Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My Disillusioned / The Doomed 10” vinyl shipped from the APC store. I’ll share photos when I get it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    a little on the nose, but i still love the video.

I'm sure itll be taken as "old men yelling" but jeez, it really is true that my younger co workers have zero clue how to act face to face...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Ok this is getting a bit stupid now.

We get it...you dont like phones and social media and shit and you want me to go outside.

Problem is that im extremely anti social, I don't like most people, im a recluse.

I don't have any problems with talking outside from my phone, in fact, im better at talking to people face to face then online.

But im also a poor fuck...cant drive and all my friends live to far.

If i were to truly stop using my phone, i would probably start getting depressed from having literally no one to talk to other than my mother.

Besides, i go out every tuesday, i just got back from Mount Hood

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Ok this is getting a bit stupid now.

We get it...you dont like phones and social media and shit and you want me to go outside.

Problem is that im extremely anti social, I don't like most people, im a recluse.

I don't have any problems with talking outside from my phone, in fact, im better at talking to people face to face then online.

But im also a poor fuck...cant drive and all my friends live to far.

If i were to truly stop using my phone, i would probably start getting depressed from having literally no one to talk to other than my mother.

Besides, i go out every tuesday, i just got back from Mount Hood
    1) You’re clearly not the person that message is aimed at because you are out in the world enjoying yourself.

2) It’s not “PHONES BAD” literally. It’s visual shorthand for constant stimulus and the need for stimulus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    1) You’re clearly not the person that message is aimed at because you are out in the world enjoying yourself.

2) It’s not “PHONES BAD” literally. It’s visual shorthand for constant stimulus and the need for stimulus.

I get that, but it still is worth mentioning.

How many times have they brought this subject up?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The message is definitely a little too blunt, but I liked the imagery in the video, especially those pulsating wires.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My Disillusioned / The Doomed 10” vinyl shipped from the APC store. I’ll share photos when I get it.
    Mine came today! Sounds great. Got one of their caps on sale, too.

I'd post photos but car shopping this afternoon kicked my ASS and I'm gonna crash like a mofo. Hopefully yours arrives safely!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So like, ok. I think the new video is moving. I like the message and it's visually interesting.
    And Disillusioned as a composition, the song I mean, is really pretty. I also like the message of the lyrics.
    THAT BEING SAID, I just don't really see myself returning to it. I don't feel like I'll be driving down the street listening to it in the future.
    It's the sort of thing I listened to one time and that was enough.

I can't really put my finger on why; this is just how it hit me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I mean, parts of the song are purposefully being drawn out to give you time to listen and take it in... I think I like it the more I hear it...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    I mean, parts of the song are purposefully being drawn out to give you time to listen and take it in... I think I like it the more I hear it...
    you know what? I'm pretty damn sure that's what I don't like about it. It kind of kills the "motion" of it for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The packaging and how the record was put into the envelope made the plastic sleeve bend and fold permanently. I'm gonna try and flatten it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Please get a video of the backside of that 10" spinning....

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don’t know what it is, I am just not feeling any of these studio recordings. It’s strange to me because live, they were on fire when I saw them last year — it feels like none of that energy is translating into the studio. It all sounds flat and sleepy to me rather than urgent or potent. MJK’s lyrics on all the singles are some of his least-interesting in a while to me, too, and I miss the mystery and evocative feeling that the older albums had.

I’m anxious about what they’ll have done to Hourglass in studio because live, that was a highlight of an already-amazing show, but none of these other tracks are working for me at all. It feels like they’ve taken a massive step back in subtlety, craft and atmosphere, from the lyrics to the artwork to the music.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ive found Disillusioned to be a total ear worm for me. I have a relatively short drive to work and I’ve been spinning it a lot. Same with Talk Talk. Disillusioned spends more time in my head, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i think maynard sounds great (lyrics are solid, a little less buried in metaphor than usual, but still strong)....its the music that's really bland (thus far).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Ive found Disillusioned to be a total ear worm for me. I have a relatively short drive to work and I’ve been spinning it a lot. Same with Talk Talk. Disillusioned spends more time in my head, though.

