Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1068

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    So something fun happened on the last day of November. I follow a couple of youtubers/twitch streams who are active in the whole Guitar Hero thing...and I thought it would of been funny to send them something funny to them and i ended up doing just that and I chose a NIN to do it.

I chose The Great Destroyer and over charted the living shit out of the ending breakdown and it was fucking amazing and i managed to get a few clips of his reaction to it.

I dunno if i can use twitch clips in the insert video but ill link them down below...i was laughing my ass off

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedNimbleSaladFutureMan

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseAr...rritoAllenHuhu
    How are you guys making this happen? What are you using to create that, and what is he using to play it?

That doesn't look like the GH I remember....

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    How are you guys making this happen? What are you using to create that, and what is he using to play it?

That doesn't look like the GH I remember....

its something called Clone Hero. Its something you download and plug the guitar hero guitar to your PC

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Another day, another cover. This style of music is definitely not my cup of tea

Carnifex - Head Like A Hole

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3killa View Post
    Another day, another cover. This style of music is definitely not my cup of tea

Carnifex - Head Like A Hole

At any moment, I expect to hear this guy's mom opening the basement door and asking if anyone wants snacks.

But still, totally hail Satan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At least it's different. I appreciate it a lot more than I do the buck cherry cover.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    For the love of god bands...please cover something other than HLAH, Closer & Hurt!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    For the love of god bands...please cover something other than HLAH, Closer & Hurt!
    You mean LIKE THIS?!?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    You mean LIKE THIS?!?!

Probably gonna regret this for the 100 ensuing facepalms, but I actually enjoyed that. Sure the singers got 'that' voice that some find annoying, and it clearly didn't have the grit of the original, but they did something very different and interesting with it - they must be fans in the first place you'd imagine (as it's a non-single) - and the ending varied from the original too. Frankly just seeing a cover of something other than the aforementioned triumvirate was interesting to hear, particularly as it's in my top 3 NIN songs....hey, it made me smile, not chunder/barf, that's good right?

I'll get my coat in anticipation of a backlash....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I still stand by my statement that it sounds like something made for a beer commercial. It's different in the worst possible way, and everyone looks smug as fuck playing it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I still stand by my statement that it sounds like something made for a beer commercial. It's different in the worst possible way, and everyone looks smug as fuck playing it.
    Agree with the smug comment!! Prefer this to Buckcherrys HLAH abortion (just cos it's the most recent cover I'm aware of).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about this for quite some time and I definitely feel the same exact way. It's kind of like how most Radiohead covers are often Creep.

I know that not everybody that covers NIN songs is an active/actual fan/follower of NIN, but it would also a lot more interesting to see any of the other songs covered. (Which I had also seen, but you're right. It's usually any of those 3 songs.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-07-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No worries, enjoy your gazillion covers of Wish

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Dillinger Escape Plan got that one started several years ago.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    "For the love of god bands...please cover something other than HLAH, Closer, *Wish* & Hurt!"

You're right. fixed.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Pig did a pretty good job (although it's a sin he didn't do March of the Pigs or Piggy instead):

As for other covers, I always liked this one of Starfuckers, Inc.

Corey Taylor does a pretty good Something I Can Never Have (but the crowd ruins it)

Last edited by katara; 12-08-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I feel like this thread is really hit or miss when it comes to content. Is there anyway we could separate covers from actual NIN spotting?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Also YouTube reactions to NIN - is that really NIN spotting? I feel like it just kind of junks up a thread that is supposed to be helping people keep up with their favorite band, interviews, etc

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I feel like this thread is really hit or miss when it comes to content. Is there anyway we could separate covers from actual NIN spotting?
    NIN often has a lot of down time. Right now, TRAR&CO are on tour, which means there's not a huge amount going on. We've had stretches of several months or even years where nothing particularly noteworthy happens, so people use this thread as a general discussion. While covers aren't exactly NIN news, at least someone out there cared enough to attempt to record a tribute. They're probably just about as interesting as Captain Marvel's T-shirt.

Also YouTube reactions to NIN - is that really NIN spotting? I feel like it just kind of junks up a thread that is supposed to be helping people keep up with their favorite band, interviews, etc
    This was already complained about, and I agree with you. Reaction videos are practically non-content. Why would we need someone to tell us their opinion when the only one that matters is our own?

By the way, there is an edit button.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    NIN often has a lot of down time. Right now, TRAR&CO are on tour, which means there's not a huge amount going on. We've had stretches of several months or even years where nothing particularly noteworthy happens, so people use this thread as a general discussion. While covers aren't exactly NIN news, at least someone out there cared enough to attempt to record a tribute. They're probably just about as interesting as Captain Marvel's T-shirt.

This was already complained about, and I agree with you. Reaction videos are practically non-content. Why would we need someone to tell us their opinion when the only one that matters is our own?

By the way, there is an edit button.
    What? There's a ton going on. They have a mobile studio while on tour and just finished Bird Box which comes out in a couple weeks. They have also started scoring Watchmen. And they are also planning working on new NIN in the new year. Not to mention the score for Woman in the Window and god knows what else. Trent never stops working.
    Last edited by streetman; 12-08-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've also thought about myself, but it seems like the exceptions would be if the covers were very recent. However, I've also been using the ETS covers NIN thread to bring up NIN covers.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ETS-covers-NIN

I have been requested it to be renamed Miscellaneous Nine Inch Nails Covers as it seems better than just leaving it for ETS users. As a matter of fact, I always thought it's better to have threads like that to not just be limited to ETS members at all.

For NIN reactions, it was actually okay to make a thread for that. It was even encouraged by @Leviathant himself. (I also thought it was best to bring this to your attention as this got brought up again, and figured as you have the ultimate final say on threads.) I would just name it Nine Inch Nails Reactions or Reactions to Nine Inch Nails if I did that, but just didn't feel like making any new threads at the time.

Anyway, aside from that, I just wanted to let you know.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Actual spotting here. Good review of the first LA show in the Los Angeles Times
    https://t.co/kTP3QiMllj
    I hope the link works, I can’t view the LA Times as it isn’t available in Europe due to the GDPR directive, however I could view it in Apple News on my iPad which is what the link is

about the ‘what is a spotting’ conversation, I’m finding it best just to go into the tour discussion page as that is where the conversation about the shows is taking place

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    What? There's a ton going on. They have a mobile studio while on tour and just finished Bird Box which comes out in a couple weeks. They have also started scoring Watchmen. And they are also planning working on new NIN in the new year. Not to mention the score for Woman in the Window and god knows what else. Trent never stops working.
    There's a specific forum for the score work. It's not technically NIN.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ghosts 3 was just being played on Sunday Night Football.

Go Bears!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Ghosts 3 was just being played on Sunday Night Football.

Go Bears!!!

Ha, you beat me to it. The SNF sound guys sneak some good stuff in there from time to time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Ugh.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Consequence of Sound have NIN as one of their top live acts of 2018 (yes I know COS isn’t appreciated here! I can’t remember why as they’re hardly as bad as Alternative Nation for click Bait?) - they even give a shout out to the Madrid festival performance
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...-acts-of-2018/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't know what's happening here. So I'd just like to drop a random reminder, useful perhaps to some of our newer members, that this exists.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Josh Freese and Danny Lohner were at last night's show.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVdKEbhNN2/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVteFLhbml/