Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Trent Reznor doesn't care about non-US people.
    funniest thing ive heard in a loooong time hahahahaha

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How are you guys tagging the various website music mp3s that you may have saved? What are you calling them in the ID3 tags?

Something like...

Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Website Music 1.mp3
    Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Website Music 2.mp3

etc? Because I don't see any particular way to differentiate between them. And indeed if these will be on the final album release.
    i've been using the website name and then the date for the file name. if there's multiple files on the same date then i append a, b, c, etc.

so, for instance: Comes Forth In The Thaw 12.02.2011 or CFITT 12.02.2011b.... you get the idea.

i put them in a misc subfolder inside of my trent reznor and atticus ross folder so no need to bloat the file names more with artists' names.

EDIT: oops, didn't really answer the question... as far as track names in the tags it's relatively the same only i use /'s instead of .'s
    Last edited by Jon; 12-02-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: doh

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    According to iTunes Ping, Trent preordered his own work...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    According to iTunes Ping, Trent preordered his own work...
    To see how/if it was working, i'm sure. Especially after this cluster fuck overseas.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    To see how/if it was working, i'm sure. Especially after this cluster fuck overseas.
    Yeah, I figured it had to be something like that.. still, kinda funny to see that

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I like your humor.
    I hope you like mine "fucker"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    im really bitchin around to get someone with a credit card to get the deluxe ed-
    i just dont get it y theres no paypal- it worked well with the ghosts deluxe so now what?!
    *im pissed*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Here we go...

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    • Karen O. with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    • Immigrant Song (Digital Single) • m4a ALAC (Lossless)
    • 19.7 MB • 950 kbps avg. bitrate • 2 mins, 53 secs
    • Complete tags including Album Art, Unsynced Lyrics*, Sort, Tempo, Publishing Information (like on purchased iTunes files) and Performance Credits
    • Fixed sector boundary error common in completely digital files, this is ready to be burned to a CD safely; also includes aucdtect file to verify lossless

*I left out the "ah, ah"'s and "oh, oh, oh"'s in the lyrics (monkey noises!)
    Download https://rapidshare.com/files/614575272/Immigrant_Song__Digital_Single___m4a_ALAC_.rar

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    • Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Extended Trailer) • m4a AAC (Lossy)
    • 7.6 MB • 128 avg. bitrate • 8 mins, 24 secs
    • Complete tags including Album Art, Sort, Publishing Information (like on purchased iTunes files) and Performance Credits
    • I extracted the m4a file from the m4v trailer using Quicktime Pro

Download https://rapidshare.com/files/3307632...__m4a_AAC_.rar

and here's the .m4v trailer, also tagged as much as possible and iTunes / iDevice ready

Download https://rapidshare.com/files/9571411...__m4v_AAC_.rar

### All album art was scaled to 500x500 (or as close to that as possible) to maximize display on an iPhone / iPod Touch
    Since we all know there is limited access to rapidshare after a period, i hope someone will eventually host this content for a longer period of time. Thank you Jon for sharing this with us!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    i've been using the website name and then the date for the file name. if there's multiple files on the same date then i append a, b, c, etc.

so, for instance: Comes Forth In The Thaw 12.02.2011 or CFITT 12.02.2011b.... you get the idea.

i put them in a misc subfolder inside of my trent reznor and atticus ross folder so no need to bloat the file names more with artists' names.

EDIT: oops, didn't really answer the question... as far as track names in the tags it's relatively the same only i use /'s instead of .'s
    Interesting... apart from dotcom.mp3 I have seven other files, but not sure which sites they originate from. How many do you have?

Being pretty pedantic I'd like to have these tagged in a cohesive manner. Maybe we can discuss this more via PM. Lemme know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I predict we'll see an invocation of Godwin's Law soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I managed to order it from overseas. Dunno if that means it's going to get cancelled or if they've fixed it. I'm half glad though. Kinda wouldn't have minded keeping my money haha. Big investment for some music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hmmm, another $300 Super Deluxe music package, complete with Trent's autograph and limited to 3,000, again? I guess Trent's old robot suit must have finally worn-out (those of you who followed Meathead's toon about the real reason behind Trent's Ghosts Super Deluxe package will understand the reference). Either way, I've made my order and look forward to helping Trent toward his goal of purchasing another robot suit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there anyone kind enough to order the deluxe for me.
    I could pay per paypal in advance, and the shipment should go to me...
    I don't c any other way now.
    Some admin maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a morning. Woke up at 8:15. Got dressed and ate as fast as I could. Checked the Nullco store page to make sure the deluxe pakeage was still there. Left at 8:40 listening to the Screaming Trees, ominously during the first song Halo Of Ashes was the line 'one foot in the grave' and just as he sang it I looked left and there was a funeral going past so that didn't do much to help my mood.

