Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Season three finished last week and Netflix has already added it. And I have already plowed through all of it.

This show is seriously underrated in the states. If you guys need a good laugh, give this a shot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    "The Dirt" was pretty terrible, though I enjoyed MGK as Tommy Lee. Whoever said it would have been better as a mini-series was spot on. Stretch this thing out over 10 or so hours so certain things could be fleshed out and it could have been much better.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The only reason I even partially enjoyed The Dirt was that it was validating to see someone like Mick. Minus the physical pain (so far), that's literally me on tour with the rest of the crew. Everyone else: getting drunk, doing stupid shit. Me: sitting nearby but not really joining them, being cynical about it but not wanting to leave.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Making my way through that Carmen Sandiego series. It's fun.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I dont think its on Netflix but right now the wife and I are making our way through our first time ever viewing of the Sopranos. We have only three episodes left in the series, and I have always known how it ends because it was basically talked about everywhere when the finale first aired.

I can safely say that even with only three episodes left (which we will finish tonight), I am already mourning this show. What a great series. Very sad that Gandolfini died so young. I didn't think this series was as "edge of your seat" as say, Breaking Bad, but boy have I grown to love it. The use of music in the series, the cinematography, everything.

Totally understand why its regarded by so many as one of the best shows of all time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I really felt like the quality of Sopranos went down alot when it got ever increasingly impressed with itself, which I felt happened in seasons 5 & 6. As it attempted to get more introspective, artsy, whatever u want to call it and focus ALOT less on the main plot, I started getting really annoyed with the show. At the time I felt like those attempts were just Chase ripping off Six Feet Under in some respects. I didn't part. go to Sopranos for that stuff. I liked the main story arcs and wanted to see where they would go....didn't care so much for Tony's hour long dream where he's a fucking salesman or fish are talking to him on the boardwalk. The extended breaks between seasons seemed kinda disrespectful as well. So of course I hated the finale too haha. I should probably re-watch the series now and see how I feel about those last 2/2.5 seasons.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-13-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Losers is very good

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I really felt like the quality of Sopranos went down alot when it ever increasingly impressed with itself, which I felt happened in seasons 5 & 6. As it attempted to get more introspective, artsy, whatever u want to call it and focus ALOT less on the main plot, I started getting really annoyed with the show. At the timeI felt like those attempts were just Chase ripping off Six Feet Under in some respects. I didn't part. go to Sopranos for that stuff. I liked the main story arcs and wanted to see where they would go....didn't care so much for Tony's hour long dream where he's a fucking salesman or fish are talking to him on the boardwalk. The extended breaks between seasons seemed kinda disrespectful as well. So of course I hated the finale too haha. I should probably re-watch the series now and see how I feel about those last 2/2.5 seasons.
    I understand what you are saying. To be honest, I kind of felt that way, but after we finished it yesterday, I read a lot about the ending online. There is like a dissertation someone wrote which includes a breakdown of the last episode/last scene, and point out a TON of symbolism and foreshadowing throughout the last two seasons that I probably saw but didnt really PICK UP ON until reading this. It really gave me a huge appreciation for the series, specifically the last two seasons. Some of the revelations that people spoke about in the comments on this particular site were just jaw dropping. I'm totally convinced everything that was touched on in this site regarding certain details and scenes and symbols was meticulously planned by the writer/producers in the series. Hats off to whomever wrote it, and the series itself.

Here is a link, in case you would like to go down the rabbit hole.... https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.c...on-of-the-end/
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 04-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    The Sopranos is one of those shows where I know that I REALLY need to get around to watching it, because I'm sure I'd like it, but man, there's something about the length of it that feels a little offputting to me. That's like 90 hours of television I'm committing to. I'm sure I'll dive into it at some point, but I just feel like there's already so much stuff to watch, I'm not sure when it will be.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    The Sopranos is one of those shows where I know that I REALLY need to get around to watching it, because I'm sure I'd like it, but man, there's something about the length of it that feels a little offputting to me. That's like 90 hours of television I'm committing to. I'm sure I'll dive into it at some point, but I just feel like there's already so much stuff to watch, I'm not sure when it will be.
    It really is pretty griping television once you get hooked

