Page 79 of 123 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well I can say this that after a couple listens, the only tracks I don't care for are Sex and Tattoo. Love the Latin in Zeig Dich, the euro dance feel of Auslander. Puppe and Diamant and the synths on Weit Weg are just god tier.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tried picking up the CD today but the HMV in the shopping centre I went to has recently closed, so I went the iTunes route.

Flake is ALL OVER this record and it's wonderful, the only thing I really hate is the production. I am really struggling, Richard said it was Rammstein 3D, and they've definitely got rid of the wall of guitars they usually have, but it's just suffering, especially with the electronic drums and that horrible reverb on them. I'm no expert by any means but I just wish they'd have stuck with Jacob Hellner again.

Aside from that, this is full of great riffs, solid choruses and fantastic songwriting. I particularly like Tattoo. I must admit though usually Rammstein albums have a certain flow, with a certain kind of album closer and Hallomann is not that kind of track. It just kinda goes into that choral bit and then disappears, leaving me ready for another track.

Overall it's a weird one, quite a strong a record and a different one for the band, hopefully not the final one. Will take more repeated listens to get used to everything.
    Last edited by Jord; 05-18-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Went to to a local record store in Columbus to pick up a physical copy, but they were sold out...
    but there was a FYE tent at sonic temple that oddly enough had it. Considering 99% of the inventory were from bands that were actually playing the fest, was strange to see it there, but it helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    the euro dance feel of Auslander.
    It'S like it's Rammstein's "Danse Macabre" which is fine by me, because I think that's one of the better songs off prequelle.
    Surprisingly really good song. Don't care what "metal fans" think. A fun dancy beat never hurt anyone.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Went to to a local record store in Columbus to pick up a physical copy, but they were sold out...
    but there was a FYE tent at sonic temple that oddly enough had it. Considering 99% of the inventory were from bands that were actually playing the fest, was strange to see it there, but it helped me.

It'S like it's Rammstein's "Danse Macabre" which is fine by me, because I think that's one of the better songs off prequelle.
    Surprisingly really good song. Don't care what "metal fans" think. A fun dancy beat never hurt anyone.
    I’m as metal as they come, and auslander is fantastic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still have yet to get the CD. As much as I'd love to have a vinyl copy I don't wanna venture into getting all their albums on wax. I'll settle for the CD version.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I still have yet to get the CD. As much as I'd love to have a vinyl copy I don't wanna venture into getting all their albums on wax. I'll settle for the CD version.
    I got the special cd. But. I am going to start little by little picking up their stuff on vinyl since they have been remastered and some old songs have some differences.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Wrote a lenghty piece on the new record in light of the concerts in Munich after talking to a lot of my friends and colleagues from various music magazines the last three days, chaning the order of tracks, deep diving into some of them and really trying to listen to this very isolated and for what it is. Feel free to read it even if it's in German, but deepl.com does a pretty good job with translating it, although some wordings may get lost or seem off: https://bit.ly/2w99ak4

This my opinion as a long-time fan, but I guess I have to come to terms that this band may not be my band anymore and people shouldn't read too much into this as its just a band. The venture from 90s industrial induced stomping rock to a sort of millenial goth-metal is not my taste thouhh, yet I can respect that many take a liking to this more accessible sound. It definitely is a fun record if it came from another band without such a prolific legacy like Rammstein.

It's solid, but ultimately lacks what I find great about Rammstein except a few parts and oldschool-reminiscing tracks like "Tattoo" and "Hallomann". "Deutschland" is still a booming comeback and left a lot to expect and anticipate. Flake's also doing his career's best work on this whereas the rest of the band is on autopilot imho. I'm very very much looking forward to the live shows though and I am keen to see what time does to this record. Lyrically it is their most flat record and I'm very dissapointed as Till once was a master playing with words. I love what he did with "Fernweh" and "fernes Weh" on Radio, but he used craft his poetry way better in the past. To have a song about sex called "Sex" on the record comapred to "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?" speaks for itself. "Hallomann" for example does a very good job with clouding the true meaning of what's actually going on in the song, handling the theme of child abuse very careful. I wish that kind of lyrical quality would exist on all of the new tracks.

My ranking as of now:

Mutter
    Herzeleid
    Sehnsucht
    Reise Reise
    Rosenrot
    Rammstein
    Liebe ist für alle da (although Donaukinder has to be one of the best Rammstein songs in existence)

Oh and thank you @Toadflax for making some really good points on evolution and time. Rammstein indeed worked only 3 years on this and not 9 as many try to make you believe.
    Re: Donaukinder, how did you feel about them removing the guitar solo from the vinyl box set release?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Incidentally, just went to the store with 15 minutes before it shut. No album in sight. Guy working in store walks past saying “can I help you?” holding a bunch of regular and special editions in his hand - said it was delayed and literally just came out here and that my timing couldn’t have been better, haha:

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I just came in to say the “SEEEEEX” part reminds me of “FAAAAAT!” by Lindemann, haha

Certain parts of the drumming sound like Haifisch as well.

