Page 420 of 485 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,600 of 14527

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check out Billy Gunn's T-shirt.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They should be handling that stuff though. It would make their independent contractor problems a little less dire if they arranged to hire a travel company like every other publicly traded company does to arrange travel for the people they rely on to make them profitable.
    Yeah, they should. Most jobs will arrange travel and lodging if they have you traveling. Not WWE though. Why they don't unionize is beyond me (other than fear).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Check out Billy Gunn's T-shirt.
    Yeah, he used it a lot during his TNA run with the Voodoo Kin Mafia (God they were awful!)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    From next week's Raw preview. Jesus.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not even trying to hide their pettiness anymore...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Vince has been doing this at the very least ever since Ricky Steamboat, soo... it is what it is.

I have been watching, listening, reading tons of stuff fsince the 80s till the ruthless aggression era (both wwf/e and wcw), and top level wrestling has always been a meat grinder. Even some of the most talented people have been mistreated or mishandled for a plethorra of reasons. Even during the fiercest time of the monday night wars, many top talent have been barking at their respective companies for not utilizing them properly, so instead they jumped ship to their rivals. Why would anyone expect anything different in times like this? I believe every talent knows this before joining WWE, and they a.) hope it will work out for them or b.) are like Nakamura, who wanted to move to the USA to begin with, so even if he is being wasted, he gets good money and regular work in the top flight.

Anyway, I think tag team divisions are a fucking mess, and I have no idea how will they sustain the women's roster, when even the men's have hit some rock bottoms recently. Do any of you even take it seriously? Like, actually have a super favorite tag-team, and jump up and down if they gain or retain a title? To me it's either the same goddamn people fighting for the 1000th time (oh boys, it's the bar vs the usos, can't wait!!!!!!!!), or it's a new, forced tag-team being shoved down on our throat, just to be exploded 3 weeks later.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The women's divisions have lost a ton of momentum since mania. The tag divisions are as good as dead. Two tag divisions with no depth. Raw tag champions, they exist right? They're an afterthought.

You see all these big creative changes (Prichard, Jarrett, etc ), and absolutely nothing has changed.

Television is awful. But they have their money from other things. When Vince goes it'll get better. Problem with that is that could be at least another decade or so.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    None of the Championships mean anything, not even the Universal Championship that's clearly the "top" title.

Also there's too many of them, RAW and Smackdown tag team championships? two sets of Women's Championships? U.S. and Intercontinental?, even the newest Women's Tag Team Championship feels already devalued.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's totally infuriating seeing people talking about AEW's TV deal potentially being damaged because of WWE's low ratings. I stopped watching WWE because I want something else besides this crap. If AEW just gives a shit, i'll watch every episode.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    None of the Championships mean anything, not even the Universal Championship that's clearly the "top" title.

Also there's too many of them, RAW and Smackdown tag team championships? two sets of Women's Championships? U.S. and Intercontinental?, even the newest Women's Tag Team Championship feels already devalued.
    I think there are just enough titles, however NOBODY seems to want to win them. Isn't the idea of a competition to win? It isn't that difficult; everyone should be chasing a championship, which can lead to non-title fueds. Example:
    KO - "Oh, Andrade is in line for an intercontinental title opportunity? I want it, let me fight him for it."
    KO loses. Runs into Aleister backstage. KO mouths off and Black blasts him with a black mass and says he wants Owens next week to teach him a lesson in humility.

Boom. 60 seconds of dialogue on a 2 hour TV program that involves 4 superstars without the tired trope of putting them together in a LOLTAGTEAM match.

Can it really be this difficult?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

I actually enjoyed the Lesnar-era and liked the UC, even though I hated the concept of it. Purely artificial one-up over the WWF title, but when it has a Goldbergs and Lesnars fighting for it, it IS prestigious. The mistake was not pulling the trigger on Roman. Whatever you thoguht about him back then, his push only made sense if he captures the UC and brings it to television every week.

Anyway, does anyone have a recipe about making wrestling on tv highly entertaining in the current PG era? It feels like there is a huge vacuum at the very top, where back in the day we used to have Mr. Mcmahon, Austin, Rock, etc. We have a bunch of athletic wrestlers, but (to me at least) none of them have that... X in them. For months now, the most entertaining people in wrestling for me are Becky, Charlotte, Ronda and Asuka. They are very cool characters who constantly murder eachother. That is fun. You can really love them and you can really hate them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Remember that whole "brand split" thing?
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-stars-raw-wwe
    #stablegenius

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Help us triple H, you're our only hope.

Vince...please...just leave us

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wild Card rule? Stupid as fuck. I don't even try to bash them but these assholes constantly break their own rules and guidelines.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that RAW read as supremely stupid. Glad I didn’t watch.

They’re actually doing a storyline where Vince is up his own ass. How meta. Between this and Sami’s character, it’s 100% clear this company actively hates its fans. It’s super sad because it’s not funny, it isn’t good TV, and worst of all, a whole bunch of talented hard working awesome wrestlers are being wasted.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    these assholes constantly break their own rules and guidelines.
    Icluding the just announced wild card rule, haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Icluding the just announced wild card rule, haha.
    Thats why I said it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If the goal was to make it seem like Vince is losing control, mission accomplished. Seriously. I don't know if this whole thing had the intended result, but last night felt chaotic and predictable at the same time. What a shit show.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Can we have HHH take the Undisputed Era to Raw and overthrow Vince? Like, in kayfabe and for real? With the XFL about to launch, any rational person would want to step aside and hand over control for one of these giant ventures. Hunter is more than ready, and seems more than capable to lead WWE's creative. I sincerely hope this is where it's heading. It's clear VKM has too many irons in the fire between WWE and the XFL.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    McMahon going senile is a storyline i can get behind...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=285649682377565

AJ's face says it all...

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-07-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah it’s time to give up the ghost Vince.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah it’s time to give up the ghost Vince.
    Unrelated, word is getting around that your girl is single and has been since September.

[Dumb And Dumber “So you’re telling me there’s a chance” GIF]

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Unrelated, word is getting around that your girl is single and has been since September.

[Dumb And Dumber “So you’re telling me there’s a chance” GIF]
    Yeah, I kinda inferred it ages ago due to both of them on Lillian's podcast and what they talked about. Shame but I'm not really invested in superstars relationships.

However on that note, I will steal what you said!

Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    AEW/Turner TV deal pretty much a done deal, to be announced next Wednesday. Can't wait to sit in front of my TV Saturday evening at 6:05 again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hahahaha

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, we just did a benefit show for me, it was incredible, we raised a ton of money for my hearing aids, every fan I spoke to said it was one of the greatest shows they'd ever seen.. and a company in Maine (WHO I NEVER WRESTLED FOR) raffled off an autographed poster for me on the same day..

OVERWHELMED with love.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Variety blows Vince, ignoring recent tumbles on the stock market, and a reportedly unhappy roster.

“We’re open for business,” McMahon says when pressed on whether he’d consider selling all or a partial stake in WWE. He declines to elaborate.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hahahahah Vince putting himself over lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I haven't been here in forever.

Hey yo. Around midnight ET (almost) every night we watch old stuff on the Network and yap about it over in the Night Thread at blogofdoom.com

Thought I'd throw out an invite for anyone interested, just need a Disqus account.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-15-2019 at 01:53 PM.