Page 162 of 195 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 5840

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I use nothing but original master recordings dust covers and inner sleeves. You can find them on amazon for around $20 for 50 each
    Hmmm, I seem to be having trouble tracking down those sleeves on AmazonAu. Will any anti-static sleeves do the trick? Is there anything in particular I should watch out for?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I hope it resizes...

I have bought so much stuff from Bandcamp since @eversonpoe introduced me to the show Two Minutes to Late Night. I mean Brodsky rocks but geez.

the other 7" is from Super7.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-21-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh man droneflower sounds amazing! i didn't even know that existed!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Hmmm, I seem to be having trouble tracking down those sleeves on AmazonAu. Will any anti-static sleeves do the trick? Is there anything in particular I should watch out for?

hmm...seems like Amazon.com is currently sold out but this is what the packaging looks like.

you can always head over to crutchfield and order from them.

I have used several different brands over the years and finally settled on the OMR due to the quality. These feel thicker and I have never had any issues of them leaving any lines/damage to the records themselves. Other sleeves have resulted in damage like this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    hmm...seems like Amazon.com is currently sold out but this is what the packaging looks like.

you can always head over to crutchfield and order from them.

I have used several different brands over the years and finally settled on the OMR due to the quality. These feel thicker and I have never had any issues of them leaving any lines/damage to the records themselves. Other sleeves have resulted in damage like this.
    Sold! I’ll import if I have to, but I will definitely be getting the OMRs from somewhere. Thanks for your expertise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

is this a thing? because it sounds like a terrible idea at first blush.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Seems like a terrible idea to me! Props to Boomkat, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    is this a thing? because it sounds like a terrible idea at first blush.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My recent addition to my collection

I'm so happy this has an official physical release. Much better than the CD on Demand version I got from Amazon a few years ago.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    what the fuck

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This arrived today... looking forward to hearing the album finally (sure, I received the digital download the day of release, but I like to wait to hear things on vinyl first...)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    something that's been bugging me: I got* the signed PUSA album from the kickstarter, right? I'm looking at it and they signed the plastic, not the actual album. So now I have to either keep the damn thing sealed or just cut a perfect slit in it to get the vinyl in and out. why would they do this? and what is acceptable to you when it comes to signed items? I have some signed CDs but it's easy for them to slip the book out and sign that so I understand the difficulty of a vinyl, there's not a lot there for options.

*I didn't really get it, the poor sap in charge of their customer service got tired of me complaining that it's still in Georgia (Since April!!!) and sent me one of his. It's still in Georgia btw and if I ever get it I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    something that's been bugging me
    I think it should bug you. What are other fans doing with theirs?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Looking at the kickstarter: mostly bitching about not receiving it. but I'll look and see.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    something that's been bugging me: I got* the signed PUSA album from the kickstarter, right? I'm looking at it and they signed the plastic, not the actual album. So now I have to either keep the damn thing sealed or just cut a perfect slit in it to get the vinyl in and out. why would they do this? and what is acceptable to you when it comes to signed items? I have some signed CDs but it's easy for them to slip the book out and sign that so I understand the difficulty of a vinyl, there's not a lot there for options.

*I didn't really get it, the poor sap in charge of their customer service got tired of me complaining that it's still in Georgia (Since April!!!) and sent me one of his. It's still in Georgia btw and if I ever get it I don't know what I'm going to do with it.
    I just double checked my copy and so far as I can tell (it's still sealed) the signatures are on the sleeve rather than the shrink.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Everything he said should be complete common sense, yet I feel like there a lot of people who would need to hear it. I go into used shops and look at records sometimes and I'm just mindblown that someone could take such poor care of their records. Breaks my little record-loving heart.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Everything he said should be complete common sense, yet I feel like there a lot of people who would need to hear it.
    ...and that's why I post things like this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just really liking the look of this platter...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I just double checked my copy and so far as I can tell (it's still sealed) the signatures are on the sleeve rather than the shrink.
    just checked and apparently they sealed it back up! huh, crisis - as it were - averted. ��

grabbed one of these. If you haven't watched the special check it out.

https://johnmulaney.bandcamp.com/alb...ck-lunch-bunch
    Last edited by allegate; 07-24-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So that 180g Queen "Greatest Hits" 1/2 speed remaster is worth picking up. "Greatest Hits II" as well, but I still like the first one more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just picked up the Old Man Gloom record(s), Seminar VIII, Light of Meaning, "a new album, featuring a free oversized heavy-duty download card holder, informational pamphlet, and bonus vinyl record! along with Seminar IX, Darkness of Being, the other new album, a companion to the other album that's just been released. Not to be mistaken for a double album. Released by a Canadian, because no record label in Trump's America would let a Mexican drummer take a job from hard working heavy metal voters." Hahaha

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    O fucc

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bee.f View Post
    Just picked up the Old Man Gloom record(s), Seminar VIII, Light of Meaning, "a new album, featuring a free oversized heavy-duty download card holder, informational pamphlet, and bonus vinyl record! along with Seminar IX, Darkness of Being, the other new album, a companion to the other album that's just been released. Not to be mistaken for a double album. Released by a Canadian, because no record label in Trump's America would let a Mexican drummer take a job from hard working heavy metal voters." Hahaha
    they're both so good. i love them. but i really wish they hadn't come out on profound lore, because unfortunately, that canadian has harbored a lot of unsavory folks. i can't find it right now, but at one point, the vocalist of couch slut detailed her sexual assault by a guy who has released records on the label, and bruni (who runs the label) staunchly defended him and refused to kick him off the label. he puts out music by great bands but he definitely isn't a good person.

makes it even more ironic that lingua ignota, whose albums are all about overcoming the trauma of abuse, had her newest album out on PL. that was shocking and disappointing for a lot of folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they're both so good. i love them. but i really wish they hadn't come out on profound lore, because unfortunately, that canadian has harbored a lot of unsavory folks. i can't find it right now, but at one point, the vocalist of couch slut detailed her sexual assault by a guy who has released records on the label, and bruni (who runs the label) staunchly defended him and refused to kick him off the label. he puts out music by great bands but he definitely isn't a good person.

makes it even more ironic that lingua ignota, whose albums are all about overcoming the trauma of abuse, had her newest album out on PL. that was shocking and disappointing for a lot of folks.
    Right on. Dam. That’s a bummer, but good to know; about the label.
    All I did was copy and paste, this quote, from the stickers.
    I don’t know much about Profound Lore, but I do agree, Caligula is fucking amazing!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thirty Nights Of Violence ‎– You'll See Me Up There (Clear w/ Black Smoke [Marble Smoke])

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Took advantage of thesoundofvinyl sale and found a couple new shops.

A post shared by on

Last edited by brotha52; 08-03-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That 2016 180g remastered "The Dark Side Of The Moon" is quite lovely. Give it a nice cleaning first but just lovely...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Though it got accidentally delivered to a neighbor, finally picked up MF DOOM'S "MM .. FOOD"
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-04-2020 at 11:38 PM.