Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1404

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could someone please PM me (a link to) the song? Thank you.
    Last edited by ChrisNotKiw; 08-21-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: grammerz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Because I kinda want NIN to be more than generic rock. It's like, y'know, the reason I like NIN and such.

Listen to Microcastle and Monomania - very similar style to 'Everything'.

Vocal-wise, it sounds a lot like something Vedder would do. Not only the raspier than usual delivery from Reznor (don't say it's because he's older, there are plenty of new songs from him w/out the rasp), but the elongated words in the verse is pretty similar to Vedder. I won't even get into the lyrical similarities.
    Those are two of my favorite albums. You're way off base, for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn you Trent! As much as I want to hate this song, it is stuck in my head and I can't get it outttttt!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god, I'm reading things such as everything being a better song than how long, the hand that feeds and stuff. Oh my, this is probably the worst NIN song ever which is ok, no big deal, but seriously guys...

Also, I have a feeling that this song was written before the oblivion album and the other amazing tracks in HM we've heard so far, so I still have faith.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    If TR thought much of the song, he would be playing it live.....which he isn't...and i am guessing it will NEVER be played live...record company BS is the reason its a single
    Didnt TR say that he thought about leaving it off the album, but decided to go with his gut, and leave it on?? Yes he did say that. So that makes me think that he prob likes it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNotKiw View Post
    Could someone please PM me (a link to) the song? Thank you.
    Why do people keep asking this?

There's a link in the OP. If you want to download it.. just log into nin.com where you should have bought the album from and download it from your account.

Or spend 5 seconds searching any number of torrent sites... cripes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Originally Posted by billpulsipher
    If TR thought much of the song, he would be playing it live.....which he isn't...and i am guessing it will NEVER be played live...record company BS is the reason its a single
    Didnt TR say that he thought about leaving it off the album, but decided to go with his gut, and leave it on?? Yes he did say that. So that makes me think that he prob likes it.
    A) (From original quote) Wasn't it originally on the lolla setlist and dropped at the last min?
    B) Him saying he almost left it off the album lends more towards he's doubting the track... not that he likes it. If he liked it, it wouldn't have been a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
    I fucking love this song! It's obviously a precursor to Year Zero.
    Or the Fragile....came out in 1997 or 1998 I believe.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    A) (From original quote) Wasn't it originally on the lolla setlist and dropped at the last min?
    B) Him saying he almost left it off the album lends more towards he's doubting the track... not that he likes it. If he liked it, it wouldn't have been a question.
    Ive got a pretty good feeling that TR, who has been in the business for 20+ years, wouldnt put a song on an album that he didnt like...call me crazy...but of all the songs hes done, he has probably liked them at the time the album was made, otherwise.....they wouldnt be on the album! They would be in the vault of countless other songs weve never heard. Now, im sure looking back years later, he may think of certain songs and say, fuck, i should have left that off. But not before, or as, an album is about to be released. If he didnt like, it wouldnt be there. Pretty simple. IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Fucking hipster poser. All of Purest Feeling was awesome. They started sucking after they released Down In It on TVT. Record labels are so mainstream.
    Trent Reznor's music career died when the words "Nine Inch Nails" first crossed his mind. I have to tell myself that every night as I go to sleep to justify this Option 30 tattoo on my arm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Dude, it was 1994...
    I am jealous of your eloquence.

And I fucking love Deep.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

There's a link in the OP. If you want to download it.. just log into nin.com where you should have bought the album from and download it from your account.
    I did this. I'd already pre-ordered digital from itunes, some time back, but then I decided what the heck and just pre-ordered the deluxe CD so I could get Everything now. I just didn't feel right about asking for links on something like this. If the songs I've already heard are any indication, I'm not sorry I spent a little extra - it is a way to show gratitude to an artist I like, and I look forward to getting the book that comes with the album.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    I did this. I'd already pre-ordered digital from itunes, some time back, but then I decided what the heck and just pre-ordered the deluxe CD so I could get Everything now. I just didn't feel right about asking for links on something like this. If the songs I've already heard are any indication, I'm not sorry I spent a little extra - it is a way to show gratitude to an artist I like, and I look forward to getting the book that comes with the album.
    almost like they read your post, NIN just tweeted that the track (and copy of A) is on itunes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^ what does the Deep video have to do with anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I crazy, or wasn't there supposed to be an Everything video by Shynola? I thought it was supposed to come out yesterday along with Everything? What happened to that?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by broevol View Post
    ^^^ what does the Deep video have to do with anything?
    I first read that as "What does that have to do with the Deep video?" (?? Right, I know...) because I'm full of adrenaline, but now I'm really lolling.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Because this thread wasn't feeling funky enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    almost like they read your post, NIN just tweeted that the track (and copy of A) is on itunes
    That's kind of a dick move since they only appear as singles and don't complete the pre-orders. I'll save the $3.00 and wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Back to the topic of "Everything", as a musician I have A LOT of friends that are very into music, with great taste in music (all music nerds, basically), who all like NIN to varying degrees. I chilled with 5 of those friends last night and we listened to "Everything". All of them loved it, the resonating opinion from the night was "I wish Trent Reznor would make more songs like this"