”SEEEEX, HAHAHA, ja!” @Space Suicide
    A few other similarities / themes I’ve noticed while listening:

- Mentioned before, but “Diamant” reminds me a lot of “That’s My Heart” by Lindemann

- “Hallomann,” lyrically, is depicted throughout the video for “Mathematik,” also by Lindemann, though obviously more humorously:

- The way Till sings “blut” in “Tattoo” reminds me of the way he was singing it in the song “Blut” for the Hänsel Und Gretel stage show - songs from which have confirmed to be on the next Lindemann record which will also be in German this time: http://affenknecht.com/till-lindeman...in-once-again/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have to say this band has been painfully off my radar since about sometime after Mutter, but I'm just getting around to this new album on Spotify and it's exceptionally solid! If there's some chance they tour through Michigan on this cycle I'll have to make it a point to finally see them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Allow me to advocate now - If Rammstein tours the US and comes within 5-7 hours of you, make the trip and go. I saw them twice in Chicago while I was living in St. Louis and both shows were incredible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Allow me to advocate now - If Rammstein tours the US and comes within 5-7 hours of you, make the trip and go. I saw them twice in Chicago while I was living in St. Louis and both shows were incredible.

They're on my bucketlist. Looks like I'm moving to colorado with the wife for her school in the fall if I can get a job at the university she got in to. Hopefully they announce a Red Rocks show.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I want the CD, but no record store has brought it here, arrrrgh...

Anyone care to explain whats the difference between the "Special" and the "Regular" edition? They have the same amount of tracks...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-20-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's nine hours for me to Chicago, stretch and that out!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Anyone care to explain whats the difference between the "Special" and the "Regular" edition? They have the same amount of tracks...
    Just larger A5 packaging and a bit more content in the booklet. See here: https://www.discogs.com/Rammstein-Ra...lease/13636051

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Just the packaging. Deluxe is a taller bluray sized case with a bit more artwork in it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Puppe doesn't sound like the work of a band that's ready to retire....

Till even shrugged it off, saying that they all worked so hard for so long on this record and Richard was just tired.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A friend of mine joked "Weit Weg" is a little Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers". The synths into the guitars.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Puppe doesn't sound like the work of a band that's ready to retire....

Till even shrugged it off, saying that they all worked so hard for so long on this record and Richard was just tired.
    I hope that's a show staple on the upcoming tour. Would love to hear that song live.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I hope that's a show staple on the upcoming tour. Would love to hear that song live.
    Same here. I keep picturing an amalgamation of the 1998(?) performance of Heirate Mich with the final lyric sung and the head being blown off the figure, and the dolls coming down from Wiener Blut.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did anyone else order the special edition from Amazon? As feared, my copy was pretty well flattened/creased thanks to their use of a standard bubble mailer. Figure I’ll wait until the replacement I requested arrives and then send back whichever is in worse shape.

I really wish the official store had a US outpost to allow for reasonable shipping costs...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Did anyone else order the special edition from Amazon? As feared, my copy was pretty well flattened/creased thanks to their use of a standard bubble mailer. Figure I’ll wait until the replacement I requested arrives and then send back whichever is in worse shape.

I really wish the official store had a US outpost to allow for reasonable shipping costs...
    Amazon used extra packaging for my vinyl copy - frustration-free packaging inside of a cardboard box, so mine was well taken care of. Their inconsistencies always amaze me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon used extra packaging for my vinyl copy - frustration-free packaging inside of a cardboard box, so mine was well taken care of. Their inconsistencies always amaze me.
    100% agree. They’ve done a generally great job on the vinyl I’ve ordered from them, but these days smaller items seem to be suffering from what appears to be a move towards more standardized packaging, i.e. these stupid bubble mailers. They’re usually fine for jewel cases, but digipacks more often than not arrived with crushed corners and spines. I know, old man yells at cloud, film at 11...

Slightly more on topic, I’m pleased to find myself enjoying this album more than any since Mutter. Although I kept up with all subsequent output, my interest waned as the “tanz-metall” elements were minimized. As such, tracks like Radio are a very welcome callback, though oddly enough my favorite track might be Puppe. Till sounds like he’s pushing his voice to a degree he hasn’t in years. Hopefully that doesn’t preclude it from becoming a live staple, but either way I’ll turn out for a US tour if at all possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post

My copy came in a box with another item but was squashed down. Probably happened at their warehouse more than anything.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Does Rammsteinshop.us not have reasonable shipping prices?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    As far as I can tell, all the “US” shop does is allow you to transact in USD. Single CD shipping cost is $20.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I’ve been soaking up this album over the past few days and holy hell does the band sound good! Favorite song so far is a toss up between “Puppe” and “Zeig Dich.”

Puppe - this song caught me off guard once Till started to get into the meat of the song. I really dig how aggressive this track sounds.

Zeig Dich - I absolutely love how this song builds up from the beginning and then the guitars come and we’re off to the races!

So far nothing has jumped out at me as far as songs I don’t like. I’m going to give the album a few more solid listens to see where I rank this among their albums.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    New from the touring front: Everything seems to be built up already for the two rehearsal shows in Gelsenkirchen tomorrow and on the 26th before the official concerts start on the 27th and 28th. 40 trucks in total were spotted outside the venue. Very sure that we will have a setlist later tomorrow night.

And it looks like it won't be Joe Letz DJing after all but Duo Jatekok, two women from France apparently who will play "Klavier" on two pianos before the shows. Well, while I love the classical renditions of Rammstein songs for the most part, this sound rather boring for such a massive show. Let's see...

http://duojatekok.com/wp/language/en/
    Last edited by dlb; 05-23-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    No man and it's bullshit. I want that Sehnsucht Movie Poster shirt so bad but no fucking way am I going to spend the same amount in shipping as the shirt itself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    good album

can't get enough of Auslander and Puppe