Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is it me, or is that theme song very disappointing? It's pretty much a music sting. Any composer could have done it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not much of a theme song if you ask me seeing as it just seems to accompany that splashing of the logo. I figured after the pilot we'd get something much longer with some scenic imagery kinda like TWD's.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That second episode was much better than the pilot.

Agree, the theme is disappointing, if you can call it a theme song.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Bothered that they chose to do that. I fully understand that someone can turn in a number of ways in TWD world. But they spent an hour talking about people getting sick everywhere and that being the catalyst for whatever's happening. The drug dealer wasn't sick at all when he got shot. I think it was just the way they ended that episode that left me sort of ho-hum. They'll probably explain it in the 2nd episode
    They didn't explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Yeah, underwhelming.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    But they spent an hour talking about people getting sick everywhere and that being the catalyst for whatever's happening.
    I think it's supposed to show the confusion of not understanding. 2nd episode definitely continued that.

For most of the audience, we know that "everyone is already infected" but we don't know exactly when the infection happened. Looks like the infection happened before this series started.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    weak show.

too much human drama which is all we ever saw on the orig walking dead. to do this right, imo, they have to show more of the destruction of the city and devolution of human society on a citywide scale.

the whole time im watching the downtown scene i'd rather be seeing the kids perspective who's looking out the window of the shop. Instead were stuck listening to the inconsequential drama unfolding between these people i have no attachment to. its painfully obvious they don't have the budget to do this show properly.

Either that or they need to seriously rethink the entire approach to this show cause it's just more slow, dramatic, psuedo-suspense filled nonsense like the worst of the The Walking Dead has already served up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Kirkland has stated in the comic's mail bag, that they will never dwell on the origin of the epidemic. So Im guessing he will never do it on television either. I kinda like it that way.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It has only been two episodes and people are already hating on it. Hey, I thought the acting was completely terrible in the first couple of episodes of TWD... but I stayed on board and now it is one of my top shows. I thought the build up to what is now going on was fine. I mean, this is another show about a zombie outbreak! What were you really expecting here. What really intrigued me watch this was the fact of knowing this is in the same universe and cannot help but think while I am watching this show, I am also wondering at the same time what Rick and the gang are doing at that exact moment. Thought provoking it is, and I think that was one of the things they were aiming for for the audience. Nick is my favorite character as of right now and the other characters need to have some more time to show what they are really about. You also have to think that this is before they have to make rash decisions and have their inner survival side come out. Look how much Rick grew from the moment Glenn found him to now... Give these characters and the show more time to workout before just hating it because it isn't The Walking Dead.

And as far as the theme song is concerned... if that leaked version is real, I dig it. The Walking Dead's theme song isn't any more intricate than this one. A repetitive violin that changes some tones throughout with a little more layering. Anyone that can play in instrument well could have composed that as well.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I recognise the mom from Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I recognise the mom from Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon.
    and Gone Girl!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fairly disappointing still after 2 episodes, although the second was marginally better than the first. Some very valid points already made, notably the "hammy" protest scene - very poorly done. Also the families being stuck in the shop - boring melodramatic rubbish.
    I'm not entirely sure what this series needs, perhaps it is the "destruction of the city and human devolution" that is needed. That would probably be more entertaining.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I lost interest in the Walking Dead after 2 episodes, made myself watch 2 more then quit and never cared enough to pick it up again. But Fear the Walking Dead got me interested and caring about the characters right off the bat - unlike the Walking dead - so I believe I will keep watching.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Episode 3 was pretty badass with that shotgun to the face blast.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well episode 4 was a dud, it's shitty because with only a 6 episode season you don't really want it to dick around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I want to finish the last 2 episodes, but it's just so bad. These characters are dumb and the plot is going absolutely nowhere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    heroin kid is the best part of the show imo. only one who has clear motives and i actually trust, lol. he's fairly predictable.

my guess is cliff hangers will be created and then theyll drop the news of season 2! on the chris hardwick special.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    In TWD I liked Rick immediately. With this, I'm not drawn to anyone.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Season two has already been confirmed, hasn't it? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. It's going to be twice as long as Season One
    Season 2 was greenlit way back in March. The word then was that it would contain 15 episodes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    From the sound of it, this is crap and I should not watch it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I suggest all fans of zombie outbreak genre to check out manga I am a Hero. It's fucking brilliant. (Wikipedia suggests it's not yet officially released in English, but all available volumes are translated by fan groups online anyway)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like Strand.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I don't like that Mexican kid.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i want the entire cast slaughtered. All shitty people in one way or another. Great job writers.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Man, I fucking hate Strand now. What a dick!

I only just watched the web series with the flight before I watched this episode, and I'm more fond of that Asian chick from 1.5 episodes compared to the rest of the cast. Then Strand had to go and do that at the end.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So Strand is gay... didn't see that coming. With the villain from Mission: Impossible II, no less.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So Strand is gay... didn't see that coming. With the villain from Mission: Impossible II, no less.
    Really?
    i'm just getting ready to watch episode 4.

I'm loving this show. What about the rest of y'all?
    I also noticed that there are to be 15 episodes this time around!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    tonights episode was pretty great imo. the bag off the head was a rip from the comics but good to see it got used somewhere.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Who would be the "Rick" in this group/show? Does it even have one yet or is it supposed to be Madison? i don't really mean in terms of character i guess just focus/staying power.

As much as i hate to take anything away from a leading lady i can't say i give two shits about that character, honestly it's either Strand, Nick or that Salazar guy, i guess we can't have any Michonne types right out of the gate lol but yeah...

I mean i guess they're all malleable characters, they're going to go through all kinds of shit and it's early days yet i just don't know if I'll ever care much about her as a leader.

Would they Carolize her? i don't know.. perhaps.

She reminds me of Andrea, i hated Andrea.