Page 182 of 215 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 6448

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Just a guess, but the notes that TR sings in the album version are super high for him. He said once that he did tons of takes because he couldn't hit the notes when they were recording it. So if it was already hard for him then, and his voice has gotten deeper since, maybe it's to make that part doable.
    Electric Six does this too (this is my random excuse to bring up E6), it's easier to modify a song live than to blow out your vocal chords trying to hit notes that a 20 year younger version of you had trouble doing

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Just a guess, but the notes that TR sings in the album version are super high for him. He said once that he did tons of takes because he couldn't hit the notes when they were recording it. So if it was already hard for him then, and his voice has gotten deeper since, maybe it's to make that part doable.
    That would've been my guess too (like they do for Last, We're in this Together, and Happiness in Slavery), except TDTWWA live is actually in a higher key than the album version. Crazy, eh?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me more about the 'After All This Time: Live in Santiago" fan edit? I got this the other day with no text file and I remember seeing it when it was released. But back then, data storage wasn't cheap and I was a poor undergrad (some things don't change, eh?) so I had to miss this one.

Any info would be great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That would've been my guess too (like they do for Last, We're in this Together, and Happiness in Slavery), except TDTWWA live is actually in a higher key than the album version. Crazy, eh?
    The single version of the song has an alternate vocal take, it's a really brittle but still high whisper (it's cool), and I always wondered if this is a version he was speaking about in that interview - seems like it would be more challenging for his voice.

When live, he goes loud instead of doing the album version's half whisper, maybe the live style ends up being a little easier with higher notes or just sounds better?
    Last edited by blassster; 02-09-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Oh, that's weird. I have no idea then. Maybe there's not a technical reason and they just like it better?

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    The single version of the song has an alternate vocal take, it's a really brittle but still high whisper (it's cool)
    I've always wondered why that wasn't the take they used on the album version. It's a lot prettier. Actually, that may be why they didn't use it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Can anyone tell me more about the 'After All This Time: Live in Santiago" fan edit? I got this the other day with no text file and I remember seeing it when it was released. But back then, data storage wasn't cheap and I was a poor undergrad (some things don't change, eh?) so I had to miss this one.

Any info would be great.
    I've attached the text file.

It was edited by Luis Benítez. He used to hang out here, but he seems to have deactivated his Facebook account. The people in that community may still know how to contact him though, if you need to.

He was going to do a v2.0 release of it with an improved edit, but AFAIK, it was never completed or released.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @TheBang - Once again, thanks for coming in the clutch. I have the video now and wanted to add it to the archive. Just wanted some more info on the release. Thanks!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From the September 10, 1988 issue of Billboard Magazine:
    "Other Nashville rockers include: Susan Marshall (Reptile Records), Dessau, the Grinning Plowman, Nine-Inch Nails, Robb Houston, all currently on Carlyle Records roster."

Has anyone been in contact with Laura Fraser or Preston Sullivan to see if they have any NIN memorabilia or demos?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Anyone remember what show on the Wave Goodbye tour feature Robin smashing the shit out of his guitar during The Becoming? I feel like I remember seeing it in a video that was shot from on stage - not one of Robs, but someone who bought a pass. Ring any bells to anyone? I swear I'm not making this up.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Anyone remember what show on the Wave Goodbye tour feature Robin smashing the shit out of his guitar during The Becoming? I feel like I remember seeing it in a video that was shot from on stage - not one of Robs, but someone who bought a pass. Ring any bells to anyone? I swear I'm not making this up.
    It was Jones Beach. I filmed that from like the 4th row JMJ's side. There is footage from the stage. I have it, but it's one of the million things I want to get authored for the NIN Video Drive.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i wonder if there is going to be any sort of acknowledgement of the 20th anniversary of the fragile? thought of it whilst reading about the cure 30th anniversary of disintegration.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i wonder if there is going to be any sort of acknowledgement of the 20th anniversary of the fragile? thought of it whilst reading about the cure 30th anniversary of disintegration.
    It'd certainly be a great time to release all those 5.1 tracks that are presumably just sitting there, along with the +vocal versions of the tracks introduced by Deviations...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    It'd certainly be a great time to release all those 5.1 tracks that are presumably just sitting there, along with the +vocal versions of the tracks introduced by Deviations...
    i really like 5.1 mixes if they are done right. all of the NIN surround stuff i have is fantastic. a bit in the wayback machine but have you listened to the surround mix of "electric ladyland"? mind blowing. i'm also quite partial to the surround mixes the flaming lips did for "soft bulletin" "yoshimi" & "war with the mystics".

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    From the September 10, 1988 issue of Billboard Magazine:
    "Other Nashville rockers include: Susan Marshall (Reptile Records), Dessau, the Grinning Plowman, Nine-Inch Nails, Robb Houston, all currently on Carlyle Records roster."

