Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Wave Goodbye 2009 DVD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wave Goodbye 2009 DVD

So, does anybody have any info on the status of this project? or has it been shelved along with The Fragile DE?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't think there was any official wave goodbye release planned, and the only one planned was more of a fan release. I don't know what's happening with the fan release other than the fact that the people behind it have been paid in advance by a lot of fan and the only thing released in the past year or so is one trailer. With the old ETS being dead, I really can't recall what the name of the project was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I recall, no official footage has been released except for somewhat damaged from Bowery:

and just like you imagined from LA:

Nothing may have been planned but the footage certainly exists and I can't wait to see the entire Bowery show in high quality, along with the very last show.
    Last edited by russizm; 12-01-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: editing to clear my edit that i had made an edit, because now there is this box here, to give reasoning to my edits!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent certainly has tweeted in the past that he has been working on the full-scale DVD. (along with tweets about the fragile, HTDA, new NIN etc.)
    If someone would be willing to research, you'd find it in a matter of min. (i'm too lazy.)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If every one of the last North American shows was taped (excluding the Webster Hall performance and the performance in Toronto), that's a LOT of footage to go through. There's also the chance that Trent doesn't think every performance is worth taking the time to assemble. There's some great performances from this tour, but there's also a lot of overlap. Not every song from every show needs to be edited together. I think once they take the time to sort through all of the footage, they'll put together some kind of 'best-of' package for us to view.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    I don't think there was any official wave goodbye release planned, and the only one planned was more of a fan release. I don't know what's happening with the fan release other than the fact that the people behind it have been paid in advance by a lot of fan and the only thing released in the past year or so is one trailer. With the old ETS being dead, I really can't recall what the name of the project was...
    Why would Trent hire a 5+ camera crew to record 3 shows in NYC, 2 in Chicago and 4 in LA if he didn't plan on doing something with the footage?
    I hope to see something come of this, whether it's every show full length multi-cam dvds, one dvd splicing all of the shows together (which would look odd considering the extreme difference in venues), or if he gives up and dumps raw footage at us again (which I would personally love because Robin's camera man shot me a few times at both Chicago shows). Maybe we'll get an update, or another random video, for the holidays? Trent loves to give us the best presents...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I love that clip. mike garcon does an AMAZING job on the keys.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just keep waiting... something cool will happen with this, someday. I'm sure of it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, it's good to know it wasn't just my imagination that there were rumblings about the filming of shows from Wave Goodbye. Hope to see it released one day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Trent certainly has tweeted in the past that he has been working on the full-scale DVD. (along with tweets about the fragile, HTDA, new NIN etc.)
    If someone would be willing to research, you'd find it in a matter of min. (i'm too lazy.)
    Don't have time to research it, but he definitely did Tweet about it, something along the lines of while working on it and watching it again, he actually managed to miss touring. Would be about 6-7 months ago now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    as for the fan release - well, atleast i did some.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

This is for the fan footage gathered 2009.08.22-09.10

For the first leg of the tour - this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

If someone wants this footage in dvd format - http://www.seven1963.org/NIN.htm. I didnt release any blueray option, but it exists (720p) for the vol.2.

But i suppose that you're talking about some other project. Just wanted to say Hi. 8)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Just keep waiting... something cool will happen with this, someday. I'm sure of it.
    Update from a decade later. Nothing yet, but soon...I know it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Update from a decade later. Nothing yet, but soon...I know it.
    You couldn't wait 9 more months?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    you gotta get the 'soon' post in when you're dealing with Trent.
    but soon...I know it.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Oh, fine. The meaning of life is... *fade to black*

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Oh, fine. The meaning of life is... *fade to black*
    I found the location of the hidden footage:

Mentioned