Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite: Songs Played So Far

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite: Songs Played So Far

EDIT: DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO AVOID SPOILERS

ok, so i'm aware that this sort of thing can be found on Setlist.fm and nintourhistory.com, and i know that some of you think this is therefore redundant, but i wanted to have it here (on ets.)
    And yes, i'm aware that some of the songs fit into multiple categories.

At any rate, i went ahead and did this.

Cold and Black and Infinite: Songs Played So Far

Pretty Hate Machine:

Head Like a Hole
    Terrible Lie
    Sanctified
    Something I Can Never Have
    Sin

Broken:

Pinion
    Wish
    Last
    Help Me I Am in Hell
    Happiness in Slavery
    Gave Up
    Physical (You're so)
    Suck

The Downward Spiral:

Mr. Self Destruct
    Piggy
    March of the Pigs
    Closer
    The Becoming
    I Do Not Want This
    A Warm Place
    Eraser
    Reptile
    Hurt

The Fragile:

Somewhat Damaged
    The Day the World Went Away
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Even Deeper
    La Mer
    The Big Come Down
    Starfuckers, Inc.

Still:
    And All That Could Have Been

With Teeth:

All the Love in the World
    The Hand That Feeds
    Only
    Home

Year Zero:

The Beginning of the End
    Survivalism
    The Good Soldier
    Me, I'm Not
    The Great Destroyer

The Slip:

Letting You

Hesitation Marks:

Copy of A
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way

Not The Actual Events:

Branches/Bones
    Dear World,
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)

Add Violence:

Less Than
    The Lovers
    This Isn't the Place
    The Background World

Bad Witch:

Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves
    God Break Down the Door
    Over and Out

Soundtracks:

Burn
    The Perfect Drug

Covers:

Digital
    Parasite
    Metal
    I'm Afraid of Americans
    Dead Souls
    I Can't Give Everything Away
    Subterraneans

Other:

Now I'm Nothing

(i trust you guys will let me know if i've missed anything)
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-29-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Suck also

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Suck also
    fixed.
    thanks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "I Do Not Want This" and "Something I Can Never Have" were played in New York.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Starfuckers, because why not?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Starfuckers, because why not?
    No joke, I would've marked out like crazy if I had seen that live.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I REALLY can't believe And All That Could Have Been was played.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I REALLY can't believe And All That Could Have Been was played.
    I had to tell reality to shut the fuck up twice before I realized I hadn't passed out and it was really happening.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is the dude that made A Mix Of All That There Ever Was still around? We're gonna need him...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Is the dude that made A Mix Of All That There Ever Was still around? We're gonna need him...
    Cant wait for his next release, “Literally All That Could Have Been.”

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yes I am, and I am planning on making one for this tour. Working title right now is
    “Nothing Left To Lose”

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Yes I am, and I am planning on making one for this tour. Working title right now is
    “Nothing Left To Lose”
    Awesome! Did you ever do one for the Hesitation Marks tracks? I might have missed that one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Awesome! Did you ever do one for the Hesitation Marks tracks? I might have missed that one.
    Yep
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ive-2013-2014)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @elevenism gotta add Subterraneans

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    “Nothing Left To Lose”
    dude you're my hero

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Do you have links to the others? Also, any chance these could be hosted on @ninlive ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    “Nothing Left To Lose”
    Do you have any plans to combine the big 100+ track one from 2009/10 with everything that's come out since in a new, all-encompassing mix?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Do you have links to the others? Also, any chance these could be hosted on @ninlive ?
    I am trying to stay on top of things, but I am all over the place when it comes to running the site sometimes. I really want my queue of stuff to be down to zero. But the additions/submissions have been overwhelming, which is a good thing!

Here: http://www.ninlive.com/exclusives/compilations.html CC: @NotinCnStopMeNow

I started making the "other" tab for the archive that will host projections and various other things from all things pertaining to NIN live. Just need some extra time and to brainstorm. I've had these files for what seems to be over a year and I am sorry it's taken me so long to get them hosted.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Do you have any plans to combine the big 100+ track one from 2009/10 with everything that's come out since in a new, all-encompassing mix?
    If the timing is right, not going to make a huge mix if they announce they are touring again next year. It’s going to take awhile to make the mix for this tour, I have a 9 month old daughter who gets most of my time now lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I am trying to stay on top of things, but I am all over the place when it comes to running the site sometimes. I really want my queue of stuff to be down to zero. But the additions/submissions have been overwhelming, which is a good thing!

Here: http://www.ninlive.com/exclusives/compilations.html CC: @NotinCnStopMeNow

I started making the "other" tab for the archive that will host projections and various other things from all things pertaining to NIN live. Just need some extra time and to brainstorm. I've had these files for what seems to be over a year and I am sorry it's taken me so long to get them hosted.
    @ninlive No complaints here at all. I saw the other section and thought it'd be a good spot for it. Sounds like you already had that in mind.