Has anyone been in contact with Laura Fraser or Preston Sullivan to see if they have any NIN memorabilia or demos?
    Wow - this was a full month before the first NIN show. Never seen this before.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Who can help me out with who this guest guitarist is during "Head Like a Hole" in St. Louis 02/14/1995?

https://www.facebook.com/ninlivearch...5159692038168/

I assume it's someone from Pop Will Eat Itself, but I don't want to put out false information without 100% confirmation.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i really like 5.1 mixes if they are done right. all of the NIN surround stuff i have is fantastic. a bit in the wayback machine but have you listened to the surround mix of "electric ladyland"? mind blowing. i'm also quite partial to the surround mixes the flaming lips did for "soft bulletin" "yoshimi" & "war with the mystics".
    No, sadly the only surround albums I actually have are Downward Spiral and With Teeth :/ I'd love to find Social Network 5.1 in particular, but the avenues for it are either unaffordable or blocked by my ISP.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    No, sadly the only surround albums I actually have are Downward Spiral and With Teeth :/ I'd love to find Social Network 5.1 in particular, but the avenues for it are either unaffordable or blocked by my ISP.
    I have it I think. Check your PMs soon. 140 dollars on discogs is certainly a bit pricy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seem to remember a guy who supposedly shot some footage of the NIN/Bowie tour in '95 uploading some raw footage of it a few years back. The videos had a write up in the description about how he re-edited some of the footage to upload. I believe it was Reptile and Wish, maybe? Did anyone else see this or could point me in that direction? Would love to try to see how much more he'd be willing to release..

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanh92 View Post
    I seem to remember a guy who supposedly shot some footage of the NIN/Bowie tour in '95 uploading some raw footage of it a few years back. The videos had a write up in the description about how he re-edited some of the footage to upload. I believe it was Reptile and Wish, maybe? Did anyone else see this or could point me in that direction? Would love to try to see how much more he'd be willing to release..
    You're probably thinking of this:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Was Deep the last NIN song and video done before Trents sobriety, or was it after? I know he said it was 8 years of sobriety on Twitter in 2009 but I can’t remember the date, meaning 2001 and that was when the Tomb Raider film came out. Listening to Still I get the impression that was post sobriety

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Was Deep the last NIN song and video done before Trents sobriety, or was it after? I know he said it was 8 years of sobriety on Twitter in 2009 but I can’t remember the date, meaning 2001 and that was when the Tomb Raider film came out. Listening to Still I get the impression that was post sobriety
    I'm not sure about Deep, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Still was recorded when he was at his absolute lowest point or something like that

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The wiki says that Trent entered rehab in June of 2001, and that the video for Deep was shot in May of 2001, so that was most likely the last thing he worked on before getting sober. I don't know how reliable that information is, but that's what I'm going on. As far as Still goes, it might have been recorded pre-rehab and then worked on post-rehab. And All That Could Have Been (the live release, not the song) ended up getting pushed back a month from it's original release date, so I'm curious if that was due to Trent getting sober or other, more technical issues.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    This is a long shot, but did anyone ever write down what the songs were from the Tension 2013 set change playlist that Trent had on his Beats Music profile back when Beats Music was a thing? You can see what I'm talking about in the image on this official NIN tumblr post:
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...promo-remix-ep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    This is a long shot, but did anyone ever write down what the songs were from the Tension 2013 set change playlist that Trent had on his Beats Music profile back when Beats Music was a thing? You can see what I'm talking about in the image on this official NIN tumblr post:
    http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post...promo-remix-ep
    I think you can find them on spotify. But I saved them in Scribd document here if that is more palatable.
    Last edited by m0reta; 03-13-2019 at 09:20 AM. Reason: link missing

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I think you can find them on spotify. But I saved them in Scribd document here if that is more palatable.
    Treasure trove. Thank you so much!!!

EDIT: I wonder why there's so much overlap between his 2007 tour set change stuff and this from 2005:
    http://www.nin.wiki/images/a/ac/2005...uestions13.gif

I don't know if some of that stuff was actually reused for the 2007 tour or if he got his info mixed up.
    Last edited by piggy; 03-13-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    As far as Still goes, it might have been recorded pre-rehab and then worked on post-rehab. And All That Could Have Been (the live release, not the song) ended up getting pushed back a month from it's original release date, so I'm curious if that was due to Trent getting sober or other, more technical issues.
    Still definitely had elements on it recorded prior to mid-2001, including the themes initially scored for One Hour Photo and that version of "The Day the World Went Away", which was recorded backstage with the Fragility live band in 2000.

I know there were some last-minute issues with authoring the DVD to their custom specs, and of course the fabric-packaging on the Deluxe CD was quite unusual, so any of that could have been part of the delay in releasing And All That Could Have Been. But it was in production both before and after TR entered the detox program and got clean.
    Last edited by botley; 03-13-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Apologies if this has been asked before but how did the NIN fan community end up getting their hands on the Purest Feeling demo album?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It was released as a silver CD bootleg sometime in the 90s, originally.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    In reference to my earlier post about TR's set change playlists, here is one that he posted on Spotify years ago, but he didn't remember which tour it comes from. Can anyone here remember these being played at shows? The newest one on the list is the Mogwai track, which was released in 2006.

Atari Teenage Riot – Revolution Action
    Liars – Mr Your On Fire Mr
    Joy Division – Disorder
    Primal Scream – Rise
    The Rolling Stones – Citadel
    Brian Eno/David Byrne – The Jezebel Spirit
    Devo – Gut Feeling/Slap Your Mammy
    Mogwai – Glasgow Mega-Snake
    The Human League – Being Boiled
    Chicks On Speed – Yes I Do
    Dead Boys – Sonic Reducer
    Can – Mushroom
    Prince – Sister
    Soft Cell – Seedy Films
    Nitzer Ebb – Control I'm Here
    Paul Anka – (You're) Having My Baby
    Last edited by piggy; 03-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I remember "Seedy Films" being in regular rotation on the Fall 2005 Live: With Teeth tour, for sure, but it must have stuck around after that as well.