Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I am in

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks amazing but fuckssakes, the trailer is basically the whole fuckin' movie.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Looks amazing but fuckssakes, the trailer is basically the whole fuckin' movie.
    Did you see the movie already?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This was uncalled for.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 08-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Blah blah I know it's just the trailer and you don't know and blah blah. Let me reword it so as to not start yet another pointless ETS passive aggressive argument that clogs a thread.

*yawns* Well golly gee I think they show a bit too much of the good scenes for my tastes!
    I was legitimately asking a question and not being sarcastic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well then fuck, I'm sorry lol. It had the aroma of every other comment like that I've seen on ETS lately lol. No I haven't.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well then fuck, I'm sorry lol. It had the aroma of every other comment like that I've seen on ETS lately lol. No I haven't.
    Its cool man, I was ready to ask some questions via PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Well, if Joaquin Phoenix is maintaining the same quality of work we see in this trailer into the whole movie, he may pull a Heath Ledger. And I am not saying this lightly.

I am definitely entertained.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK WB, i'll give this a look. Hype from people that have seen rough cuts/early screens is GLOWING.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks awesome. I haven't seen any of the DC movies, which looked shitty, but I really want to see this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the reviews calling him an incel have me worried, but there are almost as many saying it's brilliant. I guess it'll turn out to be whatever your personal lens is.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fuck this movie hard. will not be watching ever.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    On the one hand i really want to see what most critics are calling an amazing film, but on the other i'm really worried about all the links to Joker validating the worst groups of people on the internet...which is fucking crazy, it's the Joker, he is the WORST...but then again the worst people online idolise the worst people

Fuck...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    On the one hand i really want to see what most critics are calling an amazing film, but on the other i'm really worried about all the links to Joker validating the worst groups of people on the internet...which is fucking crazy, it's the Joker, he is the WORST...but then again the worst people online idolise the worst people

Fuck...
    Perhaps check out this article.

tl;dr: it's a movie that perhaps reflects the era it's being released in, and that's nothing new...and if incel losers want to attach themselves to it, it's not the movie's fault (see: people that still whine about video games causing violence in the year 2019).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I watched the first two episodes of Swamp Thing and I love it. It's really a pity it has been cancelled for some stupid money reasons.

I also watched the first episode of Pennyworth. I rolled my eyes at having Thomas Wayne introduced in the first 10 minutes of the episode and the mention that Alfred could become a butler before he is 40. Guys, we know who Alfred Pennyworth is, duh. But it's still interesting to see what he did before becoming the man who would raised Bruce. I like the PTSD like signs from his time during the war. I like that he's trying to do things for himself. Lets see where this goes.

I can't wait for Batwoman though. Ruby Rose is going to kill it in the role.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am not a fan of shows the revolve main hero’s universe but doesn’t involve them. Someone told me if you pretend that the show is not about Alfred, it’s a pretty decent James Bond knock off.

Titans season 2 premiers, with season 1’s season finale lol. I don’t understand the decision to start it off that way, and the episode for me personally had less impact to conclude the whole trigon storyline, but the last 15 minutes of that episode were glorious. Looking forward to season 2 actually starting.

And how they ended Swamp Thing, with a cliff hanger, gives them an opening to make a second season if they choose to. There was a point where Doom Patrol( the best show on the app on the service in my opinion) wasn’t getting a season renew announcement. But eventually that was revealed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's funny it's called "The Suicide Squad" is prefixing "The" proper sequelling now?

Also I do think James Gunn has a reasonable chance of making a good movie here but the first one is one of the worst movies ever made, like studiable for decades bad

Also, because Guardians of the Galaxy is already a movie, it seems like striking too close to that is pointless and boring?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Also I do think James Gunn has a reasonable chance of making a good movie here but the first one is one of the worst movies ever made, like studiable for decades bad
    I didn’t like the movie neither, but I think that is a bit extreme.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Also, because Guardians of the Galaxy is already a movie, it seems like striking too close to that is pointless and boring?
    Suicide Squad debuted in 1959, Guardians of the Galaxy in 1969. While Marvel does have a track record of copying DC's material, I don't think they're all that similar in this case, aside from the fact that they're both comedic team-based stories. Suicide Squad has always been about a rotating roster of Z-list baddies being forced at gunpoint to do good things (and most of them die in the process), whereas GOG has a few core team members who generally stay alive despite the odds.

It's such a pity that DC's film record is so bad. They have good IP, it's just that they don't seem to care who translates it to the silver screen. Hopefully this new wave of movies will change that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I didn’t like the movie neither, but I think that is a bit extreme.
    You can find many examples of me using hyperbole and superlative on ETS, but I wasn't really exaggerating here..

That movie is a disaster, to a fascinating degree and maybe in that sense it isn't all that bad. But somehow it's fascinating badness eventually gives way to the worst thing any movie can be, which is boring.

Combining a corner case of so-bad-its-good but only forensically with too-boring-to-watch is a unique thing

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It sucks for sure. But it was another movie butchered by studio heads. Ayer has come out and said whAt was on screen was not his original vision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    It's such a pity that DC's film record is so bad. They have good IP, it's just that they don't seem to care who translates it to the silver screen. Hopefully this new wave of movies will change that.
    Yes. I am going to go a bit further and say DC keeps telling the same few stories over and over again and, while I love Superman, Batman etc...I am kind of bored of seeing the same stories being told in different ways instead of telling new stories on the big screen. I hate that DC abandoned (did they really abandon it?) the Justice League stuff and basically all these characters and movies being in the same universe.

While I don't think every Marvel movie has been good (sure a few just average, perhaps meh ones) what I have grown to love about Marvel are the many different stories that have been and are being and will be told. I wish that would not deter DC from telling new stories in the film world but... ugh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I agree. Yikes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It’s all trash, but look at Black Mask. He’s just a douchey guy in a white suit! You bastards.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That is, hands down, one of the WORST looking posters i've ever seen...this year at least. Seriously are studio's just hiring people with a basic knowledge of photoshop and nothing else "I once used word to make a logo from Microsoft clipart" "YOU'RE HIRED!", i could have done a better job with my eyes closed...OK maybe that's an exaggeration, but it does look like it was rushed and just thrown together.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I really really dislike that gangster vibe they have going for the whole Suicide Squad thing... and please tell me that they at least somehow have Black Mask wear a mask that is reminiscent of what is known from the comics. Apart from Robbie all of this looks just as terrible as it did with Suicide Squad (of which I only liked the Batman scenes).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Considering Black Mask's NAME is Black Mask and one of his main characteristics is how his Black Mask is stuck on his face it would be very stupid if they don't have him IN A FUCKING BLACK MASK in this film...but that's just me.