Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i dont think waning popularity will be an issue. this show is riding an incredible buzz. it has an audience that spans alot of diff. demographics too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If anyone cares, Best Buy and Amazon have the Bluray set for $34.99! It's getting incredible quality reviews, I preordered today.

I think the DVDs are $29.99.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't normally like Fantasy stuff set in medieval times, and I'm really not all that into Lord Of The Rings. I'm a sci-fi guy. But with that said, I've still been thinking about checking into it, especially since it's so cheap on amazon right now. Would I still like this even though I'm not usually into this type of story?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I don't normally like Fantasy stuff set in medieval times, and I'm really not all that into Lord Of The Rings. I'm a sci-fi guy. But with that said, I've still been thinking about checking into it, especially since it's so cheap on amazon right now. Would I still like this even though I'm not usually into this type of story?
    Not sure, but so far I'd consider it more a fictional period drama than typical fantasy - although dragons do briefly pop into the series, and are referenced quite a bit, generally speaking it's fairly grounded and lacking in mysticism. If you were into Rome, The Tudors or The Borgias, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
    With that said, I don't think the show really kicked into gear until quite late in the season. So if you do try it, you might need a bit of patience.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    If anyone cares, Best Buy and Amazon have the Bluray set for $34.99! It's getting incredible quality reviews, I preordered today.
    I preordered the other day, gotta love Amazon's preorder price guarantee cause it was $44.99 when I ordered it. The reviews are great, sounds like a lot of the special features will be really cool.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Bluray.com had a great review of the set last week. It almost scored perfect 5s across the board.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Totally buying the blu-ray! Now all HBO needs to do is release Carnivale on blu-ray (already own the DVDs), so I can sit these two great series side by side.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Its so close!
    Bring on April 1st!!!
    Shits gonna be EPIC!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh god, the wait.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I checked my torrent site last night after work and it had an episode titled S02E00, I got super excited and didn't even think about the E00. Thought maybe they got the first episode early, then I checked the comments and realized it was just the recap episode. It says the last few minutes have some season 2 stuff, but I imagine it's nothing that hasn't been in the trailers released so far, plus I just rewatched season one when it released on blu-ray so I doubt I'll watch it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm going to the premiere in Atlanta tomorrow night. I'm excited to see it on the big screen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That. Was. Amazing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    A fine start! Dragonstone looks amazing, Melissandre is great, the direwolves look real enough, can't wait to see all the new stuff!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Definitely a great return. I thought they handled introducing all the new characters very well. They pronounce Davos differently than I did in my head reading the books but I really like that character so I was pretty excited to see him make his appearance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the episode. Some of my friends who haven't read the book felt that a lot was introduced and that it seemed jumbled. I think they just need to wait a few episodes to let the complexities of this story start to play out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Episode two leaked. The guy who plays Balon Greyjoy is EXACTLY like how I pictured him.

Spoiler: Forever mourning Rakharo. Yara/Asha... bit of odd casting but I did love her trollface at Theon when she says "This is a homecoming I'll tell my grandchildren about". Stannis fucking Melisandre was hilarious, and I loved Sallador trying to grab Matthos' arse.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 04-04-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Spoiler: Stannis fucking Melisandre
    Spoiler: What? Whyyy? It's not so much that it couldn't be possible (it could, though it's never mentioned in the book), but for me this takes away from the story. It would be more poignant if the relationship between Stannis and Melissandre was based on Stannis' ambition and Melissandre's powerful presence, than simply a matter of Melissandre seducing Stannis.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah that's some bullshit Spoiler: I guess they could be using that as a way to explain how she uses Stannis' shadow child thing to kill people coming up but I still don't like it. As far as I know that will be the first big departure from the books that they've taken, and as far as I'm concerned that's a huge one.

Haven't watched the leaked episode though, waiting a week for the next episode is bad enough without watching one before it actually airs.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^^ Ah, maybe I'll have to retract. Sort of. (I don't like filling the thread with spoiler tags, but it can't be helped)

Spoiler: Now that you mentioned it, I do seem to remember that someone (Brienne, maybe? Catelyn?) mentions/thinks that the shadow was the shadow of Stannis. So yeah, knowing this I think it's safe to assume that for the spell to work, Stannis needed to provide. Since I haven't seen the episode either, I don't know how the sex scene is portrayed. Maybe it's not sexual at all. And also, G.R.R. Martin is co-writer and consultant in the tv series, so it's completely possible that this is not an actual departure from the story. I still think it's not a good idea that they show it, it would be better if it's only implied, but whatever.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah I was thinking that about Martin being involved with the show as well. Maybe he was cool with them putting it in the show even though he never comes right out and says it in the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    ^^ Ah, maybe I'll have to retract. Sort of. (I don't like filling the thread with spoiler tags, but it can't be helped)

Spoiler: Now that you mentioned it, I do seem to remember that someone (Brienne, maybe? Catelyn?) mentions/thinks that the shadow was the shadow of Stannis. So yeah, knowing this I think it's safe to assume that for the spell to work, Stannis needed to provide. Since I haven't seen the episode either, I don't know how the sex scene is portrayed. Maybe it's not sexual at all. And also, G.R.R. Martin is co-writer and consultant in the tv series, so it's completely possible that this is not an actual departure from the story. I still think it's not a good idea that they show it, it would be better if it's only implied, but whatever.
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS: I thought the scene played out very well. The music was eerie and foreboding and you can see how she coerced it to happen. She's one of my favorite characters and I can't wait to see how they do the birth scene!
    Last edited by EPICRAGE; 04-05-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's stated in book five, albeit in a subtle manner, that she's fucking Stannis. I can't remember, but there's a line about her "bed being cold with Stannis being away" or something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's also stated in book three.

Spoiler: In her dialogue with Davos (in the dungeon) she says something like "Stannis is too weak, conceiving a third shadow child would kill him". Don't remember the dialogue in detail, but while reading I thought it definitely implied a sexual relationship.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I do remember both of those lines, I guess I just didn't take it to mean they were actually fucking, all the better then.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    What the hell was that at the end?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you serious or no? that was clearly a white walker. that creepy dude who marries all his daughters has some sort of deal with them, and leaves his male children for them. great father.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Fritzl of Westeros.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Why are they using Yara instead of Asha for her name?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Why are they using Yara instead of Asha for her name?
    APPARENTLY the producers felt that viewers may get "Asha" confused with "Osha". Because, y'know, YARA ISN'T AN ANAGRAM OF ARYA AT ALL!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, that's just dumb. Also, if that is why they changed her name, they are going to have to change a shit ton of names once they get to Marreen.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-10-2012 at 03:18 PM.