stuff be good? Almost certainly not.
    But we: my wife, mother and i...we just fucking LOVE this universe.

Also, I'm not into comics. I DID read most of TWD, but jesus: the show IMMEDIATELY diverged from the comic, WILDLY. Daryl's existence, Shane's role, Andrea, Carol, Judith, Lori, Sophia ...obviously I could go on and on.
    The show has NEVER been the comic, at all.

I wasn't even INTO tv until Buffy, and I felt.a deep emptiness when it ended. I STILL feel it, when I think about it.
    So, yeah, this is likely overkill..
    But I'm THRILLED to be able to.continue to see stories from this universe going forward, just as I'd have loved multiple BtVS spinoffs.

Personally, I think the MCU is just about the most mindless, ridiculous.thing I've ever seen in my life, and I'm utterly baffled by its success. (That's not a personal attack, mind you: I've no idea what your opinion is in that department).

The point is, we all have our own shit, that we'd like to see continued.
    Some people wanna see Bug Man and Fling Man run around with their underwear on the outside of their pants. Some can't get enough Dr. Who, or police procedurals, or Star Track.
    My family? I guess we collectively like horror soap operas. (Edit: and Mavericks Basketball)

Does TWD hold a candle to Breaking Bad or Twin Peaks or The Leftovers, or BtVS ? Hell no.

But as far as grim, dark, occasionally sublime, post-apocalypse drama being available on Sunday nights?

Keep me signed up.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-26-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't know there were going to be Buffy spin-offs!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I didn't know there were going to be Buffy spin-offs!
    Here's a bit about Ripper, which, I swear to god, was originally announced as something wildly different than what's in this article: it was SUPPOSED to be about Rupert Giles/Ripper, Ethan Rayne, and the black magic they were into. Then it changed to what's below..Then it never happened.
    https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Ripper#Overview

There was also supposed to be Faith the Vampire Slayer in 03.or 04, a Spike movie, and a show about the potentials called Slayer School.

None of this happened, obviously.

Not to mention the reboot we were promised four years ago.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-02-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Fuck me.

The Walking Dead
    Fear The Walking Dead
    The Walking Dead: World Beyond
    Dead In The Water
    Tales of The Walking Dead
    Isle of The Dead
    Rick & Michonne of The Dead
    Daryl of The Dead

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-melis...ure-interview/

Well, it would now appear that McBride would like to see Carol again in the near future as well. EW spoke to the actress as part of our upcoming Walking Dead Fall TV Preview cover story, and when asked about the possibility of more Peletier, a sly smile crosses McBride's face. "I feel like Carol has more story to tell," she responds before pausing. "I'll leave it at that." Another pause. "I think she's got some more story." Another sly grin.

If Reedus is to be believed, even if they are not sharing a screen right off the bat, the Daryl and Carol story is far from complete. "Their journey's not over," Reedus tells EW. "They will meet down the road. You can pretty much bet all your money. I read all these people whining about it, and I have to just keep my mouth shut, but there will be a lot of foots in a lot of mouths at some point."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    October 3, let’s go!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @ickyvicky @Erneuert @versusreality @thelastdisciple

2 hours at the most?

I'm fucking ready for it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-02-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Goddamn, y'all.

the FINAL trailer.

I know it isn't really the end. We've got Rick and Michonne, Daryl, Negan and Maggie, and THAT'S where we'll likely get the MASSIVE deaths and final reunions and shit.

I've even heard some rumblings that these spinoffs pretty much WERE gonna be the next few seasons, one way or another, and this "ending" has to do with getting streaming rights back to AMC Plus and away from Netflix.
    AMC is only currently allowed to have their OWN flagship show on their OWN streaming service, for a limited time and it goes to netflix.
    It's a bold fucking gamble, but i DO think people will tune in, AT LEAST, for the Rick show.

Still...all these years, with THE Walking Dead. THis is it.

No more trailers.

No more waiting for comic-con.

No more speculating about what will happen next season.

Damn.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I will be doing my typical not being able to stay awake so I'll watch it early Monday morning before work. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    A little slow to start with but was glad to see the Commonwealth woman’s son get taken out by that walker. That little shit killed Rick in the comics.

Curious to see how the fake Stephanie and the bald guy tie into Hornsby.

Also, since Dead City is happening with Negan and Maggie, anyone else get the sinking feeling that his new pregnant wife may not make it? That’ll be something big for he and Maggie to bond over.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Bro I don't think that's REAL, is the thing.

There are whole channels full of overzealous fans who CONSTANTLY make fake trailers, and even use the AMC logo.

I'm not sure what's going in in these people's heads, although the hordes of people who relentlessly harassed the ACTOR who plays Eugene (for "betraying Rick") back in season 8 come to mind.
    He couldn't get these people to understand that " Eugene" wasn't REAL, and finally, deleted his socials.

I mean, yeah, the INFO is real.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Bro I don't think that's REAL, is the thing.

There are whole channels full of overzealous fans who CONSTANTLY make fake trailers, and even use the AMC logo.

I'm not sure what's going in in these people's heads, although the hordes of people who relentlessly harassed the ACTOR who plays Eugene (for "betraying Rick") back in season 8 come to mind.
    He couldn't get these people to understand that " Eugene" wasn't REAL, and finally, deleted his socials.

I mean, yeah, the INFO is real.
    lol, folks got too much time on their hands.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I liked how the new episode got straight back into story. I honestly forgot a lot of stuff!
    Nice to see Negan back taking charge of things.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’m confused. Are we getting episode 19 on Monday? Or do we have to wait until the week after that?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I’m confused. Are we getting episode 19 on Monday? Or do we have to wait until the week after that?
    Dude I'm not 100% sure.

I DO know that NOBODY gets episode 24 early.

Getting 18 with 17 was a AMC plus bonus, right?

So either we get 19 this weekend, and 20 the next, and then they just don't give us 24 early?

OR, are there NO more early episodes?

Also, for the record, those first two episodes were fucking siiiiiiiiiick. SO many great scenes.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of "last chance saloon" epic violence and fucked up walkers.
    Did you see the Freddy Krueger walker?! I mean, it straight up WAS Freddy.

Also, it seems looser than ever, as far as "fuck" and "goddamn" being allowed, which I love.
    That's ONE thing that's always been missing. People in these situations, especially people like Negan and Daryl...yeah. They'd be a lot more liberal with those words, in a fucking goddamn zombie apocalypse.

I thought of you, by the way, @Erneuert , breaking my Texas balls, because Daryl said HAY! HAY! HAY! in, I swear to.god, the most country way he's ever said it in the series.

I can't remember exactly what was going on, but he was down at the bottom of some stairs outside.