Thanks for quick turnaround on these epic setlists.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so based off of what has been played so far (68 songs) and what Robin recently said in the guitar interview, that they have a bucket of about 70 songs they can pick from, it seems we have seen all songs that we expect to see on this tour or there is 1-2 songs that can still pop-up on the 2nd half of the tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    so based off of what has been played so far (68 songs) and what Robin recently said in the guitar interview, that they have a bucket of about 70 songs they can pick from, it seems we have seen all songs that we expect to see on this tour or there is 1-2 songs that can still pop-up on the 2nd half of the tour.
    RF seemed so out of it in that interview. I wonder if TR won't add to the song bank after this little break though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    RF seemed so out of it in that interview. I wonder if TR won't add to the song bank after this little break though.
    I honestly expect a couple more to get added before or at LA

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I honestly expect a couple more to get added before or at LA
    Yeah, I'd be astonished if they didn't add a few more. There's a whole thread about it...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The songs that were debuted in the LA dates were Just Like You Imagined, In This Twilight, Welcome Oblivion, Ice Age, BBB, On The Wing, A Drowning and Greensleeves, right?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I calculated the percentage of songs per album played on the tour. I did not include any of the b-sides, cover songs or songs just were not on the official main album tracklist.

Broken 8/8 = 100%
    AV - 4/5 = 80%
    TDS - 10/14 = 71%
    BW - 4/6 = 66.6%
    NTAE - 3/5 = 60%
    PHM - 5/10 = 50%
    Fragile - 9/23 = 39%
    YZ - 6/16 = 37.5%
    WT - 3/13 = 23%
    HM - 3/14 = 21%
    Slip - 2/10 = 20%

-Broken was the go-to album of the tour it seems, being played 100%.
    -The trilogy was quite favored as well, no surprise there, with most songs being pulled from Add Violence.
    -Not much love for The Fragile. I'd like to see this number increase at future tours.
    -We can tell which records get the back burner here. The absence of With Teeth material yet again is strange.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I calculated the percentage of songs per album played on the tour. I did not include any of the b-sides, cover songs or songs just were not on the official main album tracklist.

Broken 8/8 = 100%
    AV - 4/5 = 80%
    TDS - 10/14 = 71%
    BW - 4/6 = 66.6%
    NTAE - 3/5 = 60%
    PHM - 5/10 = 50%
    Fragile - 9/23 = 39%
    YZ - 6/16 = 37.5%
    WT - 3/13 = 23%
    HM - 3/14 = 21%
    Slip - 2/10 = 20%

-Broken was the go-to album of the tour it seems, being played 100%.
    -The trilogy of was quite favored as well, no surprise there, with most songs being pulled from Add Violence.
    -Not much love for The Fragile. I'd like to see this number increase at future tours.
    -We can tell which records get the back burner here. The absence of With Teeth material yet again is strange.
    Thanks for doing the work. I wonder if, after Tension, Reznor was just done with HM for a while.
    I also wonder if they held back on Fragile tracks because they're planning something special for the 20th anniversary...

And shouldn't PHM be 5.5 because of 'The Only Time' snippet? If we're getting mathematical...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Thanks for doing the work. I wonder if, after Tension, Reznor was just done with HM for a while.
    I also wonder if they held back on Fragile tracks because they're planning something special for the 20th anniversary...

And shouldn't PHM be 5.5 because of 'The Only Time' snippet? If we're getting mathematical...
    I get the feeling he's still really burned out from that with_teeth tour and revisiting those songs seems daunting, that could explain the lack of material from that record. They toured hard for that album.

As for the only time snippet, I wouldn't really consider a 20 second clip of a song within a song warranting any value. But if you start getting into that stuff, then we'd also have to count the sunspots synth inside sanctified and so on.

I can't even imagine "closer" without the only time snippet now. That part is so ingrained in my brain, its like "hey mother fucking pig" during MOTP. You know it doesn't normally belong there, but you'll shout it out live anyway, even if he doesn't do it. You can hear the whole crowd yell it out.

Funny things like that set live NIN apart from studio NIN. Most bands replicate their songs to an exact T for their live set, which to be honest, can be boring at times. Sometimes you're asking yourself if they're really playing live, because it sounds too much like the album, but there is a distinct difference between NIN playing live, and I think that's what makes this band one of the best live acts out there.

It'll be a sad day when Trent decides to stop touring. I can't imagine life without a NIN tour to get excited about. Gotta attend as many as we can while he's still out there doing it. None of us are getting any younger. Trent is in fantastic shape for his age, and these 2018 shows prove he is not slowing down. Someone dared to say that the 2018 shows were better than the final wave goodbye shows in 2009, and I would tend to agree. The band keeps sounding better and better with age. I thought they sounded good in 2009, then I saw them in 2013-2014 and boy did they ever improve, but then the 2017-2018 cycle came, and they managed top themselves yet again.