Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I saw that about an hour ago!! I'm really excited to see what they do with a whole hour!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty obvious from the trailer that half of it is gonna be about Randy's weed again. Sigh.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Can’t wait for this pandemic special.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That was a VERY solid special. I'm really loving this new era of South Park centered around Randy's weed farm. Can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeve for his inevitable Election Special.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    “You can eat the shit off my balls.” Lmao

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    When Mr. Garrison said the part of killing the Mexicans - I was like woowwwwww, they got away with that on TV?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    When Mr. Garrison said the part of killing the Mexicans - I was like woowwwwww, they got away with that on TV?
    With Trump as president and everything he has said/tweeted, everything seems tame now. They can even show Randy fucking animals.

Him and the flamethrower, lmao

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was also surprised that they were able to show him fucking the animals. That was a bit much, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man this Pandemic Special was the shit!!! So fucking good, can’t wait for what’s next!!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So was the special a one off? I thought it was the kickoff for the new season but no other episodes announced yet?

I did like the special but it is so hard to satirize this reality that seems so unreal itself. I mean a buffoon trying to ignore a pandemic and pretending mike pence can pray it away like the gay and then said buffoon catching the disease himself. Yeah I think most writers would avoid such a thing because its too on the nose. But here we are. How do you top this comedically?

Also, I think they may have made a big mistake a few years back when they made Mr. Garrison the defacto trump stand in. It just feels off now more than ever. I know they expected Clinton to win back in 2016. But fuck continuity, even the terrible Mr. Garrison is much more likable than the actual Criminal and Thief and they've never held back lampooning other political figures in the past. Feels like a strange cop out. But I'm nitpicking, I still love the show. It has to throw off viewers who haven't been keeping up or are just now checking out the show as to why their trump impression is the worst in the world.

Spoiler...The flamethrower at the end of the special pretty much sums up exactly how this whole thing is going down. Now Mr. Garrison catches covid right after killing off the cure. It would seem like such lazy writing if it wasn't happening out here for reals.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    No other episodes announced yet, it was a one-off. The next season can’t be far away though, right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think it was meant as a test to see if they can produce the show working remotely, and how long will it take. Shame that the making-of clip is just 90 seconds long, should've been much longer.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    It just occurred to me how they waited until the election with Obama Vs McCain was over so they could air the appropriate episode depending on the winner. Maybe they’re doing it again with this election?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    It just occurred to me how they waited until the election with Obama Vs McCain was over so they could air the appropriate episode depending on the winner. Maybe they’re doing it again with this election?
    Yeah, they probably don't want another disaster like what happened with season 20 (see "Oh, Jeez"). They had to scrap their storyline and start over because they thought Hillary Clinton would win, and the entire season crashed and burned as a result.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Sucks that we won’t have a SP Halloween episode on Halloween though!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Yeah, they probably don't want another disaster like what happened with season 20 (see "Oh, Jeez"). They had to scrap their storyline and start over because they thought Hillary Clinton would win, and the entire season crashed and burned as a result.
    I thought they recovered pretty well actually. One of the funniest jokes ever in SP... "Oh come on Shelly, we learned that a woman can do anything, except be president." It was a dark joke at the time, but it made me laugh my ass off, and at the time I really needed that.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    South Park

@SouthPark

·
    13h

Check out @SassyJustice
    – our new project with Peter Serafinowicz and stay tuned; more South Park coming soon. Watch now:
    http://cart.mn/sassyjustice

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    South Park

@SouthPark

·
    13h

Check out @SassyJustice
    – our new project with Peter Serafinowicz and stay tuned; more South Park coming soon. Watch now:
    http://cart.mn/sassyjustice

Must watch! Hahahaha

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    The part where you can see Trey voicing puppet Tom Cruise got me.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    After hearing it described as “Trailer trash Scientology”, I DESPERATELY want them to tackle QAnon in the future.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    After hearing it described as “Trailer trash Scientology”, I DESPERATELY want them to tackle QAnon in the future.
    If it's anything like their scathing, yet brutally honest portrayal of Scientology from the "Trapped in the Closet" episode in season 9, count me in! There's certainly a wealth of material that's ripe for mocking, ridicule, and great comedy. It seems like it should be a gold mine for South Park and its writing staff. However, in addition to being a comedic gold mine, tackling the current events in today's political climate also seems like a mine field. The recent "current events" that they usually like to address/satirize/criticize/lampoon/make fun of have become so deadly serious that making light of them can sometimes seem to trivialize them, and in many cases, people are tired of hearing about them (insurrection / attempted coup / protests & riots / voter fraud / Trump, in general / Coronavirus / masks / vaccine / the economy). Still, it's Matt & Trey, so I'm fairly confident they'd be able to successfully navigate their way through the mine field and into the gold mine.

Also, I've been wondering when they'll return with new episodes, but I'm beginning to think they might just do one or two more hour-long specials like the Pandemic Special they did back in September.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-17-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coll...-to-watch/amp/

An Hourlong ‘South Park’ Vaccination Special Is Coming in March - Watch the First Teaser

BY ADAM CHITWOODPUBLISHED 17 HOURS AGO

Still no word on a full season, though.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I just realised...

PC Principal = Glalie (Pokémon)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Oh fuck the underpants gnomes are back!

Mentioned