Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New album in August, no title yet. Tickets for this tour on sale Friday at 10am.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Story out now that Chris Fehn is suing the band.

Corey's response:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think we were all told to wait until the truth came out in regards to Joey as well.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    ... and the nine are now six?

Hopefully this is just trash journalism. However, the fact that Corey doesn't say much means he may not be able to legally. No idea what to make of it yet.
    Last edited by katara; 03-14-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Corey's response:

Does that mean Chris isn't in the band anymore?

It would be kind of awkward to still be playing with them if he's filed a lawsuit.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Is it going to mess with the new album, or is it done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    ... and the nine are now six?

Well it is the sixth album ,maybe its part of the concept loll

But seriously though ,i hope its all bullshit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Corey's response:

He is clearly lying. You can tell by the length of his nose...
    Last edited by renton44; 03-14-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Does that mean Chris isn't in the band anymore?

It would be kind of awkward to still be playing with them if he's filed a lawsuit.
    Can't be any more awkward than when Jim was fired from Stone Sour by Corey but stayed in Slipknot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well Chris is officially out the band. Down to 6 now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man these dudes really have not been able to keep it together very well after Paul's passing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa insane.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Corey sounds like the biggest prick in the industry. How many guys has he driven out of Slipknot and Stone Sour by now? He's on Axl Rose and Billy Corgan levels now, Just drive everyone out of the band until you're the only one left
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 03-18-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Corey sounds like the biggest prick in the industry. How many guys has he driven out of Slipknot and Stone Sour by now? He's on Axl Rose and Billy Corgan levels now, Just drive everyone out of the band until you're the only one left
    That official statement the band released reads more like a GOP statement or some shit that a fucking statement from Slipknot. How many people have now been driven from those projects, and every time it's "Oh just wait till the truth comes out". Motherfucker, it is abundantly clear that the TRUTH is that y'all are a bunch of a backstabbing sociopaths who aren't really a family like they project themselves to be.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've always been known to be dysfunctional. But now it's to a point of just firing people. Granted, Chris sued them though. Backed them into a corner. So I can't really blame them. Hope it was worth it and he gets what he feels is owed to him. Still sucks they canned Jordison.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Man with every member lost, I get more and more glad I went through the trouble of getting my trans green vinyl S/T signed by the entire band back in the day!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Feels like it's always something with this band.

I wonder how much Chris contributed to the album before getting kicked out, and if those contributions will actually make it or if Corey and Shawn will have them all cut out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    9 people in a hugely successful rock band. There’s going to be issues like this. As long as the core song writers stick together, the music should be good. And honestly, that’s all I give a shit about.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Man with every member lost, I get more and more glad I went through the trouble of getting my trans green vinyl S/T signed by the entire band back in the day!
    I have a bunch of posters signed by all 9 from around 2004, and even found a couple crazy enough to buy one for $300 each lmao.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I have a bunch of posters signed by all 9 from around 2004, and even found a couple crazy enough to buy one for $300 each lmao.
    All 9 signed my yearbook in 1999 before anybody even knew who the heck they were. Friend some how found out about them and was obsessed with them, and HMV was having a "meet and greet" in town one day. They came touring with Coal Chamber back in '99. I just went to meet my friend at HMV after school for something to do (he skipped school to be first in line lol), but I had no interest in the band at the time, and just so happens we got our year books that day. So I waited with him and figured, why the fuck not... I'll get these clowns to sign my year book, hahaha. Good times.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Josh Rand drove Jim out of Stone Sour. Not Corey.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just hope the albums good

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. While I understand the whole 'we're a family, the maggots' etc. etc. etc. let's just call it for what it is...Slipknot could easily shave like 1-2 more people and it'd sound the same on the stage. When you spend half your time rolling around and beating a keg with a fuckin' bat...come on.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The slipknot subreddit is full of people eviscerating Corey and Clown, and saying they're guilty of this without knowing any of the facts. It's quite ridiculous and hilarious. I too would be pissed if I was wrongfully accused of stealing money if i were in a band like that. Who knows though. We'll probably never know all of the details about this.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    The slipknot subreddit is full of people eviscerating Corey and Clown, and saying they're guilty of this without knowing any of the facts. It's quite ridiculous and hilarious.
    The general consensus seems to be that if the band's not sharing anything, they're probably making money on the side. All we know is what Chris has said. We don't even know if that's true.

For most fans, especially those who've followed this band for 20+ years, it just plain hurts to see them tear each other's throats out. Their logo represents unity, family, and brotherhood. Now that family is falling apart. Nothing about this situation is amicable or professional.

It really, really doesn't help that whoever's running Slipknot's twitter account is behaving so immaturely. "JUST YOU WAIT TIL THE TRUTH COMES OUT". Are you serious? Pointing the finger like that. It's pathetic, and it riles up the fans.

If only they were a little more transparent, things might start to cool down. Right now, with what little information we have, Corey and Shawn look very much in the wrong.

Note that I'm not a member of the subreddit and I'm not trying to defend them. The whole thing (I think) is sad.
    Last edited by katara; 03-19-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Agreed. While I understand the whole 'we're a family, the maggots' etc. etc. etc. let's just call it for what it is...Slipknot could easily shave like 1-2 more people and it'd sound the same on the stage. When you spend half your time rolling around and beating a keg with a fuckin' bat...come on.
    The last show that came to Vancouver, I think it was in 2015 at Rogers arena, there were 2 members that all they did was jump off this higher platform of the stage onto the lower part and just ran around. Occasionally they hit a keg, but the majority of their job was "jumping around" lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The last show that came to Vancouver, I think it was in 2015 at Rogers arena, there were 2 members that all they did was jump off this higher platform of the stage onto the lower part and just ran around. Occasionally they hit a keg, but the majority of their job was "jumping around" lol
    I was there, father in law got me in free...I know for a fact that's what Sid was doing like 75% of the time. My friend who's big in to old school metal (admittedly not a huge fan of newer bands...he's old lol) was like '....and that dude's role in the band is?....'

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The general consensus seems to be that if the band's not sharing anything, they're probably making money on the side. All we know is what Chris has said. We don't even know if that's true.

For most fans, especially those who've followed this band for 20+ years, it just plain hurts to see them tear each other's throats out. Their logo represents unity, family, and brotherhood. Now that family is falling apart. Nothing about this situation is amicable or professional.

It really, really doesn't help that whoever's running Slipknot's twitter account is behaving so immaturely. "JUST YOU WAIT TIL THE TRUTH COMES OUT". Are you serious? Pointing the finger like that. It's pathetic, and it riles up the fans.

If only they were a little more transparent, things might start to cool down. Right now, with what little information we have, Corey and Shawn look very much in the wrong.

Note that I'm not a member of the subreddit and I'm not trying to defend them. The whole thing (I think) is sad.
    Yeah Corey did fan the flames a little bit on twitter. He probably shouldn't have done that. But at the same time, if Chris is falsely accusing Corey and Shawn, they have every right to be furious.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Slipknot has never been a bastion of maturity, to be fair.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post