Yeah, first couple of times hearing disillusioned, I absolutely hated it. Then one day I had TalkTalk loaded up on YouTube and was doing something else, and I had the auto play feature on where it just plays the next recommended song, and it happened to be Disillusioned, and I was sitting there doing whatever it was I was doing at my computer and I was in a trance listening to this song. I was like "damn, this is a beautiful APC song, I wonder what song it is" and I checked and I was like "Holy smokes, it's disillusioned????? I remember hating this song!" and then it just clicked.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All three songs are growers but I love The Doomed the most of the batch. New album can’t come soon enough.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The songs from this album remind me a lot of Depeche Mode and new wave in structure and overall sound. It also hearkens back to something I remember Trent Reznor saying about Year Zero which was that he just started experimenting and doing his thing and maybe he went a little overboard on it in some places but he was happy with it. That comes to mind a lot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    All three songs are growers but I love The Doomed the most of the batch. New album can’t come soon enough.
    Agreed. TalkTalk is my second favorite. I'm very interesting in hearing the studio versions of Hourglass and Feathers. Also, an interview I read made me very excited to hear the title track as well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    A month ago, I would have ranked them as: TalkTalk, The Doomed, Disillusioned, but The doomed is easily the weakest track of the bunch for me now.
    Looking forward to the album though. At first I wasn't sure if I was on board with this new APC, but I'm pretty stoked for it now. I have a feeling it's going to be their second best album. The best? Well, that's up for personal opinion. For me, it's Mer Des Noms. For most others, It's 13th step, and I respect that opinion. Personally, I think I'm going to like this record more than 13th step though. But 13th has always been second fiddle in my eyes. The tracks that rock, really rock, but I find it has too much filler for my tastes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mer De Noms is a brilliant album.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At least no matter what we all agree it’ll be better than eMotive

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I've gotta be the only person in the world who doesn't hate that album. It's definitely my least favorite of the three, but the other two are just so freaking good that it's hard to live up to it - especially with an album of mostly covers.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    At least no matter what we all agree it’ll be better than eMotive
    I don't agree with that so far.

While I've liked what we've heard, none of the tracks have me overly excited about the album.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I've gotta be the only person in the world who doesn't hate that album.
    Nope. I really like it too. I think I listen to it more than Thirteenth Step to be honest.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I like emotive quite a bit, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some of the songs are exponentially better live but they’re still good.

With Thirteenth Step and emotive I think I enjoy them as concept albums.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Emotive has Counting Bodies and Passive, along with a kick ass opener in Annhilation and a great, dark cover of Imagine.

Im not much a fan of Emotive, but everything I mentioned above is better than any new tracks (the live ones and the singles) IMHO.

Thats pretty sad actually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is Passive the only song to ever have emerged from Tapeworm? How close do we think it was to what was written then?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Is Passive the only song to ever have emerged from Tapeworm? How close do we think it was to what was written then?
    So far the only things that have emerged from Tapeworm are "Passive" (lyrics only), "Potions" (lyrics only), and whatever musical bits and pieces Trent salvaged to use in the making of "The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of NiggyTardust!".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Per their Wikipedia page:

Only two songs "Vacant" and "Potions", have ever been identified as Tapeworm songs. Neither have been released, though cover versions by Maynard James Keenan's other projects have surfaced. The first, "Vacant" was initially conceived during the Tapeworm sessions; the track being written by Lohner and re-arranged by Clouser, with lyrics and melody by Keenan and chorus and backing vocals by Reznor.[6] The song was first performed live by A Perfect Circle throughout their 2001 tour.[6] MTV reported that Reznor was apparently not happy that Keenan performed the song: "I have to admit I find it mildly irritating for "Vacant" to debut in this fashion before feeling it has been properly realized,"[6] Shortly after the dissolution of the Tapeworm project, Keenan released a reworked version on A Perfect Circle's 2004 cover album Emotive under the title "Passive".[12]
    Another side-project of Maynard James Keenan, Puscifer, released an album titled "C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE) with a song, "Potions (Deliverance Mix)," which had writing credits given to Trent Reznor.[13]
    In response to rumors that Keenan released a Tapeworm song without any changes made, a blog was posted on the home page of the main Puscifer website on November 18, 2009 saying that:
    Ok. Let's use an APC album as an example. eMOTIVe. APC did a song called "Imagine." If you view the credits for the song you'll find various bits of info. Generally speaking the writers name appears in parenthesis next to the track. The performer info may or may not be listed in the album credits. If you see performer info it may be broken down to instruments. For example ... "Billy Howerdel - Guitars and Back-up Vocals. Josh Freese - Drums and percussion, etc... Or it may be a given that the people who performed on this project/album/track are the band in question. So it will just say "B Howerdel - guitars, Josh Freese - drums, M J Keenan - vocals, etc. ... But Writing credits are different. Next to "Imagine" you'll see the name John Lennon. Because he wrote the song. You may want to sit down for the next bit. Ready? John Lennon didn't perform or sing or play on the APC version of "Imagine." He didn't produce it, direct it, co-produce it, or grab us Latte's during the recording of it. Why? Because he's dead. he just wrote it. And we performed a version of it. If you visit the Project Credits of this site now, you'll start to see what we mean. Hope that helps.
    Later Keenan delved further into the issue on his Twitter account only nine hours after the initial blog had been posted. Keenan essentially confirmed the song's origins in the Tapeworm project while also confirming that the song was covered and released by Puscifer in the same fashion as A Perfect Circle did with "Passive," saying the following:
    [To] conclude if [I] may. If [you] HATE Potions, hate US not Trent. We wrote it together, but PUSCIFER produced it. It was my wedding present [to] him.[14]