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    It really is pretty griping television once you get hooked
    My girl and I fucking love The Sopranos! We moved at the start of the year and for the first time we didn't have cable. We literally watched The Sopranos in full 3 times since moving on January 1st. Not counting the previous times we watched it. 3 times in 3 months lol... and it hasn't lost its touch. An amazing series and you keep picking up on more and more things. Plus, so many great fucking quotes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    first season of Sabrina was fine. it was entertaining enough, but it was definitely a background show for me, especially given the excessive use of tilt-shift focus that made me dizzy all the time.

season 2 started out a bit stronger, had some pretty good episodes, and then i got to episode 6, and it suddenly became amazing. i wish they hadn't waited so long to ramp it up, but at least they finally did. only good thing about how sick i've been this week is how much time i've been able to spend watching the show.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    That was my thought initially first regarding Breaking Bad and the Sopranos. I knew it would be a time investment but boy am I happy that I ended up watching both (we did breaking bad last year). Honestly, we watched an average of about two episodes a night, sometimes three if it was a weekend or something. Finished the whole series in about three months. You can do it!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Has anyone watched Homecoming? I'm not a Beyonce fan, but given what I do for a living, I'll check out anything that's listed as a documentary for a live production. Right off the bat, the AATCHB-level of disregard for continuity is driving me absolutely insane.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Right off the bat, the AATCHB-level of disregard for continuity is driving me absolutely insane.
    What are you referring to here?

Edit: that is, with regard to AATCHB
    Last edited by Mantra; 04-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    What are you referring to here?

Edit: that is, with regard to AATCHB
    From one cut to the next to the next it is painfully clear that it's a different show, not one concert being filmed. Like "HEYYYYYYY WE'RE OUTSIDE" and then the next shot "hey we're inside and Robin has a different guitar".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    From one cut to the next to the next it is painfully clear that it's a different show, not one concert being filmed. Like "HEYYYYYYY WE'RE OUTSIDE" and then the next shot "hey we're inside and Robin has a different guitar".
    Oh wow, weird. lol. I don't think I've ever noticed that, although I probably haven't watched AATCHB in more than 10 years. I'm probably just not very observant about that shit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Oh wow, weird. lol. I don't think I've ever noticed that, although I probably haven't watched AATCHB in more than 10 years. I'm probably just not very observant about that shit.
    you can also track it with robin's hairdo changing between shots haha

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone watch Part 2 of The OA??????
    What a fucking mindfuck of a show
    This season takes it to a whole other level

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Is good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Rise of Netflix Competitors Has Pushed Consumers Back Toward Piracy

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...RgQD6RINaQJClU

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't like Neil Strauss, but he's good at hooking you in with the gory details. His Game book also, and the Manson biography.

I think he's a fabricator and glamorizer, but I think he makes shit feel so real and believable, even when it goes to some crazy territory.
    But his version of Motley Crue on paper was way more definitive and godlike in its arc... he fails at this by the way, his final chapter where he redeems his characters... At least in The Dirt he didn't really. The movie tried to, and failed miserable, and wasn't gory enough to even earn the book's exoneration.
    Neil is a total piece of crap human being. I don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth to be honest. As far as im concerned, anything he writes is pure fiction, inspired by some possible events that might have happened.. to somebody else.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Taking how bad this makes BDSM look like away, it's a damn shame we're in the period where Netflix is just shitting out shows as opposed to keeping ones that fly a little below the radar but are beloved.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DARK SEASON 2
    June 21st

We get Dark season 2 and Stranger Things season 3 shortly after! This summer is gonna be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So they canceled Santa Clarita Diet. That’s pretty annoying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    So they canceled Santa Clarita Diet. That’s pretty annoying.
    That's super lame, I loved that show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's coming!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Any of you guys watch Tuca and Bertie?
    It's one of the crazier things I've ever seen.
    I don't know how to explain it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Dark Trilogy

June 21st
    Season 2 of 3 seasons... 3 cycles

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This looks absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't be more excited!!!