Its far from a scientific study, but I'm willing to bet most people with decent taste in music would be down with "Everything". I think its mostly the hot topic hardcore NIN fans that are hating it, and Trent should stop catering to them anyways. It REALLY bums me out the amount of negative reaction "Everything" got.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    Am I crazy, or wasn't there supposed to be an Everything video by Shynola? I thought it was supposed to come out yesterday along with Everything? What happened to that?
    Sadly Shynola confirmed it wasn't them in a tweet, god knows what's happening with the video
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SHYNOLAfi...6102549504?p=v
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @sheepdean I love you.

I still dislike Sunspots more than I dislike Everything. I never got Sunspots. And I cannot explain why I don't love Everything; all I know is that it's got nothing to do with it being a "happy" song or a "poppy" song. It just doesn't do anything special for me. But maybe if/when it's played live, it will be awesome, who knows?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Or spend 5 seconds searching any number of torrent sites... cripes.
    Are you telling where I should have pre-ordered the album? That you know better than me where the postage doesn't make the package price go over the customs limit? Thanks, man. Also no, the OP doesn't include a link to a non-radiorip of the song (it was a bit suboptimal). And maybe I'm a crappy searcher, but I couldn't find a lossless download of the song. Sorry to disappoint you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Sadly Shynola confirmed it wasn't them in a tweet, god knows what's happening with the video
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SHYNOLAfi...6102549504?p=v
    So wait... did NIN ever confirm there was in fact a video for Everything? I'm starting to get stuff mixed up.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    So wait... did NIN ever confirm there was in fact a video for Everything? I'm starting to get stuff mixed up.
    I think it went like this: the picture from the shoot was posted and there were rumors about Everything being the next single, so people put two and two together. I don't think it's been confirmed that the video they shot is for Everything. Hell, it could easily be for Copy Of A or Disappointed. They've done music videos for songs that weren't singles before.

Anyway, after listening to the song again, I have a feeling that Satellite is going to be a reality check. The way the track just ends really reinforces that idea that whatever happiness he has experienced is fleeting, and can end in an instant.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I like this song better than the other two singles I've heard so far. Reminds me of "Get Ready" era New Order.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent said that the new video had a "Running" theme, and there is a song called "Running" on HM, so I would guess the video is for that song and not for Everything or CoA.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Levianthant, or Asshole as he is know here, continues to insist that Everything was actually written by Josh Wink and that Reznor had almost nothing to do with it. Is that why this doesn't really sound so much like NIN?

BTW Leviathant/Asshole insists that Josh Wink sounds almost exactly like Nine Inch Nails. Doesn't seem that way to me, but maybe Leviathant/Asshole doesn't know much about music. What say you ETS community?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    Back to the topic of "Everything", as a musician I have A LOT of friends that are very into music, with great taste in music (all music nerds, basically), who all like NIN to varying degrees. I chilled with 5 of those friends last night and we listened to "Everything". All of them loved it, the resonating opinion from the night was "I wish Trent Reznor would make more songs like this"

Its far from a scientific study, but I'm willing to bet most people with decent taste in music would be down with "Everything". I think its mostly the hot topic hardcore NIN fans that are hating it, and Trent should stop catering to them anyways. It REALLY bums me out the amount of negative reaction "Everything" got.
    You're good people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No, no... I don't have time to find the link to the interview and find the exact quote, but the gist is that it was an honest and sincere track from the gut, but he wasn't sure it belonged under the "NIN umbrella", but decided to leave it on because, for one, he IS NIN; and he also realized he wanted to always be pushing the envelope of what NIN could be. It's strongly implied in all that that he likes the song just fine.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Someone ban @Leviathant for not accepting that Trent wrote Dead Souls and Ian Curtis had a time machine