Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Big. Black. Delta.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Big. Black. Delta.

Well the boards back up. Its looking great. but it seems everyones posting about the same old crap music that they've been posting about for the last 10 years. please no more Radiohead, KORN, Rammstein, Tool, etc. this is 2011 and there are amazing things afoot.

Big Black Delta. brainchild of Jonathan Bates of Mellowdrone. Instead of gushing about it here (i have a dead blog for that, that i'd rather waste my time resurrecting) I'll just post some videos.

BBD - BETAMAX

BBD - IFUCKINGLOVEYOU

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We had a Big Black Delta thread on the old ETS too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ANYWAY - I dig this fan video a lot.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I can't explain why but I can't listen to this album enough. I feel like I was late to the party, but I'm glad I got into 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been addicted to this since the LP was released for free. I really love everything about it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This was one of those examples of albums that are given away for free, but it's so good that I felt like I had to buy it. I don't think I'll ever regret having it in my collection. "Capsize" and "IFUCKINGLOVEYOU" are friggin' incredible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://soundcloud.com/epitaph-record...wers-big-black

I really like this Thursday remix

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Found out about Jon through his guest work on SONOIO's song Houdini, then in January I gave him more attention after remembering I downloaded BBDEP1 a few months prior. Since rediscovering it, I've been hooked on both BBD and Mellowdrone. Eventually bought some CDs/vinyl from both bands (Mellowdrone available through http://cominghomerecords.spinshop.com/ if you'd like to extend some support).

Anyway, a few of us were working on lyrics to BBD songs on the old board, which I recently recovered this from Google cache and put it on LyricWiki. I did some minor edits after a few additional months of listening, but these tracks still need lots of help: Betamax, Roost, Put The Gun On The Floor and LeonardMcGeonardVSDrunkenCalculator. I think we did a really good job on the rest, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This man needs to get outside of LA and do some East coast touring. From what I've seen, they look pure awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    This man needs to get outside of LA and do some East coast touring. From what I've seen, they look pure awesome.
    I think a SONOIO/BBD tour would shatter minds (and souls, if they exist).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I think a SONOIO/BBD tour would shatter minds (and souls, if they exist).
    I was thinking about this the other day. Seeing these two in the same tiny little venue would be fucking NUTS.

Considering how close the two are, I wouldn't doubt it if it's come up in discussion between them to sooome degree, even if very little. But even so, it's one hell of an idea.

Hell, I'd go just to hear them play their remix of Houdini and just loop cat sounds for 10 minutes. :P

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. Seeing these two in the same tiny little venue would be fucking NUTS.

Considering how close the two are, I wouldn't doubt it if it's come up in discussion between them to sooome degree, even if very little. But even so, it's one hell of an idea.

Hell, I'd go just to hear them play their remix of Houdini and just loop cat sounds for 10 minutes. :P
    They did a show together in LA right before Halloween. Pictures. Jon's attire is comical there, he tweeted that there was an actual ring put through the bellybutton area of the shirt. I think they first met when Jon was touring with Mellowdrone and opened for Al.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This album was great. Slightly overshadowed by the new Sonoio, for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the crap out of it. I also second the notion that a dual Sonoio, BBD show would be incredible.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    They did a show together in LA right before Halloween. Pictures. Jon's attire is comical there, he tweeted that there was an actual ring put through the bellybutton area of the shirt. I think they first met when Jon was touring with Mellowdrone and opened for Al.
    I remember that now! That would have been killer!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The LP (and EP) are very addictive. Very difficult to put down. I've been able to put it down, but still have to listen to it a couple of times a week. Weird habit of humming Dreary Moon to myself at work... Probably look crazy, but oh well, fuck em!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was one of those examples of albums that are given away for free, but it's so good that I felt like I had to buy it. I don't think I'll ever regret having it in my collection. "Capsize" and "IFUCKINGLOVEYOU" are friggin' incredible.
    YES.

The best independent bands seem to be realising this lately: release shit for free, make it good enough that people will recommend it to friends and you have an instant loyal fanbase who will probably pay decent cash for the physical version of something they already have in digital.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    YES.

The best independent bands seem to be realising this lately: release shit for free, make it good enough that people will recommend it to friends and you have an instant loyal fanbase who will probably pay decent cash for the physical version of something they already have in digital.
    It really is an awesome model. I really wanted to get the shirt and poster with it to save myself 10 bucks, but I didn't have the money to spend on it this time around. I have no problem showing this music to everyone I know. I posted the link to it every day that first week it was out for free. I probably annoyed some people, don't really care. :P Seriously, more bands need to do this, and more bands already are, actually. Even a free stream of the album from the website is better than nothing.

I just wish it were longer. It feels so short.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can you imagine if both Sonoio and Big Black Delta were asked to support HTDA on this upcoming tour we might get next year?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think you need to repost this somewhere visible by the HTDA camp every day until we hear something about it from them. This is an amazing idea. :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think you need to repost this somewhere visible by the HTDA camp every day until we hear something about it from them. This is an amazing idea. :P
    Well the likelihood of them reacting to one tweet (mine) isn't good. Maybe if multiple folks bombard them with tweets regarding this or something. It really would be a lot of fun to see happen.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 12-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Well the likelihood of them reacting to one tweet (mine) isn't good. Maybe if multiple folks bombard them with tweets regarding this or something. It really would be a lot of fun to see happen.
    Of course. :P But I wonder if it would be possible for a bunch of people to get together and try to make an appeal for it? I dunno, could be worth a shot. That's one show I'd be willing to skip work or class to see.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Well the boards back up. Its looking great. but it seems everyones posting about the same old crap music that they've been posting about for the last 10 years. please no more Radiohead, KORN, Rammstein, Tool, etc. this is 2011 and there are amazing things afoot.
    Why are you on a NIN board? That band was soooo 1994.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-14-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BBD's been pretty hit or miss for me. But oh when it hits...

I love Capsize, IFLY. Betamax isn't bad either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A couple test pressings available : http://cominghomerecords.bigcartel.c...lta-test-press

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Ordered one. I'll post pictures once it arrives.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I missed that!
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 02-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mine showed up yesterday. #15/19 pretty bitchin.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Received mine in the mail over the weekend. Number 18.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I already posted this in the SONOIO thread, but I will put it here as well...

Alessandro will be playing his SONOIO set Wednesday, Feb 22 2012 with Big Black Delta at Bootleg Bar in LA!
    daaaamn, that would have been an amazing show! And it's only $10

Couldn't have been the weekend before. I'll actually be in LA from Feb 11-14th... Oh well.

Enjoy whoever lives in the LA area, this will be a blast.

http://www.foldsilverlake.com/event/86245/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If the show were on a weekend, I would throw down the money to take a train out that way to see the show. Weekdays are kinda tricky for squeezing in a relatively last minute trip halfway across the country. Hopefully I'll get a chance that's a bit closer to home in the near future!