Got into the bank in the city center at 9:06. I had my card but not the right savings book, which I couldn't find. I almost didn't get the money but I was able to get £350 though it meant my savings account is closed off for the next two weeks. Then I ran out of the bank and charged over to the bus stop to go home. THEN a marching band if you can believe that just appeared out of nowhere and clearly where going to hold up the whole road. So it was another walk/panicked run home. I got in at 9:36 and clicked the fuck out of that pre-order page. Now I'm listening to the samplier and relaxing before work at 12.

Damn you Mr Reznor.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meetree View Post
    Is there anyone kind enough to order the deluxe for me.
    I could pay per paypal in advance, and the shipment should go to me...
    I don't c any other way now.
    Some admin maybe?
    sent you a pm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i still got no e-mail for the free sampler

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    i still got no e-mail for the free sampler

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Immigrant song reminded me of Dead souls (nin version). Not very amused, need less distorted voice to understand and appreciate songs (just the way my music taste works), but it'll be good intro track i guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    none-Americans who ordered today - who is delivering your package? is it still Sandbag? or Null itself?
    I ordered yesterday when their site was temporarely up and I really don't like the fact that dragontattoo.sandbaghq.com is down ever since.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I live in Europe and I bought the package from the Null Corp yesterday evening CET.
    Topspin arranged the order and did the transaction.
    Last edited by witte; 12-03-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I live in Europe and I bought the package from the Null Corp yesterday evening CET.
    Topspin arranged the order and did the transaction.
    thank you. damn it I really have some bad feeling about Sandbag. it's like.. they've got some orders right after LE went on sale and then when it was up for a short amount of time yesterday's evening and then dragontattoo part of their site went down forever. doesn't look good.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Forget Sandbag.
    I emailed them yesterday, because my orders disappeared.
    They replied today with 2 messages, asking me stupid questions.
    Did you pay them already?
    If not, take no risk and order again using the US site.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After listening to the sampler a few times, I can say without a doubt this is some of Trent and Atticus's best work. And this is only 6 tracks out of the 39. I want the rest right now dammnit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    finally got the e-mail and it's awesome. the last part of the 8 minute trailer is pretty cool too. hopefully there will be some cool posters available seperately, as I can't justify to spend 300 bucks on vinyls when i don't even have a vinyl player.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    finally got the e-mail and it's awesome. the last part of the 8 minute trailer is pretty cool too. hopefully there will be some cool posters available seperately, as I can't justify to spend 300 bucks on vinyls when i don't even have a vinyl player.
    This would imply so I think http://instagr.am/p/W-h7y/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    This would imply so I think http://instagr.am/p/W-h7y/
    Those aren't posters... unless you're saying the artwork on the soundtrack indicates the quality of poster art?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ok, if TR says not to worry, I don't worry any more
    Last edited by acidpolly; 12-03-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Those aren't posters... unless you're saying the artwork on the soundtrack indicates the quality of poster art?
    I think the fact they've got so many prints for it, including what appears to be a tall one, would imply that.

Mind you, there weren't any for TSN

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For historical purposes:

Quote Originally Posted by trent_reznor
    Hey guys-

Here's what's up - we partnered with Mute for distribution outside the US for a number of reasons I'll explain later. Although they claimed differently, they were obviously unprepared for the onslaught of interest resulting in the unacceptable bullshit some of you have experienced. At about 10AM LA time Fri we'd had enough and switched everything over to our store. Shipping costs went up, orders got fulfilled - it seemed like the only real choice here.
    For those of you in SANDBAG (what an appropriately shitty name) limbo, I will post what to do here as soon as I get the correct info. In the meantime I personally assure you you'll get your order IN order.
    Again, my apologies for this. Our intentions were to serve you better, not this.
    More info coming.